The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD Diesel REMAPPING services - Details, Prices and Discounts!!

Jamesy

Looks like i could be getting a 55 plate 3.0TDi D-4D, i'm guessing its a no go same as the earlier

2001 D-4D i had ?

I bought the 55 plate so wondered is it a go or no go to re map it ? it goes well enough but better fuel mpg

would be good if nothing else

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Landcruiser?

Cant do that one needs a module

When you say module i guess you mean these little boxes that plug into the common rail

and control the injectors.

They all seem to talk them up to giving amazing gains but vary massively in price, are they really

any good or is that the big unknown as i cant find any answers on the net.

Looking at a 2006 Navara King cab on Saturday can you do these?

If so what kind of price?

Didn't see an answer for my query :shrug:

I bought an 2007 Nissan Pathfinder in the end (which is basically the same car) and since then found out from someone else that you cant do these cars.

I was a little disappointed you didn't feel the need to tell me that you cant do the car and just ignored my query.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Sorry just missed it :(

It can be done but its a locked ecu so needs doing out of the car on a bench tool.

I don't have the tool but can get it done

+35hp

+60nm torque

£375

Didn't see an answer for my query :shrug:

I bought an 2007 Nissan Pathfinder in the end (which is basically the same car) and since then found out from someone else that you cant do these cars.

I was a little disappointed you didn't feel the need to tell me that you cant do the car and just ignored my query.

When you say module i guess you mean these little boxes that plug into the common rail

and control the injectors.

They all seem to talk them up to giving amazing gains but vary massively in price, are they really

any good or is that the big unknown as i cant find any answers on the net.

Yes a preprogrammed box, there are few companies offering solutions.

The company I deal with are expensive but I find you get the back up and support to go with it.

They quote £700!

***********************************************************************************************************************

Hi guys

To keep this thread easy to maintain and clean i think its best to put a range of improvements across the board for SRD diesel remaps.... depending on the exact model you will be benefiting from:

* 30-50 bhp increase

* 60-90 nm torque increase

* 10-20% improved MPG

:)

***********************************************************************************************************************

Sorry just missed it :(

It can be done but its a locked ecu so needs doing out of the car on a bench tool.

I don't have the tool but can get it done

+35hp

+60nm torque

£375

That sounds reasonable, I will have a think if thats OK.

I am toying with the idea of using the DTE Systems unit but put off a bit on the price side of things.

Is your upgrade a permanent change or can it be reverted back at a later date?

That sounds reasonable, I will have a think if thats OK.

I am toying with the idea of using the DTE Systems unit but put off a bit on the price side of things.

Is your upgrade a permanent change or can it be reverted back at a later date?

It can be put back to stock

• 5 months later...

I went over to SRD this morning for a remap on my navara, it's the 3.0L V6 one. 231bhp and 406ftlb as stock, remap gave it approx 270bhp and 470ftlb.

65 miles from my door, so I thought I'd test the mpg, on the way there I reset the mpg and averaged 31.6mph cruising at 70-80mph, after the remap I reset it again and on the same drive back I did 36.1mpg so was well happy with that.

Throttle response is loads better an all, picks up much quicker now and feels faster, goes well considering it weighs 2.5 ton.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)