The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance challenge

tooquicktostop

So it appears insuring a supra continues to get harder!

Comp insurance is a no go, Lwib use the same company as SKY so will not quote and most majors won't touch the car

Sky have quoted but its not great, I have full no claims and am 41 years old, it has to be better than 750 !!

Any other suggestions

Not wishing to go away from your problem but i've just been onto my

insurer on the Landcruiser and they won't budge on the price.

Went on confused.com and got the exact same cover for 20% less,

some of the quotes on there are hilarious and proves car insurance

is a joke.

My policy now costs me £320, one company quoted £1700 :blink: pmsl

It's just lazy IMO, Sky just like all other insurance companies expect me to ring around and get a better quote I then know all too well they will match it

The issues with this is that my car is so modified most make you go through the whole insurance detail process to tell you they can't insure it or they are only willing to quote based on your current requote details

IT'S BORING and to be honest is putting me off bothering and putting the car up for sale

I have a new business starting in a few months !!

Guest aspire

to the op, sounds silly but admiral combined both of my cars for a grand total of £412 fully comp, each is limited to 5000 miles per year, sky wanted something like £700 just for my supra, i was with livingstone and it started to creep up to the £400 mark, give admiral a try at least

I have car with admiral but they don't do modified imports ?

They quoted me on my modifed na, granted its not modifed power wise but lots of other bits.

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of company are CCI if they don't insure a road car for the road ffs !

Clue i gues is in the name ;)

So it appears insuring a supra continues to get harder!

Comp insurance is a no go, Lwib use the same company as SKY so will not quote and most majors won't touch the car

Sky have quoted but its not great, I have full no claims and am 41 years old, it has to be better than 750 !!

Any other suggestions

I don't get this one bit

It's just lazy IMO, Sky just like all other insurance companies expect me to ring around and get a better quote I then know all too well they will match it

The issues with this is that my car is so modified most make you go through the whole insurance detail process to tell you they can't insure it or they are only willing to quote based on your current requote details

IT'S BORING and to be honest is putting me off bothering and putting the car up for sale

I have a new business starting in a few months !!

I have the same saga as this every bloody year, and like you say it gets boring. My premium I finally get down to I'm happy with, but it's a battle, and the next year I have to start all over again. My renewals always seem to come in at £300-£400 more expensive that the previous year, and then I have the phoning around to eventually work my way back to what I was paying the previous year.