How to devalue a Supra!

David P

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suppose my 19's massively devalue my car then, Oh well i'd better put them on gumtree for 50p quick or i'll lose even more money!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=162300&stc=1&d=1356791165

Were all different, the intent of the thread is to air this.

19"+ wheels and rubber-band tyres on a Supra make my fillings fall out and very expensive to renew suspension components don't like them either.

Were all different, the intent of the thread is to air this.

19"+ wheels and rubber-band tyres on a Supra make my fillings fall out and very expensive to renew suspension components don't like them either.

What, like these rubber bands:?

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=162301&d=1356791797

IMAG0256.jpg

That's smart :). Drivers door needs shifting backwards a tad?

Come to think of it, Ibrar's car must be worth feck all!

Edited by ugp (see edit history)

now im getting old i dont like lowered suspention/coilovers/very loud exhausts and big wheels. but in my opinion it doesnt devalue the car. they are easy enough to take off and change with cheeper stock parts, smaller whels and quieter items. then i can sell the flashy bits and spend the difference on bits i want for the car :p.

Thats what i did for my new one. sold the coilovers and exhaust and baught a diffuser. an interior and a few engine bits :)

Tribal decals ( well any decals tbf!) fake chrome strips on ANY grill, wheels don't tend to bother me as I usually swap them anyway!

Tints the same colour as the car other than black looks horrendous in my opinion to, and an aftermarket rev gauge, WTF is wrong with the one in the dash?!

End of the day, like it or not these are old cars now and are never going to be worth a lot in the general marketplace. There will always be exceptions where a highly modified car may attract a certain sort of punter, but these instances I fear are minimal. Look how long it took for Thor to sell their first V8, and then look also at how many superb modified cars have been broken and sold for parts of late. Most stock TT supras are now flogging for for Fiesta/Mondeo money and stock NAs selling for the same as cars in the last chance saloon bracket. You can pay as more for a clapped out transit builder's van than you can for a stock NA. So imo, unless the mod, whatever it is, is of particular interest and taste of a potential buyer, its likely to make the car less sellable.

Cars like Ibrar's and Jamie's old black beast cost a fortune, but it takes a certain rare type of punter who would be prepared to pay out the car's true value. Even cars like Jamesy's Do-luck with a pedigree and a bit of Supra history is only going to be of interest to real supra fanatics or a collector, and there's not too many of them about.

Like bonnets with blended in humps?:D

I haven't claimed not guilty. :shrug:

A couple of day's work could return mine to stock components, but a stock N/A auto is almost worthless anyway.

Fact is, any change from stock will put someone off, some changes put more someone's off than others.

The 'idea' is to expose the greater grimaces.

Exactly, just like insurance there are many factors that go into selling such as time,place,buy,car,mods,fuel prices,insurance prices it all just comes down to luck. Either way we have all spent money on our cars which might of been good or bad and you may either regret it or like it, everyone's different so what I like someone else wont and vice versa and frankly if you like it/paid for it then frankly that's all that matters.

As said in a different thread the car is only worth what someone else will pay for it and how long the seller can afford to be patient and really that's about all there is too it.

Exactly, just like insurance there are many factors that go into selling such as time,place,buy,car,mods,fuel prices,insurance prices it all just comes down to luck. Either way we have all spent money on our cars which might of been good or bad and you may either regret it or like it, everyone's different so what I like someone else wont and vice versa and frankly if you like it/paid for it then frankly that's all that matters.

As said in a different thread the car is only worth what someone else will pay for it and how long the seller can afford to be patient and really that's about all there is too it.

Somebody swallowed a sensible pill!

Its a pointless thread to gather "opinions". Everyone is different. When I was looking to buy a supra there were plently of £10k stock tt6 around but I was quite happy spending the money on one with plenty of mods, bodykit, single upgrade, gauges etc. I probably would have sold it by now if I bought a stock one because its boring imo, I like to have fun in my cars not keep them locked away hoping that one day it will be a collectors item and be worth a few grand more.

Cheap tyres

Evidence of a respray (if done right you shouldn't be able to tell)

Bodykits

Lack of service history

Mix of miles and km if not documented

Oil leaks, knocking sounds

These are not really "improvments" tho?