The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Great Deal from Sky Insurance RZ-TT

Guest Luder

Just switched from Adrian Flux to Sky Insurance as they were able to beat Adrian Flux by a big amount!

Renewal from Adrian Flux - £1225 (which had a mileage limitation of 1500!), Sky Insurance Premium - £900 (£450 Excess, 5000 miles a year)

Supra RZ-TT, Full body kit, 18" Alloy Wheels, Full BPU (400BHP), FMIC, HKS SSQV Dump Valve, Full Trust Exhaust system and K&N Filter.

Female driver, 2 years no claims (would be more but I lapsed my old insurance and lost them) No penalty points, full clean licence.

I would recommend giving Sky a go, speak to Luke he will sort you out and real friendly service! :)

Nice one Sky!! :D

That's not too expensive really.

Plus the op never mentioned her age :)

It is in my book but as said already 2 important factors are missing so how can we

judge if its expensive or not as far as the op's concerned

If shes 50 years old in in a low risk postcode its expensive, if shes 25

and in high risk postcode its not so bad

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Sky let me down this year, was more expensive than a few others and that was quoting them on TPFT whereas everyone else was done on fully comp.... the worst bit was i had a cheaper quote given with the exact same details i had with sky and i tried to use thier GURANTEED price match... needless to say that guarantee is a LIE. i liked sky but after false advertising im not impressed.

I would recommend giving Sky a go, speak to Luke he will sort you out and real friendly service! :)

Thanks for the feedback, I have passed this on to both of our Lukes in the office as I am not sure which one you dealt with.

If you have any queries throughout your policy, please feel free to PM us.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Tel: 03303 331250

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

Sky let me down this year, was more expensive than a few others and that was quoting them on TPFT whereas everyone else was done on fully comp.... the worst bit was i had a cheaper quote given with the exact same details i had with sky and i tried to use thier GURANTEED price match... needless to say that guarantee is a LIE. i liked sky but after false advertising im not impressed.

Third party is often more expensive than fully comp in these situations. It implies more risk, since you're not willing to insure the car properly why would you look after it properly?

Hi,

happy to shed some light non this, I'll just need a PM with your details. The price match refers to like for like policies, the common issue is that often the cheaper policies are not on a like for like basis.

Thanks

Third party is often more expensive than fully comp in these situations. It implies more risk, since you're not willing to insure the car properly why would you look after it properly?

sorry i explained that badly, tbh the fully comp bit was irrelevent...

i had a quote from elephant with the exact same details as i did with sky, WITH TPFT and it was over £300 cheaper, sky said they could do a price match (both on thier adverts, website and by thier staff on the phone) but when i got the quote confirmed by elephant over the phone, sky then said they couldnt do it! how can you advertise a GUARANTEED PRICE MATCH when it DOES NOT EXIST.... think that is really bad tbh. false advertising.

Hi,

happy to shed some light non this, I'll just need a PM with your details. The price match refers to like for like policies, the common issue is that often the cheaper policies are not on a like for like basis.

Thanks

It was like for like, i confirmed it with several people over the phone but was told that it could not be price matched and you couldnt go that low.. it doesnt matter now as iv changed and its not the fact i dont like Sky insurance, the thing i dont like is offers made by companies that cannot be upheld.

nothing against you personally, i just think that your advertisements for price match should be removed from your website etc.

i had a quote from elephant with the exact same details as i did with sky, WITH TPFT and it was over £300 cheaper, sky said they could do a price match (both on thier adverts, website and by thier staff on the phone) but when i got the quote confirmed by elephant over the phone, sky then said they couldnt do it! how can you advertise a GUARANTEED PRICE MATCH when it DOES NOT EXIST.... think that is really bad tbh. false advertising.

I don't think it is, but then I understand the insurance market. In fact I've written several features and news articles on it for national news publications. I understand about risk and what's involved, and why no insurance company is going to want to quote you on TPF&T for a car like a modified Supra :)

Hi,

feel free to read your renewal letter again, the text you need is under the signature in red ink.

We use the price match guarantee on a daily basis but not every policy will be matched. The guarantee is subject to underwriter's acceptance and minimum premiums.

Thanks

Female driver, 2 years no claims (would be more but I lapsed my old insurance and lost them) No penalty points, full clean licence.

I take it you weren't driving a privately insured car for longer than two years and this is why your NCD lapsed?

FYI, I'm the same age living in Aberdeen with a GZ-TT and pay less than half that amount. Although this is probably down to the seven years NCD that I have.

Sound like you got a good deal you are happy with(considering age, NCD, modifications etc) especially compared to the flux quote which I definitely wouldn't pay to only be able to drive 1500miles a year. :blink:

I don't think it is, but then I understand the insurance market. In fact I've written several features and news articles on it for national news publications. I understand about risk and what's involved, and why no insurance company is going to want to quote you on TPF&T for a car like a modified Supra :)

Sky happily insured TPFT on my previous supra and would have quoted me on my current one TPFT so that comment is inncorrect (no offence intended), this quote im mentioning now is actually for a celica ;)

my point is a gurantee is a gurantee.... not subject to anything. the term guarantee means we will do it. end of.

Just switched from Adrian Flux to Sky Insurance as they were able to beat Adrian Flux by a big amount!

Renewal from Adrian Flux - £1225 (which had a mileage limitation of 1500!), Sky Insurance Premium - £900 (£450 Excess, 5000 miles a year)

Supra RZ-TT, Full body kit, 18" Alloy Wheels, Full BPU (400BHP), FMIC, HKS SSQV Dump Valve, Full Trust Exhaust system and K&N Filter.

+1 for sky insurance. Spoke to Luke (sound bloke). Was paying £800 TPFT with Adrian flux last year wanted fully comp this year. Was going to be £1150 with them for my N/A. Paying £750 with sky. Saved £400 so going to put that into giving her a good service :D