The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The quickest 1/4 Supra launch ever!?

Chris Bailey

2 step is a combo of launch control and anti lag. You floor the car and the ECU will only rev to a pre programmed limit say 4.5k. It then cut spark to the cylinders and squirts extra fuel in which ignited inside the hot manifold and pre-spools the turbo on the line. If used all the time it will destroy your turbo yes.

Sounds very cool aswell :cool: Is there any advantage to using 2step or is it more for show purposes?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 step is a combo of launch control and anti lag. You floor the car and the ECU will only rev to a pre programmed limit say 4.5k. It then cut spark to the cylinders and squirts extra fuel in which ignited inside the hot manifold and pre-spools the turbo on the line. If used all the time it will destroy your turbo yes.

as cool as that is, i'd rather launch the old fashioned way and not destroy my turbos!

Sounds very cool aswell :cool: Is there any advantage to using 2step or is it more for show purposes?

Yes, it was developed specifically for drag racing so bigger turbo'd cars can achieve positive boost before they leave the line. I'm no expert on it, but this is just my understanding of it. 1 of the forum drag racers will give you a better insight.

Yes, it was developed specifically for drag racing so bigger turbo'd cars can achieve positive boost before they leave the line. I'm no expert on it, but this is just my understanding of it. 1 of the forum drag racers will give you a better insight.

You still have a better understanding than most - Thats helped me understand it more now :) Cheers Hodge!

Launch control and anti-lag are different things, which can be used alongside one another but serve different purposes. The 'two-step' launch control systems are just another rev limiter used only in first gear. They're meant for getting perfect starts, but obviously that depends on the conditions. Anti-lag is a system which keeps the turbo spinning when not on throttle by injecting extra fuel, meaning you don't have to spool it up again.

The Syvecs can do both functions, but both will kill your turbo eventually.

Basically Antilag.

Not actually anti lag at all and both will destroy a turbo and manifold in short time, if you wabtr to run a 2 step and especially anti lag you need an Inconel exhaust wheel.

Also in the second video clip on page 1 did anyone notice the black sup getting its arse handed to it by a mustang, just made me think about the ae you glad you dont own a mustang thread LOL