The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got myself a supra :)

TBDevelopments

Yeh a 275 would be perfect on an 10" rim or 11" rim, it depends on the look you want. With a 10" you would have to run a higher offset to get the tyre under the arch as it would have a flat side wall, whereas on an 11" rim you could have the rim to the edge of the arch as the sidewall wold be slightly tweaked.

A 9" rim would work on the front, but the same would apply to the tyres as the rear. 235 low offset (i.e ET20) 245 higher offset (ET35)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the kind of fit and finish i wanted. White one white, but staying OEM kitted (that one is almost that anyway) Clean but has a JDM road-racer look about it with the concaved te37's on the rear

Appears to be stock body without arch mods. Trying to do internet searches now to see if i can find better pictures and specs

Tim

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?279455-Shutterspeed-s-Side-Project-TT-Supra&highlight=18x10+rota - this has some aggressive wheels in it.

If you want to optimise the tyre width then you need to measure how much space you have behind your wheels an then using the calculator work out the widest wheels with you can fit.

I think that 18x9 et35 Front and 18x10 ET35 Rear will suit you, but with some calculations you may be able to run more width on the back

the 37's are getting hard to find now in the right offset as well.

They will have to have an aggressive offset on the rear to look right as well, plus none of this fake stuff either

Tim

Volk TE37 would be my wheels of choice as you say difficult to find second hand ones though.

The Japanese company Weds Sport http://wedssport.jp/index.html do some very good quality wheels and the prices are not too daft, Geo had Wed Sport black chrome SA-70 wheels on his old black Supra, see HERE, I had the bronze SA-70's on my mine, pics in my garage HERE.

Very nice buy there mate :thumbs:

On the wheels side of things I'll suggest Advan RS will be fitting 295's on the rear but currently have this setup:

Front - 18x9 245/35 et 35

Rear - 18x10 285/35 et 35

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319043_10151390210470116_826955699_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395117_10151425955360116_2000922727_n.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/68428_10151390211390116_853190568_n.jpg

those wedsports are nice, just don't want to follow the crowd.

This is all future things anyway need to get it on the road, sort a few little tweeks and get the racelogic fitted thats been sat in stock waiting for this supra to arrive lol. Want to build myself a nice air intake kit as well. I know the airbox is perfect for the power i'm at but i do like the sound of the turbos spooling away :)

Tim

Well the joys of ownership seem to be starting early with this car, bought the lowest mileage one I could find not to have to many issues, anyway going up to see a friend of mine in hospital, cruising along at 40mph suddenly I get a huge cloud of smoke out the back and pissing out the bonnet, quick glance at temp gauge and its off the scale :( , so neutral and pull over instantly and shut it down. opened the bonnet to find this (pictured below). Not sure if the supra is common for the radiator getting brittle but when the silicone top hose was fitted before I purchased the car the jubilee clip had over stressed the plastic and the pipe had snapped off after the clip, and the top pipe just fell away completely emptying all the coolant on the floor and bay. Hopefully it hasn't caused any damage but I managed to re-secure it to the tiny bit of pipe remaining, got a friend to bring me some for-life red from the workshop and filled it back up. Bleed the system on the side of the road and babied it home, gauge was sat at 1/2 like normal all the way back so fingers crossed. No more steam or smoke just a horrible smell of burning coolant from where its been sprayed all over the hot stuff in the bay.

Anyway I've ordered a new one so while the car was sat in the workshop waiting for the bits to arrive I thought I'd get the steering wheel sorted and do all the other jobs I've been meaning to sort since I purchased the car last week. I've never got on with big steering wheels so going to fit the same Momo wheel I have fitted to all my other Toyota, a 320mm Momo Tuner. Just a nice subtle black on black leather number. Nice in the hand without being to boy racer.

Got this far and then found Airbag setups and momo boss's seem to be a pain so going to have to play around to get it fitting and working correctly. Toyota wanted to be awkward as well with the stock wheel and make the size so that my normal pullers didn't want to work, so had to make up something makeshift.

Tim :)

Hello Tim. Nice Supra you've managed to source there! :)

And although I admit to being somewhat biased, I agree with Matt - this stance is the PERFECT one on a Supra :D :

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=2168 - this car is exactly what you want ( i think )

18x10 et35 rear with 285 tyre & 18x9 ET30Front with 255 tyre

These rads to become brittle but not to that extent. They usually go at the front of the plastic and crack along the seam.

Also :yeahthat:

Exactly what happened to me. Get a nice shiny uprated alloy replacement! And so it begins... :devil:

You e been very lucky there with the rad pipe. I've seen head gaskets cooked very quickly when the temp goes off the scale These rads to become brittle but not to that extent. They usually go at the front of the plastic and crack along the seam.

well lets hope its ok once it fixed and i start seeing boost again will be the test. Hogde does the supra have a metal head gasket as standard like the later 3sgte engines or the weaker organic type material?

Tim

While I'm waiting for the alloy radiator to arrive I thought I'd sort the interior out, few bulbs gone, and although I like me shouted at in a foreign language every time i start the car I'm afraid she had to go for something I can actually use. Didn't think it would take me long to get this ripped apart. Got to say I'm enjoying it, everything feels new again as I've done pretty much every other Toyota now its nice to feel like a big kid again figuring out how everything comes apart.

All I can say is what a rats nest this lot was just for the aftermarket, radio/satnav etc etc

Seems I have tripped the stock Toyota alarm system as well somehow, dash lights up fine but nothing on the 3rd key position for the starter, not even a relay click. Does feel like an immobiliser but wasn't aware this car even had an alarm yet, But after a bit of research appears there's a factory door key unit, possibly tripped it with taking things apart and battery on and off with the doors open. Apparently just put it back together and lock/unlock the door with the key to set it but will find out tomorrow. Only discovered this while locking up the workshop so didn't get any time to look into it further.

Also been playing around with a couple of Steering wheel boss's I had kicking around after it became clear there was no way to use the Momo unit on the airbag slip-ring setup without it looking bodged. By cannibalising 2 of them and using the bottom from 1 for the cancellation pin locations and Top from another for the Momo bolt pattern I have created a boss that will work with the factory airbag slip ring. So refitted it back to standard, minus the airbag. Just got to alloy weld the boss's together tomorrow, machine a small lip in the top to accept the slightly bigger momo horn ring and should be good to go. I'll post pictures once I get this done. I also tweaked the length of the boss as well as I found the one I had was to long and felt the wheel was to close, so shortened it down slightly before welding. At present the new Momo wheel will sit 15mm further away than the stock unit, which is perfect for me as I felt the standard big wheel was a little "ontop of you"

Tim

well lets hope its ok once it fixed and i start seeing boost again will be the test. Hogde does the supra have a metal head gasket as standard like the later 3sgte engines or the weaker organic type material?

Tim

It's metal mate, 2 or 3 layers but I can't remember which. The N/A is a total different gasket all together though, it's like tissue paper.