The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wanting a drive in a supra :S

Guest miniboy11

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest miniboy11

that sounds good (tooquicktostop) i will definitely take you up on that offer thats a bit of power not going to lie haha. if you wouldnt mind giving me a pm or something when you have got your car running etc that would be much appreciated. i am looking to go turbo as if i got an NA i would say i would be going backwards from the mini but thanks for the advise (havard)

Guest miniboy11

oh right nice. who are the good tuning companies for supras i no in the mini world there are specific companies is this the same with supras

Guest miniboy11
If you ever come to south Spain i will be here, and i can take you for a spin and maybe i will let you drive the 450 hp single turbo auto ! :)):D

haha thankyou mate if i ever come to spain i will send a pm your way :D

Guest miniboy11
Look at the traders section on here, all respected because they have to be approved by the members

cheers i will have a little look around there just trying to learn as much as i can about these cars

Welcome to the club, come along to the Bluewater meet, doesn't matter what car you turn up in. :)

Fair about of Supra's meet up on the first Friday of each Month (search for Bluewater meet).

Gonna miss my Supra pals this month! Wont be making this months Bluewater :( - Will 100% be at the October one though.

Guest miniboy11
Dont be afraid to ask questions! :)

thanks a lot mate :)

i do have one question actually i have told a few people about wanting a supra and quite a few of them (bearing in mind have never had supras) have said you need deep pockets for these cars are they chatting rubbish if there not why the need for deep pockets not bringing fuel, insurance into the equation?

Guest miniboy11
Welcome to the club, come along to the Bluewater meet, doesn't matter what car you turn up in. :)

Fair about of Supra's meet up on the first Friday of each Month (search for Bluewater meet).

thanks a lot i may come to that as im not overly far from bluewater so if you see a lost looking person its me :search:

i do have one question actually i have told a few people about wanting a supra and quite a few of them (bearing in mind have never had supras) have said you need deep pockets for these cars are they chatting rubbish if there not why the need for deep pockets not bringing fuel, insurance into the equation?

I suppose they can be! Im not the best person to answer that question as im only 18 and dont actually own a supra myself. My dad owns a supra and they can be expensive if things are not done correctly. I will leave someone with more knowledge to answer that question for you lol.

Guest miniboy11
Iv got a 400 bhp auto and a 500 bhp manual sat on the driveway. If you want to make the trip up I'll take you for a ride and explain why you should by the car I have for sale :p

haha where are you located mate i wouldnt mind coming up if its not too far away. which one are you selling btw i will be wanting a manual for definite when i buy one.

Im in northampton

I'm selling a uk bpu auto.

If I was buying another supra. I'd buy an auto. They do the quarter quicker. Still take decent power and are so easy to drive. Bpu 2nd turbo rush and kickdown realy pushes you back in your seat in a way even my single doesnt. Overtaking was so easy. In the single I'm always worried I'm going to slide sideways into whatever I'm overtaking.

The 6 speed isn't a very nice box to drive tbh. It's strong but that comes at a cost. My old na 5 speed was beautiful. Great changes. And made it not feel as slow :p

My bpu was faultless and relatively cheep. Some things can be expensive. But it depends.

My rad went and that was 300 quid. Valve seals are 1000. They are getting to the age now where suspension is wairing out too.

My single tho. Has been a money pit in some ways. And full of little niggley things that are not a simple off the shelf fix. like my oil return is leaky. Needs a new pipe and fitting on the turbo. It's only about 2 foot long but a propper one is upwards of 100 quid

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Oil changes every 3000 miles, or at least I will (only just bought mine) and if you can't or won't do it yourself then it's going to cost a fair bit. You never buy the cheap parts like you do with normal shitty cars, everything has to be at least very good if not top of the range if you want to get the best out of the supra and keep it running well.

Tyres, I've been told are almost £200 per corner :/ depending on how high a standard you are willing to go. They are ZR speed rated so not cheap.

Servicing if you don't do it yourself will cost you loads, you should only be getting the best parts for the car.

Of course you can get cheaper parts and I'm sure people will and swear by how they are just as good. But would you rather not be sure of quality? You buy cheap, you get cheap.

Over all it's the fuel to be honest. I've gotten through almost £100 a week since having it. But that's because I have no other car and I'm currently at home on leave from work, so I get bored easily and want to have a drive in my shiny new toy :D

Guest miniboy11
Im in northampton

I'm selling a uk bpu auto.

If I was buying another supra. I'd buy an auto. They do the quarter quicker. Still take decent power and are so easy to drive. Bpu 2nd turbo rush and kickdown realy pushes you back in your seat in a way even my single doesnt. Overtaking was so easy. In the single I'm always worried I'm going to slide sideways into whatever I'm overtaking.

The 6 speed isn't a very nice box to drive tbh. It's strong but that comes at a cost. My old na 5 speed was beautiful. Great changes. And made it not feel as slow :p

My bpu was faultless and relatively cheep. Some things can be expensive. But it depends.

My rad went and that was 300 quid. Valve seals are 1000. They are getting to the age now where suspension is wairing out too.

My single tho. Has been a money pit in some ways. And full of little niggley things that are not a simple off the shelf fix. like my oil return is leaky. Needs a new pipe and fitting on the turbo. It's only about 2 foot long but a propper one is upwards of 100 quid

thanks for that mate it is something i can think about i am just not sure if i would feel as involved with an auto but like you say its probably best to try auto and manual and see how it goes from there. unfortunately northampton is quite a long time away from me its over a 2 hour drive which is a shame but i do appreciate the offer. :)

Guest miniboy11
Oil changes every 3000 miles, or at least I will (only just bought mine) and if you can't or won't do it yourself then it's going to cost a fair bit. You never buy the cheap parts like you do with normal $#@!ty cars, everything has to be at least very good if not top of the range if you want to get the best out of the supra and keep it running well.

Tyres, I've been told are almost £200 per corner :/ depending on how high a standard you are willing to go. They are ZR speed rated so not cheap.

Servicing if you don't do it yourself will cost you loads, you should only be getting the best parts for the car.

Of course you can get cheaper parts and I'm sure people will and swear by how they are just as good. But would you rather not be sure of quality? You buy cheap, you get cheap.

Over all it's the fuel to be honest. I've gotten through almost £100 a week since having it. But that's because I have no other car and I'm currently at home on leave from work, so I get bored easily and want to have a drive in my shiny new toy :D

oil changes and services etc are fine i do my current car every 4000 miles so wont be much of a change there i also use the best oils etc i can on my car aswel so shouldnt be too bad on that side of it.

yea its always better to buy the better parts, do it once do it properly is my saying.

i can see tyres being expensive though but thats the way it is i suppose. i wont be doing too many miles a day in the car so hopefully if i keep control of the right foot it should be OK-ish :innocent: