The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wrapping the supra

TT Paul

which colour  

43 members have voted

1. 1. which colour

I'm going to use PW Pro, a little bit of a drive but I think they are the best in the game, you can hire a car over the road for a £100 for the week I hear.

http://www.pwpro.co.uk/cars/vinyl-wrapping

A friend of mine has just undergone their vehicle wrapping training course. He runs his own detailing company at present (Midlands Car Care) and cannot praise up PW Pro enough. Their attention to detail seems to be second to none.

A friend of mine has just undergone their vehicle wrapping training course. He runs his own detailing company at present (Midlands Car Care) and cannot praise up PW Pro enough. Their attention to detail seems to be second to none.

From what I've seen they are the best out there, £1400 including vat for the GTR.

I think this is a better option than a full respray; I would like to keep the standard gloss black look but would it look like a vinyl upclose; I see 3M have an option

but all the cars seem to have matt wraps, I have yet to see a full wrap in a gloss black.

What are the options if you have a stone chip , paint defects ; this will show through the wrap or how do you prevent this?

Washing your car I heard to use washing up liquid (detergent), can you get swirl marks in the wrap?

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any problems with the wrap on the bonnet with regards to heating up? I saw someone asked but I didn't see an answer.

Tempted to do this myself with the new supra but really unsure as to what colour. Black, white or a really nice royal or candy blue with black parts.

Thats very expensive. I had mine wrapped but it was a shoddy wrap from a "first time" wrapper.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299619_10152420766180261_236021544_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/625565_10151976297650618_999491673_n.jpg

Theres people round my area that im considering have re-wrap mine as ive seen there work and i think its top quality they've quoted me £1300 for a re-wrap and fitting a new front bumper and quite some work ill message him see if he does it for public or just mates.

Cheapest option I guess is plasti-dip. It looks pretty flawless..

I'm going to look into this, seems a great option.

I'm even thinking of using it on the company car so I don't have a problem later on, be nice to see my bosses face thinking I'd resprayed a bunch of parts!