The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just been crashed into (pics)

kokoro

No way 50/50, he's driven into your side.....screw him .........oops, I mean take him for what you can..;) . How more visible do you need to be ? He's driven into the biggest bit of the car ????? If he'd have been looking out of his front window he'd have seen you because you were there !!!!

I'm angry for you, get another door and bit of filler/paint and your away :D

Edited by trebor69
spelling (see edit history)

Sorry to hear this :( glad you're ok! I think I'd have killed the bloke tbh and would be in prison as we speak. What a absolute crap driver. Must have found his licence in a crisp packet...

In terms of the insurance they will be looking at prices that are more than what you could get it done for and will write it off. You could buy it back off them and repair it though like others have said :)

Sorry to hear this :( glad you're ok! I think I'd have killed the bloke tbh and would be in prison as we speak. What a absolute crap driver. Must have found his licence in a crisp packet...

In terms of the insurance they will be looking at prices that are more than what you could get it done for and will write it off. You could buy it back off them and repair it though like others have said :)

This is what I'm thinking. If they do decide to write it off then I will definitely look to buy it back and sort it myself. I was absolutely gutted when it happened. My friend kept saying, "Are you alright?" and all I could reply is, "My car! My car! What if they write it off?" I'd not even got it out of the junction or seen the damage!

I think this is the worst thing about driving these sorts of cars. You're always so worried that one stupid driver could crush your dream.

Just been for a quote on the work. It's looking like a new door and a fix on the rest. Price isn't too bad (considering) and the paintshop said they'll help anyway they can. I'm going through the third party insurer as he admitted full liability. If the assessors deem the price too expensive and send someone to check my car, the paintshop said they want the check to be at their place and they'll argue the point for me.

It seems the cheapest and quickest option is for me to source my own door, though the paintshop will pay as part of the insurance settlement (if insurance agree on repairs). Therefore I will probably looking for one on here...... hint hint ;)

Ive got a door that colour !!!!:innocent:

As above - how much do you want for it?

Are you guys kidding about a write off?! That has to be the most fortunate crash ever, it's pretty much just the door and a little light spraying needed elsewhere, none of the back end or anything is damaged. New door for about 80 quid if you can get one in the same colour then just get the paint tidied whenever. Personally if you like the car I wouldn't go through insurance for what it would cost (and loss of no claims). Hope you get it fixed.

Just been for a quote on the work. It's looking like a new door and a fix on the rest. Price isn't too bad (considering) and the paintshop said they'll help anyway they can. I'm going through the third party insurer as he admitted full liability. If the assessors deem the price too expensive and send someone to check my car, the paintshop said they want the check to be at their place and they'll argue the point for me.

It seems the cheapest and quickest option is for me to source my own door, though the paintshop will pay as part of the insurance settlement (if insurance agree on repairs). Therefore I will probably looking for one on here...... hint hint ;)

As above - how much do you want for it?

£50 + post dude, theres 2 shades of that colour both very different but it saves painting shuts etc and it will have a few marks wheer its been moved.

Writing it off depends on how the other parties insurance value the car, they could

say as far as their concerned its only worth £1k and then its got a chance of

them not wanting to repair it.

If they pay out on it then the cars now a cat D and you will have to disclose

you've been in accident on your insurance renewals for the next 5 yrs

Writing it off depends on how the other parties insurance value the car, they could

say as far as their concerned its only worth £1k and then its got a chance of

them not wanting to repair it.

If they pay out on it then the cars now a cat D and you will have to disclose

you've been in accident on your insurance renewals for the next 5 yrs

If they repair it Dunk its not a cat anything but I know what you mean, they will let him use a secondhand door so repairs should be well under £500

If they repair it Dunk its not a cat anything but I know what you mean, they will let him use a secondhand door so repairs should be well under £500

Yes i meant if they refuse to repair it as they value it at a lot less than most of us

on here think their worth then its not so straight forward but hopefully they

will agree to the use of a second hand door then it should be fine but who knows

with ins comps, the stuff i see in salvage yards written off for bugger all damage is scary

Yes i meant if they refuse to repair it as they value it at a lot less than most of us

will agree to the use of a second hand door then it should be fine but who knows

with ins comps, the stuff i see in salvage yards written off for bugger all damage is scary

Cant work em out , a guy on the RR forum just had the roof on his 11 or 12 plate rangey sliced off by a forklift (driven by his son) and they are repairing it !!! He is selling it or p/exing when he gets it back.

Agreed, it just depends how much you fight your corner. My friend is going through insurance at the moment because a neighbours car rolled into the front of his supra (copy do-luck front), he had the damage assessed at £1900, I have no idea why, he has been given a new Porsche boxster as a replacement car while his is in the shop (many hairdresser jokes ensued). Luckily he argued the cars worth and he is laughing!

Agreed, it just depends how much you fight your corner. My friend is going through insurance at the moment because a neighbours car rolled into the front of his supra (copy do-luck front), he had the damage assessed at £1900, I have no idea why, he has been given a new Porsche boxster as a replacement car while his is in the shop (many hairdresser jokes ensued). Luckily he argued the cars worth and he is laughing!

He told me you keep asking to borrow the Boxster:taped: