The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car wont start

Kaan W

'The Punisher Project Thread' is going to need a web page of it's own soon!

Although, not sure about 'The Punisher' - seems more like 'Glutton For Punishment'!

Seriously though, I hope you get this sorted. It would be nice for you to enjoy the car properly instead of just looking at it :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know I've read this thread a couple of times now and I really cant help but think you may not even be looking at the correct sensor. If its got 120°C stam[ped on it, then I doubt very much if it is the sensor that you think it is. That's more likely to be a switch type sensor that was originally connected to something else and the switching temp is 120°C. If you unplug it, does the temp displayed on the syvecs drop back?

You know I've read this thread a couple of times now and I really cant help but think you may not even be looking at the correct sensor. If its got 120°C stam[ped on it, then I doubt very much if it is the sensor that you think it is. That's more likely to be a switch type sensor that was originally connected to something else and the switching temp is 120°C. If you unplug it, does the temp displayed on the syvecs drop back?

I unplugged the syvecs sensor this morning and also shorted the sensor wires but I still got the 100 degree reading the syvecs display. The 120 degree is the marker which shows the max it has reached previously. I doubt it will be the stock sensor as this has nothing to do with the reading on the syvecs display.

Also EGT temp has stayed on 9000 degrees and oil has stayed on 90 degrees.

Guest Nicholas

Are you sure it's not just the cold start on the syvecs?

You seem like an enthusiast Kaan and you seem to want the ultimate supra, I'd seriously consider speaking to a good garage, getting them to do a complete once over EVERYTHING on the car and see if you can do it with them so you know what to look for when things like this happen. You have a single turbo supra, they need a lot of care and attention to be 100% every time you turn that key.

Are you sure it's not just the cold start on the syvecs?

You seem like an enthusiast Kaan and you seem to want the ultimate supra, I'd seriously consider speaking to a good garage, getting them to do a complete once over EVERYTHING on the car and see if you can do it with them so you know what to look for when things like this happen. You have a single turbo supra, they need a lot of care and attention to be 100% every time you turn that key.

:blink: Does anyone actually read my posts I feel like im constantly repeating myself lol.

Not having a go mate but I keep saying the car is going to Dude at Austec for sorting out and rebuilding ONCE my gearbox is rebuilt. For the time being I thought it would be a good idea to post my problems for anyone that expierences the same thing in the future. I dont care that the car has problems I dont care that I cant drive it, its a project. Im rebuilding a car that when I bought was quite frankly a heap of junk, hence my project thread.

To answer your question I dont think its a syvecs feature as it has never done this before and the gauges shouldnt be displaying what they are. On page 1 of this thread there is a screenshot of the syvecs which clearly indicates something wrong with the coolant temp wiring/sensor.

:blink: Does anyone actually read my posts I feel like im constantly repeating myself lol.

Not having a go mate but I keep saying the car is going to Dude at Austec for sorting out and rebuilding ONCE my gearbox is rebuilt. For the time being I thought it would be a good idea to post my problems for anyone that expierences the same thing in the future. I dont care that the car has problems I dont care that I cant drive it, its a project. Im rebuilding a car that when I bought was quite frankly a heap of junk, hence my project thread.

To answer your question I dont think its a syvecs feature as it has never done this before and the gauges shouldnt be displaying what they are. On page 1 of this thread there is a screenshot of the syvecs which clearly indicates something wrong with the coolant temp wiring/sensor.

In fairness to you - regardless of problems your car is still a vast improvement of what it was :)

I think we've all had a car in our pasts that has been like this. You'll get there

In fairness to you - regardless of problems your car is still a vast improvement of what it was :)

I think we've all had a car in our pasts that has been like this. You'll get there

I know it is and what ive done is a very small percentage of what I have planned. Im happy with the work ive done but its definately not finished ;)

When people keep telling him to get his car looked at when it has a problem?

Thats what I thought but i'll be repeating myself if I say again, I have!

I need to wait to get certain parts repaired before it can be seen. Im writing this now but it dont matter because someone else will reply to this or another thread telling me to get my car looked at. I dont know if its a joke or my posts are not being read but all I can do is repeat myself.

Or when people suggest you stop fiddling about with stuff, or suggests you stop doing a wire tuck, or suggests you stop razzing the nuts off the car when there's a multitude of problems on it.

