The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend me an interior trimmer

Supra Gaz

The only reason I would have reservations about your guy Jurgen, (Please correct my if i'm talking $#@!, I don't want to offend!). Is that of the few sets of seats that were trimmed by your man, all had had the leather slapped straight over the existing fabric material of the seat. They looked really nice, but felt weird to sit in, and if it was me I would want the old stuff removed and new leather added on top. Might be that you changed trimmer at some point?

i have no idea how he trims or what method he uses but its same guy since 2002.

i cant see how it would feel weird to sit on as if it were leather on top of the cloth or direct to the foam i cant see how much difference you would feel by it, if anything it should be more comfortable.

but i dont know the method he uses.. (i will ask him)..

have you took these apart to check that ??

I wouldn't let Jurgen's upholsterer turn up my jeans.

I gave sound advice, as often do and was content to leave it at that.

However, a telephone conversation with Jurgen has been held.

The Facelift seats in question, I purchased from another member, which had only a short time before been reupholstered via Jurgen.

He was most displeased that my honest comment had cost him his middleman cut from a punter and after answering his many questions, he then informed me that my observations of this guano quality work were merely an opinion and continued to inform me that because I was a third party he was not liable to provide any service!

I make it quite clear that I did not, nor plan to, ask for any ‘service’.

After his ridiculous suggestion that maybe the seats had been substituted with others, he then continued and requested that I removed the seats, photograph the poor workmanship and forward him this information, enabling him to apply peer pressure to the upholsterer for his poor work and so capitalise from the scenario.

I don’t do underhand manoeuvres or double standards, especially should they include selfishness or greed, yet Jurgen’s motives clearly include all of these.

This imbecile has pressed my ‘Wrong Button’.

Consequently, I have removed the seats in question and photographed the guano quality work and rather than sending secret photo’s, I openly post the pics here for all members to view.

Finally, because Jurgen is insistant that my observations are merely an opinion, I consider myself justified to actually give my opinion.

Which is;

Jurgen operates a parasitic underhand middleman enterprise and I vow to never contribute to his Mr. 10-20-30-40-50%’s? lavish life-style and it’s my opinion that neither should others.

First impression they look good

attachment.php?attachmentid=158465&d=1349115013

Map pocket fitted to back of drivers seat instead of passenger seat

attachment.php?attachmentid=158480&d=1349115157

The leather is a random mixed bag of quality

Soft as a baby's bottom

attachment.php?attachmentid=158468&d=1349115013

And hard as an old elephants bottom

attachment.php?attachmentid=158467&d=1349115013

Stitching under passengers bottom

attachment.php?attachmentid=158466&d=1349115013

Stitching here and there

attachment.php?attachmentid=158474&d=1349115063

attachment.php?attachmentid=158475&d=1349115129

attachment.php?attachmentid=158476&d=1349115129

Underneath

attachment.php?attachmentid=158472&d=1349115063

Finishing and fixings

attachment.php?attachmentid=158469&d=1349115013

attachment.php?attachmentid=158471&d=1349115063

attachment.php?attachmentid=158470&d=1349115063

Right hand drivers seat bolster soft as a baby's bottom and my finger is pressed onto a chunk of steel

attachment.php?attachmentid=158477&d=1349115129

Left hand drivers seat bolster tough as an old elephants bottom and my finger is pressed onto a chunk of steel

attachment.php?attachmentid=158478&d=1349115129

It is so uncomfortable anything more than a pop to the shops results with a painful dead-leg on each side so one of these must be used.

attachment.php?attachmentid=158479&d=1349115129

All in all, I think that my original comment was very reserved and polite. :think:

guano 003.JPG

guano 010.JPG

guano 014.JPG

guano 016.JPG

guano 017.JPG

guano 019.JPG

guano 020.JPG

guano 021.jpg

guano 022.JPG

guano 026.JPG

guano 029.JPG

guano 030.JPG

guano 031.JPG

guano 032.JPG

guano 033.JPG

guano 036.JPG

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Finally, because Jurgen is insistant that my observations are merely an opinion, I consider myself justified to actually give my opinion.

Which is;

Jurgen operates a parasitic underhand middleman enterprise and I vow to never contribute to his Mr. 10-20-30-40-50%’s? lavish life-style and it’s my opinion that neither should others.

Unless he's undergone a character transplant since I last saw Jurgen, I don't think you could be much wider of the mark.

There is no place in this world for 'fanboys' who blow smoke up someone's 4ss, so when I say Jurgen is as genuine as they come and he's worked blo00dy hard to achieve all he has I don't say it lightly.

I agree those seats look gash, but are you certain the seller you bought that Supra from had really used Jurgen's man to retrim those seats, or could s/he have just said it, to trade on someone who's got a good reputation? Jurgen has said they weren't anything to do with him or his contact - are you 100% sure they were?

Either way, I don't see the issue in Jurgen putting his reputation on the line and taking people's seats in to be retrimmed, in exchange for what is almost certainly a tiny margin for the simple reason it wouldn't be a marketable service if the markup were taking the mick. No one is forced to use him, but he always sees to sort out any issues that are to do with him on the rare occasions that they arise - unlike many, less professional companies.

If you manage to avoid middle men in every transaction in your life I'd be amazed. In fact, if you avoid even a handful, I'd be quite surprised. Anyway, I digress.

