The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To carry on with my build or not...

Parry_10

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see everyones opinions are great and if you dont have time to do the work yourself, its going to have a even bigger impact on the wallet to get someone to finish it for you. I still think you should crack on and get it finished! do it in your own time even if it takes another year Chris.

The ammount of times a put breaking threads up when i was building mine but now i have my dream supra because i stuck at it When you build your OWN car from scratch you build it to how you like, if you finish yours it will be a one off!! plus have the history behind it.... little bit similar to the doluck but on a different wave lengh.

Guest Nicholas

Is your heart in it? because lets be honest that's what these cars are all about. If it is, stick with it. If it's not, sell and let someone else enjoy her.

Whatever you do, don't break it... There simply isn't the money out there at this time of year to do anything. And after Christmas is jsut as bad.

If it was me, I'd pause, take stock and resume once the love returns (and get a GT-R, rather than it's grandad ;) )

I agree with Johnny, just think of the satisfaction of standing back and looking at it and thinking; "I did that". At least you know that once it's done, it will be right. (Hopefully)

I agree with Johnny, just think of the satisfaction of standing back and looking at it and thinking; "I did that". At least you know that once it's done, it will be right. (Hopefully)

I wish I had the skills and time to do a car like that, because I'm very envious of Hodge and the way he looks at that car of his and knows every single millimeter of it. I bet he's even named each fuse and relay.

Whatever you do, don't break it... There simply isn't the money out there at this time of year to do anything. And after Christmas is jsut as bad.

If it was me, I'd pause, take stock and resume once the love returns (and get a GT-R, rather than it's grandad ;) )

:D That made me LOL. I do like the R34 gtr too though! is it the nur spec?? i dont know, as i love supra's too much to care about any other ricer! lol

plus too skint for a R35

I wish I had the skills and time to do a car like that, because I'm very envious of Hodge and the way he looks at that car of his and knows every single millimeter of it. I bet he's even named each fuse and relay.

Me too, I'm much the same with my RS Turbo, had it 3 years now and it's still not finished. I wouldn't sell it or break it though, as once it's finished, to me it'll be priceless. Although will have cost me a load less than a Singled Supra to build!

I suppose it was a stupid question obviously most will say to finish it. But its hard to put a lot of money into a car

1) You see the car once a week max

2) Usually spend about 4 hours on it a week

3) You have thousands worth of parts sitting around doing nothing and still need to spend thousands more.

4) You dont want to pay someone else to do it when you can do most of it yourself

5) You think of the cars you would be able to buy if you sold all the stuff you have lol

Know what you mean mate

another way of looking at it is if you bought a R34 (VERY NICE CARS MAY I ADD)

You can guarantee you will spend money on modifying that as well..

It’s a horrible circle lol

The only way to solve this in my eyes is for you to hand over a bit of the workload to somebody else; Even though I am not physically assembling my single turbo components I am getting a lot of enjoyment and broadening my knowledge from doing all the needed when choosing the combination of parts. Once the project is finished I believe I will do a good job at trouble shooting any future failures, repairs and maintenance.

Guest Nicholas
It's a heap! Held in esteem by those who live in the past :)

If we should all buy GTR's why do you still live on the MKIV owners club :) on a serious note if my toy was my daily too I'd have a GTR

it's a shame Supras don't hold there value anymore, there is not much that comes close performance wise for the money, you just know if you carry on with the build you are going to chuck away a huge amount of money.

I like the R34 GTR, I always regret never getting one, I could not go back to one now though.

Yesterday I got to drive a 1000 Bhp 1000ftlb R35, it was truly an insane car, performance was brutal, I think I'm in love, can't stop thinking about it:D We think it does 0-100 in the 4's

Cheers for all the inputs guys, apprectiate it. Im going to make a decision tomorrow as im doing some bits on the car then.

1) To people who have said if I sell I got rid of my car for no reason, that makes alot of sense and makes me want to carry on.

2) Jamies old car is in my eyes the perfect supra, carbon panels, wide arch, stock/aggresive look, I love the wheels. So if I do get rid I will have to accept that is me done completely with supras and the only thing I rekon that could top the supra for me which I could possibly afford down the line is an r34 gtr. Although they are expensive they do hold their value, supras dont.

Been thinking most of the day about it.