The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What`s my Supra worth guys?

suprasurrey

I'm just saying if people want the prices to stop dropping then people have to set the prices and stick to them.

I think any car with a serious engine issue would mean a massive drop in the "going rate". A pre faacelift TT auto will go for between £4.5 - 6K depending upon condition. Anything abouve that are you are into VVti Tip territory. I don't think this thread has any affect on Supra prices overall. There will be good condition/rare/poor condision/desparate sellers which makes prices yoyo depending on the time of year and what else is about at the time.

Are you really serious, you can't be

It's a Jap sports car, a common and old one at that, it's also uneconomical and expensive to maintain and dated to look at and drive, I love the Supra but I class myself as a freak in that respect as many many friends don't getting it at all and have a point

I don't think they are "common" per se. Good ones are very rare IMO. I do agree that you are a freak though Dean. Terrible taste in shirts too..!!

Is that all? No Haribo as well:d

Not at that price I'm afraid.

Would you be so kind as to value my car as well H, I will gladly give you 35% of any profits I make that is over my mark. Many thanks.

I think yours is beyond valuation Graham, take that as you will.

H.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying if people want the prices to stop dropping then people have to set the prices and stick to them.

When people are skint, or really want to sell, they don't have the luxury. There's a lot of Supras out there now, and very few buyers.

Sure, stick the car up for £5k, and in 12 months, when it's still there, lower the price.

It's a Jap sports car, a common and old one at that, it's also uneconomical and expensive to maintain and dated to look at and drive, I love the Supra but I class myself as a freak in that respect as many many friends don't getting it at all and have a point

This is Blasphemy this is Madness

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

Yep I was at his place 2 weeks ago for this reason there is little about apparently.

I have also been up and down the country a few times to view various cars and finally considered a gunmetal with tdrs car up for sale but after seeing one in person it simply reinforced that it must be white.

concidering GTRs now sad face

Yep I was at his place 2 weeks ago for this reason there is little about apparently.

I have also been up and down the country a few times to view various cars and finally considered a gunmetal with tdrs car up for sale but after seeing one in person it simply reinforced that it must be white.

concidering GTRs now sad face

Get it plasti dipped white :)

It's also very true.

Look at the amount that are for sale.

Their is more GTR's for sale than Supra's ;)

I hardly ever see one on the road, it's nice to meet up with a bunch of lads or old & new friends & don't turn up in the same type of car! :D

I don't think there are a lot of Supra's about or for sale really but there are definitely very very few buyers and so why buy a semi broken one? it will have to be cheap to tempt someone in hence the low but realistic appraisals above.

We are seeing a definite shift where lots of the previously staunch supporters of the marque have/are/are considering moving on, and when that happens to a niche/relatively low numbers model there isn't going to be the numbers of people around to fill their shoes. They are all looking at other cars tbh, I've found myself looking at whats available from 4-10K and it's not hard to see why a Supra is way down on the list for the average person.

Thanks for all the input guys. I need to find another Supra before getting rid of this one:D I think selling as is would be my best option, as I don`t really want to break it for parts and spending £3000 for someone to fix it wouldn`t get me any more cash. The only other option would be to advertise it elsewhere and keep quiet about the problem:innocent: I can`t really do this as it just doesn`t sit right with me. I`d hate to see a newbie post up a thread about being duped.

If you want a facelift in a particular colour you'll have a wait, the gunmetals/quicksilvers do seem to be more common as opposed to white/red/black possible because they were new colours back in 1996/7? I can't even think of a white vvti member off the top of my head.