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

what i can say is david p, that these seats are in no way the ones just done a few months prior (make of that what you will).

you should of checked the seats before buying them of a member on here, instead of having a unfair rant on the forum to deprive me of future work (thats clearly what it is and its not a warning about the work as we have done over 300-400 seats.

yes everyone has different standard of quality but for £ you can get better IMO. (you obviously expect high high standard and for that we recommend the £1500 retrim).

we can retrim supra seats from £300 a pair to £1500 a pair - (pending what leather you want).

you are cleary dissapointed with the seats - how an earth did you buy them in that condition (i have no idea) but they were not fresh seats.

as for calling me an imbecile ?

i had the decency to call you on my day off after my missus just having give birth to a new child to see what the issue was and i clearly said there must be a mix up.

even though we have not sold you anything and you bought these second hand via a member on here.

if them seats had been sold i would of expected the buyer to get in touch (they never did and i spoke with them and they were happy with them and left in MINT condition).

this qoute from you is disgraceful to be honest..

Which is;

for a start you have not contribute to me at all, your merely trying to get others not to, i work 24/7 a day for my buisness and also my customers , if fact is to be know we dont make a huge deal of money in the seats £30-40 if that.

its purely done to because thats the type of guy i am and like to offer a great deal - which i think they are..

(you clearly dont know me or how we operate or run my buisness)..

some of your wording and comments are very rude and very sour..

here is some examples of the seats we have done and these are just the entry level seats.

facelift seats in fresh condition

I reckon the trimmer has failed JM on this instance from the pictures, it's hard to always get the same results when using third parties as sometimes they drop their attention/effort levels when they become relaxed with a steady flow of orders.

Im sure JM would not be happy with these seats and its odd that the previous customer did not pic up on these.

Good honest lad is Jurgen and definitely tries his best to offer the best to all his customer IMO and Experience.

I reckon the trimmer has failed JM on this instance from the pictures, it's hard to always get the same results when using third parties as sometimes they drop their attention/effort levels when they become relaxed with a steady flow of orders.

Im sure JM would not be happy with these seats and its odd that the previous customer did not pic up on these.

Good honest lad is Jurgen and definitely tries his best to offer the best to all his customer IMO and Experience.

if a customer recived the seats like that then i would of contacted the trimmer but i spoke to customer again just yesterday and they were mint he said.

the honestly look like 2-3 years old or heavy milege use.

Cheers for the heads up Jamesy, I think he will be my man, he is close by for a start.

This thread seems to have really got off course. I have used Jurgen services for my last re-trim, he was a lovely bloke to deal with, I git exactly what I wanted for a price I was chuffed with.

I don't blow smoke up other peoples ass often but jurgen is a good bloke, when I ordered a 1jz vvti through him, which I then had to sell on due to my daughter coming along he was very, very patient, I would happily use him in the future and when I decide on what to buy next I will certainly use him to import my car.

David bought them seats off me when they was a few months old, this has got to be a couple of years ago now, the photos are dated april 2009

If you was not happy with them then why did you buy them?

Speaking to Jurgen yesterday is the first i have heard that he is not happy with them.

I spoke to David a few times since he bought the seats and never once has he mentioned he was not happy with them, i spoke to him yesterday at jap show and he never mentioned it then either?

I only changed seats as i wanted a bucket seat in the car, as far as i was concerned they was mint.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Buying second hand is never an exact science I'm sure most will know, I think it's a little harsh going from a set of seats to the integrity of one mans life's work, and I'm guess you might have been feeling a little annoyed when typing this David.

I think discussing these things in public can be great sometimes but not so great for yourself, at others.

if a customer recived the seats like that then i would of contacted the trimmer but i spoke to customer again just yesterday and they were mint he said.

the honestly look like 2-3 years old or heavy milege use.

I wouldn't worry about it, they clearly are a few years old, and it seems to me that the seller had given the wrong information to Mr P... I can understand that if he paid a lot of money for them he'd be rather pee'd off... however, they could have originated from anywhere,,, or have been messed with and abused in the meantime!! I had a set done in the black leather at Jurgens, and they are absolutely stunning!! Leather is of great quality, workmanship is awesome and they are incredibly comfortable! If anyone in Sussex wants to check these out before ordering, you are very welcome!!

I don't think you'd get much better at two and a half times that price!!

Just saw Jamies post! There's the answer, 2 years old!

Edited by Supra Kong (see edit history)

I've had seats retrimmed by Jurgen before. One of my best friends has too. Both sets were perfect, and were very soft and comfortable. You can get better quality seams etc from Gibsons and MJ interiors, but these companies charge twice what Jurgen does. * Edit - the seams on the picture Jamie has just put up look as good as anything I've ever seen, unbelievable value for what he charges *

No one has any right to comment on the amount of money he makes. He offers an exceptional service, obviously works damned hard and employs a good team of lads. I congratulate him on his success - he's earned it and deserves it.

David, you've been warned by Branners before about your attitude. Slating one of our better traders for making a living is not going to make you any friends.

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

I think the thread has come to a conclusion, with Supra Gaz having got his retrimmmer suggestions, Jurgen has his business reputation intact and David probably has his

tail in between his legs.

The End.

I'd think.