The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To carry on with my build or not...

Parry_10

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A slow one, i could not think of much worse if im honest.

You could say the same about the E30 M3, but it's still an amazing car. Anything that detracts from the feel of a car detracts from the driving experience. Cars can be fast, but they're boring if they require little skill to master.

And i would, e30 m3 would be more comparable to an old pinto cortina than a GT-R :D

Touché! :D

I'm merely demonstrating that my measure of a drivers car is not how fast it can go. I drove a friends old Mini the other week, it's stripped out and runs a 150hp Starlet turbo engine. I've driven much faster cars, but I've never driven anything that's made me giggle like that.

it's a shame Supras don't hold there value anymore, there is not much that comes close performance wise for the money, you just know if you carry on with the build you are going to chuck away a huge amount of money.

I like the R34 GTR, I always regret never getting one, I could not go back to one now though.

Yesterday I got to drive a 1000 Bhp 1000ftlb R35, it was truly an insane car, performance was brutal, I think I'm in love, can't stop thinking about it:D We think it does 0-100 in the 4's

I love you jamie! "oh i wont go too mad with the R35! 600bhp will do me" now i know you will want 1000bhp after the ride lol. fair bloody play to you too if you do!!

This is why i would never want to drive a supra with more power than mine as ill just want more and more. I do agree about the prices with supra's nowadays but that is only due to the owners desperate for money! cossy owners dont drop there prices and they are still 15k-20k

I agree with you Rob, give it a few more years and a fair few of the Supras on here will be no more, only the best will survive and then the prices will go up again

We have seen a glut of cars for sale in these tough times for several reasons, I will be painting mine next year and giving the car a light restoration underneath just to keep it in top condition for the future. I have never added up the cost because it is always going to make me feel sick but as long as I enjoy the car and the trips I have in it it all seems somehow worth it

I agree with you Rob, give it a few more years and a fair few of the Supras on here will be no more, only the best will survive and then the prices will go up again

We have seen a glut of cars for sale in these tough times for several reasons, I will be painting mine next year and giving the car a light restoration underneath just to keep it in top condition for the future. I have never added up the cost because it is always going to make me feel sick but as long as I enjoy the car and the trips I have in it it all seems somehow worth it

Absolutely. With any performance cars the money invested in modifications etc disintegrates into nothing but driving pleasure and fun - but that's why we spend so much on them in the first place to maximise our enjoyment of them or to do something new and different. I absolutely will not be selling mine in the next 5 years. I missed the thrill so much when I sold my first and refuse to feel like that again. A supra is a habit of a lifetime.

Keep it and finish it properly Chris. You will not regret it mate. I'm doing a Big Twin build in Spring and whilst I know it'll cost me £10k+ I can only dream about how much fun I'm going to have with the car in the years ahead.