The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rich's NA-T

Rich.2211

Haha, it has been mapped on the road, not a dyno!! So I don't know the power figures but I will be getting it on a dyno in the near future. It feels as quick/quicker than my BPU TT but a lot of that is down to the rush of the single turbo and having a relatively short ratio 5spd box I imagine.

I may stick it on the dyno soon at 7.5psi and then again at the end of the month when the boost is upped to 1 bar :)

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally managed to get a short video up. First section of the video is the first start (actually more like the third but I forgot to video the first couple :innocent:), please ignore the blue silicone joiner - this has now been replaced for black. It sounds like it has aftermarket cams in the video at idle :D... but reality is it's stock cams and as soon as Lyndon worked his magic it now idles perfectly like a stock NA. Second section is a very short blast at a mere 7.5psi but it gives some idea, can't wait to hit 1bar!! Only thing the vid doesn't capture is the epic turbo flutter when you back off the loud pedal.

More videos to come soon now it's all done :thumbs:

Also..... meet the HOVER SUPRA!

Needless to say I have new wheels on the way. I loved the look of XXR's but fell in love with the Rotas after seeing DaveR's at the Falcon meet a little while back. Plus means I can move to a slightly wider tyre at the back ready for the extra (insert Jeremy Clarkson style voice) POWERRRR!

Nice one mate, I need to get some videos up of mine! maybe this friday :-)

You need to make a longer video and would love to hear the flutter... :-)

Cheers mate! The video is a poor effort I know :D It will be Sunday now before I can get some more videos but I definitely will. The iPhone videos don't do the sound any justice unfortunately but have a few more Supra bits coming before I invest in a Go Pro etc.

After a long, long day driving down to Chichester and back I collected these :D:

They are Rota Boost's with Toyo R888 tyres all round. 255/35/18 fronts on 9J ET30 wheels and 285/30/18 rears on 10J ET35. Bought them with it in mind that the tyres may need replacing (prev. owner mentioned there may be a flat spotting issue from the tyres being stood) but I've given them a good drive at varying speeds all seem okay, no vibration. Fronts will be replaced shortly anyway as one has wear on the outer edge so hoping to replace for more R888's if I can source some. I fitted them this morning along with undersealing the rear arches to make everything neat and tidy.

I love them! :)

Next step, refurb the brake callipers!

Been out for a passenger ride with Rich today in this, what an epic, epic car!

True testament to the quality of Rich's work and the depth to which he's gone to!

If this hadn't been the kick up the area for me to get mine finished, I don't know what would.

Haha cheers buddy :thumbs:

Glad it put a smile on your face :D

That's awesome mate.. Love that video..! More!!!! :D

I'm going to get a few more bits done to mine then buy an engine and start my conversion you've inspired me!

Would be keen to know what power/torque it's putting down etc I've started a NA-T spec thread in the tech section so people know what to expect from different set ups

Love the new wheels mate

Its a tough call between the rota and the xxr but i have to say i prefer the rotas definately

Ready to crank the boost up on yours yet?

Cheers mate. Nice thing about the Rotas is the fact I now have 285 R888's on the back. The grip is unbelievable!

I've got a 0.9 bar wastegate spring to go in and want to purchase a GReddy Profec B Spec II, then Lyndon will be coming back to do some more mapping :D

That's awesome mate.. Love that video..! More!!!! :D

I'm going to get a few more bits done to mine then buy an engine and start my conversion you've inspired me!

Would be keen to know what power/torque it's putting down etc I've started a NA-T spec thread in the tech section so people know what to expect from different set ups

Thanks bud. I actually have a good few videos but they're not internet friendly lol.

I will get in on the dyno some point next month probably, but as it was mapped on the road I can only use my seat dyno until then :D

I'll post in your thread, just spotted it :thumbs: