The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance challenge

tooquicktostop

Brokers not quoting against one another is to do with which underwriter they use. Apparently if they use the same, they can't do a quote. :shrug:

My renewal has just come through. It's a lot cheaper even with a non fault accident added. Sky gave me a decent quote last year, but have today beaten the rest hands down and I've gone with them. Everyone I've dealt with have been great, but I agree, it's a pain shopping around.

Brokers not quoting against one another is to do with which underwriter they use. Apparently if they use the same, they can't do a quote. :shrug:

My renewal has just come through. It's a lot cheaper even with a non fault accident added. Sky gave me a decent quote last year, but have today beaten the rest hands down and I've gone with them. Everyone I've dealt with have been great, but I agree, it's a pain shopping around.

Not sure that's totally true from what i've heard recently

The reason Competition Car Insurance stopped quoting is that the product was designed for cars that a predominantly used for the track not road.

Loads of supra's rung up saying its a track car that is also used on the road and to go to work and naturally the claims went through the roof. If it hasn't been used for what it wasn't designed for it would still be available.

The clue is in the name...

Hope you get yours sorted dean. If you can afford to have it not insured like for like admiral can cater. Failing that, I have a guy that maybe able to help. He is unlikely to be the cheapest but will do the leg work for you - worth every penny IMO

(CCI) Don't do supras for the road anymore

This is a real shame as they were by far the cheapest for me at my last renewal. There's a thread on here somewhere with me raving about how good the real was...

The reason Competition Car Insurance stopped quoting is that the product was designed for cars that a predominantly used for the track not road.

Loads of supra's rung up saying its a track car that is also used on the road and to go to work and naturally the claims went through the roof. If it hasn't been used for what it wasn't designed for it would still be available.

Also I don't really think this is true. They include track day cover (up to 5 per year) in the premium but despite the use of the word 'Competition' in the company name, I think they were always a road car-based insurance company. I certainly made no pretence of owning a 'track car that also gets used on the road a bit' when I spoke to them.

Anyway. Hope it all works out for you Dean and the Supra love doesn't go away. :)

The clue is in the name...

Hope you get yours sorted dean. If you can afford to have it not insured like for like admiral can cater. Failing that, I have a guy that maybe able to help. He is unlikely to be the cheapest but will do the leg work for you - worth every penny IMO

Surprised we've not heard about them if that's the case

• 2 weeks later...
It's just lazy IMO, Sky just like all other insurance companies expect me to ring around and get a better quote I then know all too well they will match it

The issues with this is that my car is so modified most make you go through the whole insurance detail process to tell you they can't insure it or they are only willing to quote based on your current requote details

IT'S BORING and to be honest is putting me off bothering and putting the car up for sale

I have a new business starting in a few months !!

Just read this and agree with you on this. What I tend to do is ring around and get my lowest quote. Then ring up my currently insurer and sure enough they can match it. I then say I don't want it matched I want it beaten. If they won't beat it I then take my business to whoever gave the best quote

Just got off the phone with aviva as I ha two of our cars with them, I declared all my mods for the na-t so they went off to talk to the underwriters. They came back with various stipulations but more importantly wanted to know how much performance increase the intercooler and exhaust had.....even though I also declared a turbo kit that they didn't care about.... These people are fools. More concern on an exhaust that probably gives 15 bhp at the most but the 150 bhp added by the turbo is by the by