The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I Really have lost the love -

Geo

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame you're getting rid - but totally understand why. Once you drive one, it's hard for anything else to come close performance wise.... even when you put aside the fact that it's not AS involved as a Supra - the sheer performance and the ability of the car more than makes up for it.

I'm still going to go down the V10 M5 route as it's an itch I need to scratch, then I think I'll probably end up with a GTR myself once I've got owning a V10 out of my system :D

Sad to see you selling up Geo as I was sure you were going to build another stunner, I totally get the GTR thing, Jamie's car at 600 was very impressive, I just know I would want to tune it and I know that is a whole different cost commitment, I have just spent about 20k to get a pretty poor TT6 to the right spec for me and I still love the look of a Supra, albeit it becoming quite Retro now, just a couple of days ago at Tesco a group (family) were having their picture taken next to it

Hope the GTR makes you happy, I think a 911 turbo or 360 Ferrari will be next for me, something I can not tune or mess with easily !!!

I've not seen one yet. When i got my supra 7 years ago, i didn't see one of them either. Now there is loads. :)

There's a good few in and around Paisley , including a cracking white one . Maybes its just working at the airport and doing rounds of the carparks every other day i get to see more. Im jealous , but i wont ever admit it :D

Sad to see you selling up Geo as I was sure you were going to build another stunner, I totally get the GTR thing, Jamie's car at 600 was very impressive, I just know I would want to tune it and I know that is a whole different cost commitment, I have just spent about 20k to get a pretty poor TT6 to the right spec for me and I still love the look of a Supra, albeit it becoming quite Retro now, just a couple of days ago at Tesco a group (family) were having their picture taken next to it

Hope the GTR makes you happy, I think a 911 turbo or 360 Ferrari will be next for me, something I can not tune or mess with easily !!!

as much as i love the supra mate, id love to go the whole hog and build from ground up like you did, but as you say 20k down already and its mildly tuned, pretty sure im done with high powered car as far as tuning them goes, but never say never. GTR for me is an all round car. my ai is to step away from supras just now, and who knows i might come back.

Id love to get my hands on a 997 turbo, just to own one, :D But then again there is a few cars id like to own and test drive now.

Really...I see GTRs all the time!?:blink:

Never see another Supra unless attending a meet though!;)

I see more GTR's than any other sub-supercar (including the godly Supra). They are FAR too common and I just dont see the appeal.

I'm a die hard Supra fan. Would much rather have my NA auto than a GTR no matter how impressive its performence is. Ugly beasts.

There's that much chat about GTR's on here lately I wonder if its Mkiv supra club at all anymore. With the amount of cars that have been sold or broken its starting to become a sad place to be. The loves dying all around imo.

Good point, this club has been about the quality of the members rather than the quality of the builds of late, I really enjoy getting out in the car on convoy and chatting with the members but some of the key chaps have moved on, notice how they stay on here though, I did when I was Supraless

The Supra will become a classic in years to come and appreciate if you look after it, the R35 has some serious tuning costs and a fair amount of depreciation to go through yet, no hiding the fact that it's a great car but the Supra will remain a special car

I know the felling dude, i've got the Supra off the road for winter and not really missing driving it a bit.......

Never been out in a GTR and can see the appeal but still wouldn't go for one.

I spoke to Ailsa about selling up a few nights ago as well but she talked me out of it for now lol

I know the felling dude, i've got the Supra off the road for winter and not really missing driving it a bit.......

Never been out in a GTR and can see the appeal but still wouldn't go for one.

I spoke to Ailsa about selling up a few nights ago as well but she talked me out of it for now lol

You cant sell up dude! We need to keep the supra population alive up here :p

Ahh well...the more people sell up/crash the rarer my car becomes round these parts. My Supra is a lifer! I appreciate the GTR and had a bit of fun with one on the motorway the other day, but would have that aswell as my Supra...I'd never sell to get one.

Ahh well...the more people sell up/crash the rarer my car becomes round these parts. My Supra is a lifer! I appreciate the GTR and had a bit of fun with one on the motorway the other day, but would have that aswell as my Supra...I'd never sell to get one.

Once you get a burd, and kids, then that supra will be sold, £5 on it now. :D