I Really have lost the love -

Geo

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...stuff...

Good post Chris :) I like to think my Soop is okay handling-wise thanks to the suspension bushing refresh, sensible wheels and ride height, and some nice shocks and springs ;) I'm a stickler for keeping the geo/alignment spot on because otherwise it tramlines or snuffles around under braking, which = not fun to drive. And I still don't really know if you'd class it as "decent handling" or not. New tyres might help, that's for spring next year :) But I still don't cane it off roundabouts or in the wet because I'm just too scaredy cat cautious.

I've driven a GTR, and it left me a little cold. I don't think I've ever get near the handling capabilities of a GTR, or if I did I'd end up crashing it due to sudden overconfidence and/or fiddling with the screens and readouts too much :) I also think they are ugly and massive, and a lot of expensive maintenance is waiting in the wings as they get older - I'm terrible at worrying over such things. But I still respect it as a beast of a car :cool:

I'm looking at Vantages and Jags with a glint in my eye these days, doesn't mean I'm 65 ;) Useable power on Norfolk roads along with the modern comfort and handling, and the easy life of a big NA engine. Mmm :love: But as I'm up to my neck in house investments I'll stick with the Supra for a good while yet - because when it's all spot on it still brings an involuntary smile to my face :D

ramble ramble

-Ian

The GTR doesn't do much for me, it's just too big. But I can see that you are buying a lot of technology for the money. I too would be very worried about how easy it would be to do a LOT of expensive damage in a seemingly minor collision. For sure, these will be written off with seemingly trivial looking damage when they get a bit older. I'd only be interested in one as a project to run stripped out on track, but don't see the point in doing all the work when something of far less frontal area and weight could be done that needed X BHP less to do the same figures. I think I'd rather have the Audi mid engined thing as a road car. But I never buy expensive road cars any more, so it's all hypothetical :) As Bentley are building the Continental GT as a track car, and Nissan have the GTR, maybe circuits will need to think of having two truck classes at meetings, big and small.... ;)

Wrong! It's a manual dual clutch box with auto shifting capability. It's a manual box, not an auto. Facts, my friend. Facts.

Oh, and it's most RWD as well :D

It's a bloody auto, and the first thing they did when trying to make it go fast on track is they threw all that junk out and put a proper transmission in ;)

Wrong! It's a manual dual clutch box with auto shifting capability. It's a manual box, not an auto. Facts, my friend. Facts.

Oh, and it's most RWD as well :D

Wrong! I was under the impression it was, and I quote "6-speed automatic dual clutch transmission".

I understand it is an automated manual box, which is still an auto at the end of the day. Don't remember seeing a clutch pedal in the few I've seen. :p

And as you say when the conditions allow it is predominantly RWD, with up to 50/50 split if it is required. I also appreciate the ATTESA E-TS 4WD system if far more complicated than what I can explain in one line. It's a very advanced system.

Good luck Geo..

GTR is an impressive car for it's price...

Not a fan of the looks, but respect the technology.. Supra is defintely not a comparison, based on the 20 year age difference between them..

In saying that, Supra will always be a killer, even after all this time, they still being modified to silly levels..

(But I am gonna refurb my suspension b4 adding more power as Chris recommends):D