People are getting really quite bored replying to you and you just ignore their replies and carry on asking the same question and making the same mistakes.

Did you even search for the subject of 'starting problems' or 'car wont idle' and see what has been suggested in the past?

I have asked the mods to look at your posts very closely and shooo them out of the technical section as soon as you stop listening to advice. I have said it before, if you annoy enough of the technical people on the forum they will stop replying to your posts, and believe me you are annoying enough of the technical people on the forum for that to happen.

You have been given so much advice on the forum and ignored every single bit of it. There's stuff in this thread you have chosen to ignore which is extremely relevant to the question. You need to learn to read what has been written and reply to it otherwise your threads get pushed out of the technical section as they have no benefit as you dont actually answer any of the questions or confirm any of the suggestions.

Or when people suggest you stop fiddling about with stuff, or suggests you stop doing a wire tuck, or suggests you stop razzing the nuts off the car when there's a multitude of problems on it.

People are getting really quite bored replying to you and you just ignore their replies and carry on asking the same question and making the same mistakes.

Did you even search for the subject of 'starting problems' or 'car wont idle' and see what has been suggested in the past?

I have asked the mods to look at your posts very closely and shooo them out of the technical section as soon as you stop listening to advice. I have said it before, if you annoy enough of the technical people on the forum they will stop replying to your posts, and believe me you are annoying enough of the technical people on the forum for that to happen.

You have been given so much advice on the forum and ignored every single bit of it. There's stuff in this thread you have chosen to ignore which is extremely relevant to the question. You need to learn to read what has been written and reply to it otherwise your threads get pushed out of the technical section as they have no benefit as you dont actually answer any of the questions or confirm any of the suggestions.

Yes I did search multiple forums first with no luck, thats why I asked here. I must be extremely stupid as I cant find an example where I have ignored peoples advice. People post everyday about problems that have occured with there car and read on a whole lot of things to try, things to test, do that, do this. I dont, I get this!

Do I have to mention it in my sig that the car is being looked at? Or do I just not post about this sort of thing and let someone else that may have the same problem one day post the exact same thing I have?

Much as I enjoy going back through the thread to point out the obvious how about this reply that you ignored?

Its not just me that has noticed it, and when you get comments such as

I would start with what ever YOU have touched recently, and im pritty sure it will be the issue,

Dont be the boy that cries wolf, if you have money then sometimes its best left to the pro'S, I know your eager to learn but you need more basic knowledge imo, buy any car that has a hynes manual a practice ghere first and save a wedge.

then its time to stop and think why this isnt the first time you have heard people suggest its something you have broken.

Much as I enjoy going back through the thread to point out the obvious how about this reply that you ignored?

Its not just me that has noticed it, and when you get comments such as

then its time to stop and think why this isnt the first time you have heard people suggest its something you have broken.

I have no idea what your going on about, and im not being rude. I replied to Shane with what action I perfomed after the advice smithy89 gave yesterday, and also answered Shanes question that no the syvecs display does not drop back when I unplug the sensor.

I havent touched anything on the engine for this to happen so its not my fault, people assuming that I have broken it is there opinion but the fact is, I havent. I bought a car from a member on here that he said it was in A1 mechanical condition, when really he is the one responsible for these problems..

You may not have touched it directly regarding this problem, but you attempted a wire tuck, (not saying you did a bad job) but it could have indirectly caused this problem.

As I said in the PM, after the way you have tinkered with things you have not been 100% on, this will be people's views.

You may not have touched it directly regarding this problem, but you attempted a wire tuck, (not saying you did a bad job) but it could have indirectly caused this problem.

As I said in the PM, after the way you have tinkered with things you have not been 100% on, this will be people's views.

But thats another thing, I didnt even start the wire tuck I unplugged the loom looked at it and thought its more complex than I thought then put it back together again. Then couldnt find my fog lights because the previous owner had wired them up as side lights and also my dash lights were on due to the led rears I have installed again not knowing that was normal so posted about it then people thought I had ruined the loom.

I am not that strong at explaining things from a keyboard and can have a much better conversation in person which is why I probably have this problem of people getting mixed up with my questions.

It would be nice to meet some of you with these views against me in person as you will then see im not the idiot that keeps ignoring people you think I am as im not. Just after advice, opinions and answers to get a knowledge of MY car thats all! I dont wish to take this any further and would be prefured to be contacted via PM in future if there is a problem with one of my threads.