The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how can i get the most from my 3.0 n/a

skylinekid

right picking up my supra 2night just wanted to no if there's anything to do to get the most out the engine it already has a big zorst ant indution kit

Full service, replacing all fluids, filters, spark plugs, oxygen sensors, distributor cap, rotor arm and plug leads.

Sell the induction kit and fit a stock airbox.

Does the car still have the catalytic convertors fitted? If it does removing these and fitting decat pipes/tubular manifold + decat pipe will make the car feel a little more responsive and give small gain in hp (5-12hp). Note removing the cats and fitting an aftermarket tubular manifold will make the car very loud.

You could look around for a 2nd hand MINE's, TOMS or Blitz Access replacement 2JZ-GE ECU, not cheap but will remove the speed limiter, raise the rev limit slightly and give a small gain in response/power.

That's about it in terms of performance modifications worth doing, not cheap and the gains will only be modest.

Rather than chasing performance gains, I'd spend the money optimising the handling and braking.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Full service, replacing all fluids, filters, spark plugs, oxygen sensors, distributor cap, rotor arm and plug leads.

Sell the induction kit and fit a stock airbox.

Does the car still have the catalytic convertors fitted? If it does removing these and fitting decat pipes/tubular manifold + decat pipe will make the car feel a little more responsive and give small gain in hp (5-12hp). Note removing the cats and fitting an aftermarket tubular manifold will make the car very loud.

You could look around for a 2nd hand MINE's, TOMS or Blitz Access replacement 2JZ-GE ECU, not cheap but will remove the speed limiter, raise the rev limit slightly and give a small gain in response/power.

That's about it in terms of performance modifications worth doing, not cheap and the gains will only be modest.

Rather than chasing performance gains, I'd spend the money optimising the handling and braking.

So somewhat like I said then :D

right picking up my supra 2night just wanted to no if there's anything to do to get the most out the engine it already has a big zorst ant indution kit

Come round to my place, and stick it on the lawn. I have a horrendous ant problem right now ;)

I don't know why folks bother fitting thicker head-gaskets either, a stock N/A engine will take 1.1 bar of boost and give 500 horsepower.

hang on your telling me a stock n/a engine will take 1.1bar of boost and a turbo with standard internals ? i got the car cos it's a auto and cant use my skyline right now as i have second degree burns to my hand and arm so needed a auto for the next 6 weeks once i can drive a manual again then mite start playing if it can take a turbo that easy was planning on selling one of my skyline's in the near future anyway

hang on your telling me a stock n/a engine will take 1.1bar of boost and a turbo with standard internals ? i got the car cos it's a auto and cant use my skyline right now as i have second degree burns to my hand and arm so needed a auto for the next 6 weeks once i can drive a manual again then mite start playing if it can take a turbo that easy was planning on selling one of my skyline's in the near future anyway

The stock N/A engine will take 1.1 bar boost, but the N/A auto trans won't handle more than 300 ftlb for very long.

The stock j-spec turbos can handle 1.2 bar max! If you want more boost you will have to either buy hybrids which are steel internals or modify your j-spec turbos.

They'll handle more, but for how long..

Wishing you'd just saved for a TT yet, skylinekid? :p

You're humour is generally the best! You have me in tears sometimes.

Your*

I wouldn't of said that out loud as most people will think as we are both around 6years old we are on the same wavelength.

Have*

Good job you guys are only in year 2 :p

They'll handle more, but for how long..

Wishing you'd just saved for a TT yet, skylinekid? :p

no it was bought as a daily driver will convert to manual in 6 or so weeks when i'm all healed mite go turbo if i get bored or just buy one i was looking for a n/a auto and thats what i got