The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Currently looking at this.

Ryy

I guess so, Tbh I'd rather be driving something i'd enjoy, something that puts a smile on my face every time I'm driving it, then something that i don't enjoy, If I've got everything under control, and I'm Stable enough, like house, Food, Tv, Water and electric are all sorted and i haven't got anything else to worry about, then i wouldn't mind paying that much, Because i know for a fact, owning one of those would Put a big fat grin on my face:d

Ry

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same thing - Is he buying this supra for himself? He's only 16 :blink:. Or is he buying the supra and his dad is driving it?

Confused.com!

My birthday is less than a month away, And my dad n myself have been looking for cars for me, I've seen a few different cars, Corsa's, 106's, And tbh mate i see everyone around nottingham driving em, Not saying there a bad car, There just a bit chavy for me,

So indeed the supra's for me -holds breath- :D

- so even if i get one, and dad drives it, as long as I'm a part of the supra gang, Ill be chuffed ;)

I guess so, Tbh I'd rather be driving something i'd enjoy, something that puts a smile on my face every time I'm driving it, then something that i don't enjoy, If I've got everything under control, and I'm Stable enough, like house, Food, Tv, Water and electric are all sorted and i haven't got anything else to worry about, then i wouldn't mind paying that much, Because i know for a fact, owning one of those would Put a big fat grin on my face:d

Ry

In some cases mate patience is a virtue, and you could get a uk spec auto for 5k in a year, which will be much faster and cheaper on insurance! Plus dude a 3 litre supra as your first car is probably excessive, lad i know was given a range rover sport supercharged for passing his test, and the insurance was £16,000 a year! and guess what happened.......

My birthday is less than a month away, And my dad n myself have been looking for cars for me, I've seen a few different cars, Corsa's, 106's, And tbh mate i see everyone around nottingham driving em, Not saying there a bad car, There just a bit chavy for me,

So indeed the supra's for me -holds breath- :D

- so even if i get one, and dad drives it, as long as I'm a part of the supra gang, Ill be chuffed ;)

ARE YOU MAD!!!

Your not going to get insured on a 3.0 litre N/A Supra.

It costs more to be insured on a J-spec N/A than it costs to be insured on a UK SPEC Twin Turbo.

If you think you will get insured you've got another thing coming mate.

Im looking at getting a 1.4 civic for my first car only wanna spend about £1000 on the car itself. But the insurance will be about £3000 just for a 1.4 civic. Imagine what it would be like for a supra.

Personally, I'd get a cheap BMW or the likes to get some RWD experience first. I'd be gutted if I binned my nice new supra the first time I took it out in the wet.

Keep the cheap runner for a year or so, and by the time it comes round to getting the Supra you'll at least have some experience, had time to save up some cash and your insurance will probably be cheaper as well! :)

Will cost 5k for an NA At my age and in my area! :(

If that is the case then I'd be looking at something like a VW golf in all honesty. These cars can be very expensive to run if they need work carrying out on them.

Don't bother your Dad & save the money yourself. At the end of the day if you are struggling at this stage then it will be quite difficult come insurance, tyres or suspension time.

If that is the case then I'd be looking at something like a VW golf in all honesty. These cars can be very expensive to run if they need work carrying out on them.

Don't bother your Dad & save the money yourself. At the end of the day if you are struggling at this stage then it will be quite difficult come insurance, tyres or suspension time.

Abz I thought I was bad! - Never knew how expensive parts were for these cars until we had the work done to dads one :blink:.

I guess, I'm just trying to get a supra, without thinking of Insurance, Tax, Fuel, Maintaining, etc.

The only little car I like is, the Mk5 Fiesta Zetec S. But i guess if worst came to worst, Any Car will do :)

Thanks for input guys.

Ry

I guess, I'm just trying to get a supra, without thinking of Insurance, Tax, Fuel, Maintaining, etc.

The only little car I like is, the Mk5 Fiesta Zetec S. But i guess if worst came to worst, Any Car will do :)

Thanks for input guys.

Ry

We are not trying to beat you down you've just got to think ahead about other things you have to buy.

Just start with a crappy car like a fiesta, 106, clio etc. Then wait for your no claims to go up then get a supra.

We are not trying to beat you down you've just got to think ahead about other things you have to buy.

Just start with a crappy car like a fiesta, 106, clio etc. Then wait for your no claims to go up then get a supra.

I know your not mate, It's a good thing that You lads give your opinions, which I'm Glad to listen to and take on board. Only been on here a couple of months, And I've already learnt loads, So giving me your opinions is a good thing!,

Some day, the day will come :D

we aren't being horrible mate, just trying to save you a small fortune. whats going to happen when you turn 18 and can drink legally and starting going to clubs and dancing with pretty girls?! :)

I Currently have a Girlfriend of 2 years, So its pretty serious, But she knows my love of supra's, ( Shes fine with it, As long as i don't look at other girls ) Her words Ha. :D:p

I know your not mate, It's a good thing that You lads give your opinions, which I'm Glad to listen to and take on board. Only been on here a couple of months, And I've already learnt loads, So giving me your opinions is a good thing!,

Some day, the day will come :D

Dont make the mistake i did and ask stupid questions because i got beat down for it and now im known for all the wrong reasons lol.

You sound like a cool kid but dont make a mistake of buying a supra at not being able to maintain it. Supra's are like women they can become very expensive if not looked after :sly:

Dont make the mistake i did and ask stupid questions because i got beat down for it and now im known for all the wrong reasons lol.

You sound like a cool kid but dont make a mistake of buying a supra at not being able to maintain it. Supra's are like women they can become very expensive if not looked after :sly:

I get you mate,

And women are expensive buggers:(

The reason why, I ask questions, Sorry if most of them are stupid:tongue:, But I'm Only young, So the more info and tips i get the better tbh :D

- - - Updated - - -

If you need any help just start a thread or drop me a PM.

Im roughly around your age so i should be able to answer your questions better than some of the old farts on here :cool:

Only joking guys :D

Cheers Bud!,

If you need any help just start a thread or drop me a PM.

Im roughly around your age so i should be able to answer your questions better than some of the old farts on here :cool:

I wouldn't say 37 was old but at 17/18 it does seem a world away I bet.

Getting older has it's benefits, wisdom, lower insurance etc.

I just wish I still had "chicken skin" like you young bucks..!!

H.

H.

You could say that, but on the other hand, Every year that goes past, It's a year closer for you to get your free bus pass:D;)

H.

I love getting old, when you can insure a Soarer TT for 140 quid a year youre doing something right!

As above OP dude, set your car sights lower, then lower them some more. 5 grand a year to insure a car?? Gulp!

Abz I thought I was bad! - Never knew how expensive parts were for these cars until we had the work done to dads one :blink:.

Yep, they are extremely reliable cars but when things go wrong they can be expensive as you guys found out.

I Currently have a Girlfriend of 2 years, So its pretty serious, But she knows my love of supra's, ( Shes fine with it, As long as i don't look at other girls ) Her words Ha. :D:p

You serious?! :blink:

You far too young to be serious, you got a lot to learn young man!! Your girlfriend should be worried, when I got my first Supra it caused quite a bit of attention :D