The mkiv Supra Owners Club

James Millers SRD PT6262 8 Speed Build

Lee P

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the prices ever get released for this kit Lee?

Not yet as waiting for syvecs to release a firmware update.

Once we know if we can use just the syvecs to run the gearbox then we will know costings.

I have two gearboxes here in stock though ready for the first ones once it's all confirmed.

Not yet as waiting for syvecs to release a firmware update.

Once we know if we can use just the syvecs to run the gearbox then we will know costings.

I have two gearboxes here in stock though ready for the first ones once it's all confirmed.

Are these gearboxes brand new? Or second hand, as I have been keeping an eye for some, but they seem to be pretty rare.

Are they difficult to come by? What sort of money are they second hand ?

Around £1500 second hand.

Not that many around unfortunately but we didn't ever expect this to be selling in big numbers

The good this with this box is its bullet proof, changes gear very fast up and down and requires no modification to run big power, we expect 1000hp capabilities

Around £1500 second hand.

Not that many around unfortunately but we didn't ever expect this to be selling in big numbers

The good this with this box is its bullet proof, changes gear very fast up and down and requires no modification to run big power, we expect 1000hp capabilities

I think you may have underestimated the interest in such a setup given that it can take 1000hp. For me this would be a much better investment than a built auto box and there's always demand for those.

What's led you to believe the box will be capable of 1000bhp Lee? Awesome if you're correct, i'd much prefer a fast auto/tiptronic like this to a 6 speed.

Ryan has done some work in Dubia with the earlier 6 speed box and been running 700hp with no issues.

This box has increased clamping force of 25% over the previous version.

Its used in a couple of other cars in the USA that run a lot of torque from stock as well and they have been pushing it quite far

Does this mean a lower priced version will be offered with the 6 speed? :)

I have thought about this tbh although being a different box designed to go on a different engine, we would have to redesign the whole kit

The 6 speed came on the 3UZ-FE

I've been tempted to drop a whole engine and box in a supra

Would be a good car with a VVTI V8 and 6 speed flappy paddle :)

I have thought about this tbh although being a different box designed to go on a different engine, we would have to redesign the whole kit

The 6 speed came on the 3UZ-FE

I've been tempted to drop a whole engine and box in a supra

Would be a good car with a VVTI V8 and 6 speed flappy paddle :)

stop!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 95supramk4
What's led you to believe the box will be capable of 1000bhp Lee? Awesome if you're correct, i'd much prefer a fast auto/tiptronic like this to a 6 speed.

Very interesting. I have a na supra and is thinking about going na t. But im still deciding if I should keep it auto or convert it to manual. I do like the thought of having a 8 speed transmission with paddle shift on my car.

• 4 months later...
Quick question Lee, what is the 6 speed box that bolts up to the 3UZ-FE, could be an option for my build over my v160?

that box is the A761E, it can be used yes

I have done some research with Ryan and we have already done a pin out for the 3UZ with the 6 speed box

I am currently getting some patch harnesses underway as well for it

• 1 month later...