The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My build thread Custom R35 GT-R body-kit to fit on my Supra..!

Brazil

Where's Harold?

Bet he's trying to find a supplier right now.

It may just happen. I really don't want to get involved with this debate again. God forbid me have an opinion..!!

But a GTR is ugly as sin whereas the Supra is beautiful - fact. Even the GTR owners know that....

Harsh. I quite like the look and if they were manual would tick a lot of my boxes. I would not however want to make the natural progression as it seems to be.

Probably not the best thing to post on a Supra owners forum ;)

It is still called that is it? I'll go back to the home page to check.

On a serious note, I did think the Supra was looking a bit dated the other day. May need to cleaning I suppose.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Supra has a timeless design guys..! it will never look dated..! Its a true design master pieace..! I would say the Supra is the better looking car but the GT-R has better street presence mainly because its bigger.

If the GT-R was a good looking as well as have the road presence and performance I would be selling up and moving on to the GT-R but that is not the case!

Anyway I started this thread as a windup...! but its got serious, how bizarre..! hahaha

That is stunning. I do feel that the front is looking a little dated but the rear is the best rear of any car IMO.

The Supra has a timeless design guys..! it will never look dated..! Its a true design master pieace..! I would say the Supra is the better looking car but the GT-R has better street presence mainly because its bigger.

If the GT-R was a good looking as well as have the road presence and performance I would be selling up and moving on to the GT-R but that is not the case!

Anyway I started this thread as a windup...! but its got serious, how bizarre..! hahaha

It's all down opinions Mr Brazil and none of them count for anything in the end.

How is the Supra bigger than a GTR, you are delusional my friend

You've just turned it into yet another 'Supra vs GTR' thread. ;)

In the UK, very few people looking at GTRs would even consider a Supra, and equally those looking at Supras wouldn't consider a GTR.

They're not really comparable, but especially when it comes to looks. The Supra was heavily influenced by European GTs, the GTR is unmistakably a product of Japan. I think a clean, stock body Supra with stock or high end wheels can hold its head high in any company though :cool:

Plus, if you're interested in Supras, you get to be a member of the best community on the Internet :cool:

That is stunning. I do feel that the front is looking a little dated but the rear is the best rear of any car IMO.

I think it's the indicators/sidelights that date the front. A set of Zunsport black grilles and a thin LED strip indicator would help IMO.

It's all down opinions Mr Brazil and none of them count for anything in the end.

You know what they say about opinions :D

- - - Updated - - -

I am delusional, just looked again and I was wrong, not the first or last time, I will get back into my cage :D

Haven't you got a stunning engine bay to be polishing? :D

Ha ha... ''Mr Brazil'' just remembered that..!

Yes, Mr H. you have a valid point about opinion there, even though you are wrong about the Supra being dated..! Get a respray change a few bits and its good as new..!

Supra body kit for the GTR anyone? :sly:

Nic... now you are talking...! that could be a total winner..! If we could make the GTR look like what we wish the MKV Supra look like then we would all jump ship..!

Do you think Toyota would come out with a MKV Supra? Any gossip about it in Japan?

Gotta love these Supra V GTR threads :D

My opinion, the Supra needs nothing on the exterior, it's the body kits that make them look old, a clean/stock body and a nice set of wheels/stance is all they need to look amazing, still one of my favourite cars.

Interior and driving experience makes them feel very old, old age is not a bad thing though.

GTR looks great from the front and side, not so sure about the rear 3/4 angle, can look very boxy in some pictures, driving experience is amazing.

Soon as I find the right house I will build another Supra, I have a plan in my head of what the garage is going to look like, the GTR is going to need a room mate :)

Gotta love these Supra V GTR threads :D

My opinion, the Supra needs nothing on the exterior, it's the body kits that make them look old, a clean/stock body and a nice set of wheels/stance is all they need to look amazing, still one of my favourite cars.

Interior and driving experience makes them feel very old, old age is not a bad thing though.

GTR looks great from the front and side, not so sure about the rear 3/4 angle, can look very boxy in some pictures, driving experience is amazing.

Soon as I find the right house I will build another Supra, I have a plan in my head of what the garage is going to look like, the GTR is going to need a room mate :)

Sweeeeeeeet !!!!

Awesome :cool: Can't wait to see how that develops.

I'm having some planning permission issues with my potential 'dream garage', but hopefully I'll be in a similar position soon.

I am obviously obsessed with tuning the Supra, the way I see it is that the older Supra becomes less daily driver and less the car of choice when taking a short trip when highly modded, the GTR feels like stock just faster when tuned, it still feels like a car you could take the kids swimming etc even at 900 bhp, a 900 bhp Supra is a snarling animal