The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mario’s ’93 hardtop SRD GT4202R build

Mario

Cheers guys, will try and enjoy car as much as possible.

Thanks, about the spoiler I can only say each has an different taste and or opinion, personally I didn’t want to mess about that much with Toyota’s original design, stock drag coefficient for factory wingless models came down to .31 ''larger wheels and wider tires will up the drag coefficient'' for factory models with optional wing the drag coefficient was .32/.33. Only removed the factory antenna including motor, rear window wiper assembly including motor and center brake light assembly. Also In the rear quarter panels there was fitted two indicator lights, one each side, removed those as well. The car was build/modified to keep shape as original as possible, yet keeping the drag coefficient low, and keeping weight down as well.

Figures for a stock block i cant hellp you with, as my motor aint stock and or unopened anymore, shortblock is still stock but head has received several upgrades a number wouldnt be as representative as for an completely 100percent stock longblock imo.

My head will be mildy tweaked as well.. So just interested in how far you've dared to take the bottom end really :)

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My setup suffered from boostcreep at a certain point, so Ryan let off as it was creeping and boost raised to 2 bar plus so took it off the dyno and tried to get it mapped as best as can on UK streets without having boostcreep with current setup, which worked but there aren’t any figures available as of yet. Before Ryan let off dyno was reading 550rwhp nowhere near rev limit, from what I understood on the streets they went a bit further so everything will be a guestimate, need to sort the boostcreep issue now and get Ryan for a tune. Will stick it on a hub – dyno end of the week for a powerrun to see where its at.

• 5 weeks later...

Since I picked the car up I didnt drove it much as busy with work and weather conditions were poor to say the least, but past weekend i could finally get a good few hours behind the wheel and had to test the line lock which Lee installed for me as well. Line lock works perfectly, cant wait to install the drag set up now and get it down the qrtr to see what it does. Here are some moments captured id like to share with you.

WP_20140828_10_01_26_Pro 1.jpg

The 16inch classics should clear the UK 2pot brakes at the rear, what else is needed to get them fitted properly Ill report back later.

attachment.php?attachmentid=190673&d=1409580014

attachment.php?attachmentid=190675&d=1409580377

attachment.php?attachmentid=190674&d=1409580298

attachment.php?attachmentid=190676&d=1409580448

attachment.php?attachmentid=190677&d=1409580508

6tag_290814-175654.jpg

InstagramCapture_6c0b70cd-8cab-4ed1-af49-008a6e911faa.jpg

6tag_300814-201650.jpg

InstagramCapture_4ff38ead-0b1e-4c0a-9be7-c5ec91f9b493.jpg

InstagramCapture_bda65795-4562-41a5-8b76-f415cb3c07d5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

20170314_163404192_iOS.jpgAfter all those years and all the mods I was always like how much does the car actually weigh in at? Finally got my answer 1470 kilos with a 100% full tank. Next step will be to throw out the old seats and install some nice lightweight buckets.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]217492[/ATTACH]

Edited by Mario (see edit history)