The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what is your opinions on this ebay turbo kit looks excellent for the price!

Supra N_A

What kit is that nic?? You made that up from buying parts individually ?

- - - Updated - - -

What turbo is that??

Not sure sorry mate, I looked at this kit for myself a while back. Never bothered doing anything though. Might be worth emailing them, they do a few "cheaper" kits. Not sure what they're like though.

Not sure sorry mate, I looked at this kit for myself a while back. Never bothered doing anything though. Might be worth emailing them, they do a few "cheaper" kits. Not sure what they're like though.

I think the PHR street kit uses a T60/1 turbo.

he isn't looking for an NA-T kit. and with a lowered compression theres no reason an NA couldn't use a T76, the current XS T61 has almost identical inducer wheel dimensions as the T70 so it's not that far off for usual na.t turbo

PHR street kit is $3695. The interbank exchange rate today is 1.55 which means you will probably get 1.5. That makes this kit £2463. Say shipping is $200 (minimum) that is another £133. So we are at £2596. You will probably get away with just paying VAT so you are now at £3115.20. Not sure what the exact duty rate is for these parts but will be at least 2%. That would take it to £3167.

Ok, so this is £800 less than the cheapest complete Whifbitz kit, but I know which one I would buy. I hate to think what the aftersales service would be like if bought in the US, shipping parts back there for inspection and shipping replacements or repairs back to the UK afterwards. The £800 saving could disappear very, very quickly!

But each to their own.

PHR street KIT is a nice setup. very good price too

My only issue withn the street kit is that if you wanted more power it basically involves removing the kit and starting again with a stainless tubular manifold system, if you believe that the power output of the street kit is going to be the most you want then it may be a kit worth looking at.

I put my kit together seperately. And saved a fortune if you can be bothered with the hassle of looking for parts. BUT, make sure you buy quality parts. I've been down the eBay kit route and almost everything but the turbo either had to be modded, repaired or replaced within 3 months.

I'm now running a:-

GT42-76 turbo (I sourced from the US forum)

Whiffbitzs single gate manifold, which I modded to fit my turbo (bonnet wouldnt shut lol)

Tial 44mm wastegate I bought from Jamie.

Made the downpipe,

Made the midpipe

Made all the oil lines,

I've done about 3K in the car since the conversion and most of those miles have been pretty much flat out every chance I got and all the consonants above are still like new.

I don't know how much a kit of that spec would have cost, but to my reckoning I've saved about 2-3 grand buying individual parts.

Odviously I also saved on labour too. If you don't do it yourself most tuners charge 1500-2k to do a single build depending on fabrication needs etc.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

My only issue withn the street kit is that if you wanted more power it basically involves removing the kit and starting again with a stainless tubular manifold system, if you believe that the power output of the street kit is going to be the most you want then it may be a kit worth looking at.

A cast manifold should be good for 600+hp with a bigger turbo.

How much have you budget'd for mate? then it will give us a idea on the route to take, also whats your power goal?

budget is not to much of a issue tbh but do not want to be spending like 10k in one..

so bit by bit.. liking the idea of the cast iron manifold just seeing what is available!

power goal 500 bhp would be well pleased with or more.. thing is want to keep the autobox.. is yours auto still?? upgraded the box?

budget is not to much of a issue tbh but do not want to be spending like 10k in one..

so bit by bit.. liking the idea of the cast iron manifold just seeing what is available!

power goal 500 bhp would be well pleased with or more.. thing is want to keep the autobox.. is yours auto still?? upgraded the box?

Yeah im running stock auto box mate, first on your list is 2 SRD gearbox coolers then. I wouldnt go cast manifold unless going for the street kit. Just buy a decent make in manifold ie- hks or garage whiffbitz twin gate. Ill post my spec up and you can use it to help you, perhaps tick things off the list as you get them. Im running a forged engine too though.

Im going built titan box next year and bigger turbo myself.

What power do you think a cast manifold starts to lose out to a tubular and what would you base that on?

Engine Specifications:

§ JE Pistons

§ ARP Rods Bolts

§ ACL Race Bearings

§ ARP Head Stud Kit

§ BoostLogic Crank pulley

§ SRD Custom Cam Breather System

§ Gates Racing Timing Belt

§ Gates Racing Serpentine Belt

§ Lexan sparkplug cover

§ Whifbitz Custom pulley set with engraving

§ Whifbitz Custom Idler Pulley with engraving

§ TRD Thermostat

§ SRD Twin Fan kit

§ SRD Radiator

§ SRD Custom Overflow tank

§ Greddy 1.3bar radiator cap

§ SRD Oil Cooler kit

§ SRD Twin Gearbox Cooler kit

§ Mishimoto radiator hose

§ SRD Custom lower water neck

Turbocharger & Induction:

§ BW bullseye Power S362 Turbo

§ Whifbitz Twin wastegated manifold

§ Twin 44mm Tial MVR wastegates

§ SRD Custom Twin Screamer pipes

§ Custom chrome Exhaust housing Blanket

§ Polished Turbo Compressor Housing

§ SRD Custom Intercooler

§ HKS Racing BOV

§ Polished Greddy manifold

§ Polished/chromed Q45 Throttle Body

§ Greddy Intercooler pipe work

§ SRD Custom Intercooler pipe work

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

§ Bosch 044 fuel pump

§ Sard 800cc drop-in injectors

§ DAW custom fuel rail cover

§ Stock FPR

§ SRD Custom Fuel Lines

§ Syvecs S6

Exhaust:

§ BoostLogic 4inch exhaust system

§ SRD custom 4inch Midpipe

§ SRD custom 4inch Downpipe Zirotec coated

Suspension, Wheels, Tires & Brakes:

§ Tein Super Streets with top mounts

§ Do Luck Rear Tension Set

§ 9X19 Trafficstar RTS Front

§ 11X19 Trafficstar RTS Rear

§ 265/30/19 Toyo T1R Front

§ 295/30/19 Toyo R888 Rear

§ 8pot 380mm Ksport front big brake kit

§ 6pot 356mm Ksport rear big brake kit

§ Ksport custom orange calipers

Interior & ICE:

§ Full black leather re-trim with orange piping

§ Dash surround panels wrapped in grey alcantara

§ Black carpet and custom made floor mats

§ Rear panels covered in black alcantera and orange stitching

§ SRD battery in boot relocation kit

§ SRD Custom aluminium battery tray

§ SRD Fusebox to boot relocation kit

§ SRD Washer bottle to boot reocation kit

§ JT-Innovations touch screen setup

Exterior:

§ Do Luck Front bumper

§ SRD Custom aluminium under tray

§ Veilside Sideskirts

§ Oem Rear Spats

§ New pre faclift Headlights

§ Facelift Rear Lights

§ Clear Side Repeaters

§ Fully repainted in Lamboughini Orange

Performance:

§ 558bhp 500ftlbs - 446.7 whp @ 1.6bar

§ Tuned & Maintained by Lee P @ Supra Racing Developments

§ Mapped by Ryan G @ 2bartuning

§ Built and Owned by Rob Mitchell @ Darnley AutoWorks

What power do you think a cast manifold starts to lose out to a tubular and what would you base that on?

Was doing loads of research on all of this before I bought my single parts and the general consensus appeared to be that the top end was around the 600bhp mark, after that it couldn't flow enough to make any further mods worthwhile.