The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitted some facelift rears and sideexit exhaust

safcdixon

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gimmi that opener back you don't deserve it :cool: smart a$$.

Don't see many internally tinted rear lights?

:p I'll need it tonight mate, it will be it's virgin voyage. I hope it does me proud!

Also another question is, can you change the orange lenses in the UK spec lights to the clear ones that fit the facelifts?

Well guy i finished fitting the exaust yesterday, i had to heat wrap the p/s tail pipe as it gets really hot,

but my main problem was getting the pipes lined up on either side, so they exit equal on both sides, it took a while too work out but it seems the numpty that fitted the kit didnt put the skirts on equally so it sticks out slighty further on the drivers side than the passengers side, im not too bothered as the skirts are coming off over the winter and im going stock body with wider arches at the rear

On another note the exhaust sounds awesome it has a lish tickover burble and when booting it it sounds crazy best bit about is on tick over its so much quiter than the nur spec, il get a vid sort either today or tommorow

Mine is the same, slightly inset on the passenger side!

Might get some trims to extend them at some point.

Give the area around the exhausts a good polish and do it once a week! This should stop it from staining.

Oh really i thought my skirts were out but maybe not lol ive had it too me mates garage and its looks like theres a bracket at the front of the 2nd decat that joins to the gearbox made out of metal which is pushing it over a lil bit,

Do i think il take it off a make the blot hole bigger so it a bit of room to move over i think that may sort it :)

Just a no name 2.5 one mines over more than 10mm thats why i think its the skirts because the 3inch part of the sideexit system runs central to the prop. Im gonna get it up on the ramps again to try and fix the problem,

im gonna take the skirts off over the winter as its getting painted again, im gonna go stock body so hopefully that might fix it

The brake/fuel pipework looks to need replacing and will need to be insulated from the heat. :think:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=156467&d=1345316731

Yeahive wrapped it up with exhaust wrap the pipes just had a lil bit ov surface rust i cleaned it up a put a load of grease on the pipes to protect against any further rust etc

Is a depo racing boost gauge a defi rip off? car looks good but wrap that exhaust it's dangerous as is.

Yeah depo is basically a defi rip but about 1/3 the price of a defi and so far i cant see why, at my levels of power/boost then i dont think theres a need for a £200 boost gauge, see the post above about the exhaust wrap ;)