The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Selling top end Supra's

Kaan W

. You can get a DB7 for a little over 10k now but I wouldn't be seen dead in 1.

The DB7 is generally acknowledged as being one of the best looking cars of all time.

It may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but there's very little I'd rather be 'seen in'. An early i6 car is the epitome of modern understated elegance IMO.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The DB7 is generally acknowledged as being one of the best looking cars of all time.

It may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but there's very little I'd rather be 'seen in'. An early i6 car is the epitome of modern understated elegance IMO.

Which is my point, it's all a matter of taste.

jeez all Im saying is it is just to small a market now for these types of cars. Would any of you buy a 25k supra now a days?

If I could afford it I'd have that car in an instant... I like M3s but a supra is in another league and porches are beatles... Fugly things... I also believe that most rich people even if they like supras are more worried about their appearance which is why they buy brand new supercars rather than a 20 year old motor... Even if it is the best thing since the horse and cart :D

No but we would throw £25k at them :D, Jay could have any car he wants but he is building a knockout supra! they cant be that dated.

Right on the money. You can part a supra next to a modern car with all the toys and it will get just as much or more attention. They never look out of place even parked next to the best of them.

jeez all Im saying is it is just to small a market now for these types of cars. Would any of you buy a 25k supra now a days?

Of course I would, unless you know of any other reliable 1000bhp car?!

none left, they all sold ;)

Strange that ;)

No but we would throw £25k at them :D, Jay could have any car he wants but he is building a knockout supra! they cant be that dated.

Yeah but Jay only has a Ferrari 430 Scuderia & Porsche 911 GT2, they are boring cars hence why he said he needs something more 'better' :D

Depends on the car, you would have trouble selling yours abroad as it use to be a NA, Rob will have the same issue, they can't register NA cars that have been turbocharged in a lot of Europe.

I think our French friends have found a way around that. (seems odd to me that many French Supras are still on UK plates :D )

I think our French friends have found a way around that. (seems odd to me that many French Supras are still on UK plates :D )

That was a different issue for France iirc, they could not register imports, (nothing to do with the Na-t thing) UK cars was fine, now they are getting older maybe they come under another rule.

Depends on the car, you would have trouble selling yours abroad as it use to be a NA, Rob will have the same issue, they can't register NA cars that have been turbocharged in a lot of Europe.

I would break mine.. as no one would look after it like i do and that would annoy me.... worth more in parts anyway, sad but true

all a matter of taste, if someone wants a car to go around thrashing everybody els why would you not buy a 25k supra. if having the fasters car is not that impotant to you then an old toyota is probably not going to be what youl spend your hard erned on.

me personally for 25k, alloy bodied xkr. 500bhp so all the power id ever need for a road car. looks pure class and is a dream to drive

I asked if you would buy a 25k supra. You said thats the plan so I look forward to seeing it when you do.

On another note your current supra is the inspiration for me wanting one now.

Ah I thought you meant wait and see incase I changed my mind and wanted a porche or M3 lol, never gunno happen! This year I was going to spend a load of cash on the car getting it on its way to how I want it but then figured, why not just sell mine and save what I was gunno spend this year on probably pointless upgrades and have enough to buy a pretty decent supra with the bulk of work already done. Seems the logical method.. Not saying I will buy any of the above btw.

Thanks also :thumbs: Dont get me wrong I love my current car, but I cant justify keeping it when there is far better out there.

nice supras will always sell..

but prices have come down for the big BHP stuff, however we now have deposit from UK customer wanting a MINT grey supra for 15/16k otr (must be near stock and 1998 plus)..

so customers are there who want SUPRA only UK and EU.

most of our supras are bpu or stock from £8500-13k and sell within weeks of arriving (these are the best selling supras)..

The european guys will pay more for them as they hate rust under the car..

as for french they can now register supras legally JDM or UK spec (uk one being easier).

But cars like wayne etc are difficult to sell in EU if Non original as they government wont sanction it, but some will buy for show use or track and wont be interested in registering it.

as the saying goes there is a bum for every seat.

Probably being extremely dumb but briefly what was the deal with Envy? A few times I have seen them mentioned and a undertone of "bad past" seems to arise.

Nice UGP put down Hodge :D

As some of the others stated above if you want it buy it if you don't don't, Jamie,Rob Mitchell,Ibrar, Hodge,Jamesy, Jurgen to name a few have spanked god knows how many £££'s on cars past and present on upgrades which is money they probably wont see again but simply that is just the fun of it to have an awesome/well respected motor rather than us all driving mundane everyday cars..... Plus it lets the rest of us have a nose at them at shows/youtube and get ideas for ourselves and gives the forum a bit of a buzz too when something like Jay's car is being constructed atm... speaking of which what the hell does he do to have them toys :D