The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wanting a drive in a supra :S

Guest miniboy11

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing to do is come to the next bluewater meet... you would have a selection of cars there. Ill take you for a spin in my auto single turbo if you fancy it. Im a huge lover of the autobox, i just like the way it drives and launches when you need it too but i do agree that in a non turbo its pretty sluggish. A decent bpu supra is a hell of a car which ticks alot of boxes imo

Guest miniboy11
Best thing to do is come to the next bluewater meet... you would have a selection of cars there. Ill take you for a spin in my auto single turbo if you fancy it. Im a huge lover of the autobox, i just like the way it drives and launches when you need it too but i do agree that in a non turbo its pretty sluggish. A decent bpu supra is a hell of a car which ticks alot of boxes imo

Thanks a lot mate I may come to the blue Water meet when is the next one if it's the first Friday of every month it must be next week?

Guest miniboy11
Where are you located dude? I'll take you for a ride in my TT 6 BPU when I get it :D

thankyou mate when are you getting your car? I am in colchester what about you are you far from there

oil changes and services etc are fine i do my current car every 4000 miles so wont be much of a change there i also use the best oils etc i can on my car aswel so shouldnt be too bad on that side of it.

yea its always better to buy the better parts, do it once do it properly is my saying.

i can see tyres being expensive though but thats the way it is i suppose. i wont be doing too many miles a day in the car so hopefully if i keep control of the right foot it should be OK-ish :innocent:

It won't really cost you much more if you do all that anyway. It's really just the fuel that will cost you a lot. You will get a happy right foot no doubt. Especially if you have never had a turbo before like me. I don't think it's possible to drive the supra and not put your foot down when you see a nice straight bit of road ahead of you.

thankyou mate when are you getting your car? I am in colchester what about you are you far from there

Well if everything goes well I should be at Bluewater meet next Friday so can take you for a spin then if you can make it, if not I live in Billericay so not to far away from you, and the Bluewater meet this month is the 7th of September :)

Welcome mate........nowt wrong with a mini. i used to rally em (1340s) back in them old days. I'm on my second UK TT now. You'll love it. Go for a TT no matter what, cos you will only want to change to one if you buy an N/A. ro start spending loads of money trying to get whats not there.... You'll have the car.....and youvre got the name. LEON...... Leon Green was was off the fastest supra owners on here in the early 2000's. You could be the number 2. Good luck. Ray

Guest miniboy11
It won't really cost you much more if you do all that anyway. It's really just the fuel that will cost you a lot. You will get a happy right foot no doubt. Especially if you have never had a turbo before like me. I don't think it's possible to drive the supra and not put your foot down when you see a nice straight bit of road ahead of you.

thats good then it should roughly cost the same ish which is good but yeah i will expect fuel to be a fair bit more to be honest. i have never had a turbo car though many of my friends have them. i have had throttle bodied and supercharged cars just leaves me to now go turbo :D

Well if everything goes well I should be at Bluewater meet next Friday so can take you for a spin then if you can make it, if not I live in Billericay so not to far away from you, and the Bluewater meet this month is the 7th of September :)

ok thanks mate i will definitely try book that evening off and make an apperence down there i no what your car looks like so will keep an eye out.

Welcome mate........nowt wrong with a mini. i used to rally em (1340s) back in them old days. I'm on my second UK TT now. You'll love it. Go for a TT no matter what, cos you will only want to change to one if you buy an N/A. ro start spending loads of money trying to get whats not there.... You'll have the car.....and youvre got the name. LEON...... Leon Green was was off the fastest supra owners on here in the early 2000's. You could be the number 2. Good luck. Ray

cheers mate i do love my mini for its handling etc but yeah i do want a big powered supra its something i have always loved and i will definitely be going tt like you say with any NA car it takes a lot more money to get power out of them. haha that would be nice to one day have a quick supra would love to be one of the quickest but there are so many awesome supras out there i loved jamiep's car shame he has sold it though

Can you take me for a ride? :D

thats good then it should roughly cost the same ish which is good but yeah i will expect fuel to be a fair bit more to be honest. i have never had a turbo car though many of my friends have them. i have had throttle bodied and supercharged cars just leaves me to now go turbo :D

ok thanks mate i will definitely try book that evening off and make an apperence down there i no what your car looks like so will keep an eye out.

cheers mate i do love my mini for its handling etc but yeah i do want a big powered supra its something i have always loved and i will definitely be going tt like you say with any NA car it takes a lot more money to get power out of them. haha that would be nice to one day have a quick supra would love to be one of the quickest but there are so many awesome supras out there i loved jamiep's car shame he has sold it though

Cool dude, I should be there, just be a question of sorting a few things out and having time to collect the car hopefully, you know what it looks like? How do you know that? :O

Guest miniboy11
Cool dude, I should be there, just be a question of sorting a few things out and having time to collect the car hopefully, you know what it looks like? How do you know that? :O

ok i will keep an eye out for your car cheers mate. yeah i saw you brought the black car on the supra classifieds section. stalker haha :innocent:

Guest miniboy11
Hahaha, I thought you might have done :D ok cool, well let me know if your coming down :)

Yea I will definitely be coming I recon mate what time does it all start down there do you no?

Guest miniboy11
Welcome buddy.

I recognize the mini (from Colchester too). :)

You may have seen the supe around when I had it;

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/personal/Supra/webfield2.jpg

Thankyou bud. it's a small world isn't it lol where abouts in colchester are you from?

I can't remember that supra though mate but a few of my mates were talking about a silver supra so may hat been yours. You not got a supra anymore then?

Guest miniboy11

It sure is. Do you come through tolgate sometimes by any chance because I have seen that car or one similar come through tolgate and on the way out boot it and my God it sounds like thunder. Nice car though wish I had the money for one of those.