The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trial rear from Ebay...... Yes i said it......... Ebay.

Neil1985

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have a crack at most things so would be tempted to have a go at this.

It would be good if someone with a bit of knowledge/experience wrote a 'how to' guide about fitting a trial rear. In fact i'd happily buy the bumper, assist in the fitting, take the pics and do the write up if someone has the time, knowledge and desire to fit it.

I had an ebay jobby on the back my supra, cost 189 quid and was deliverey very quickly.. then i took it to the paintshop and they had a nightmare and nearly gave trying to fit it. needless to say they eventually go it on and in total cost me 350 for painting and fitting.

had a couple of issues at fixing points but these were rectified after a couple of visits back to the body shop.

It looked very nice from a distance but up close you could see some uneven gaps where the boot lid shuts.

all depends on your budget and which bodyshop you take it too

I have a rear trials bumper on mine now for about 8 months and its rock solid. If you can view it and touch it before purchase that be better especially when it comes to bodykits.

Bottom line is your call. Each one off us that buys replicas will have to have lady luck on our side and hope its a good copy.

Maybe invest in making some brackets for extra support if you are not sure.

Car is back from the bodyshop today with my Ebay Trial rear fitted. Got to say, I'm chuffed to bits with it. Needed a few bits to get it perfect, but here's a couple of pics, it's a perfect match to the car, although it doesn't look that way in the pictures. The car is filthy and covered in dust from the bumper being rubbed down. It's outside work in the sun at the minute and the colour match is superb, as I'd expect. Some of the same paint left over from the full respray I had last year. :D

That looks great mate. The best rear for the Supra in my opinion. If i wasn't doing a F&F car, that's what i'd have. :)

On a note about Knight Racer, I got my Bomex front and sideskirts for This car and Bomex front for my last Supra and there were no fitment issues at all. In fact, the bodyshop said they were the best fitting fiberglass parts i'd ever taken to them (and they've had a lot for various cars lol). In fact, the only bit's that have a fitment issue are the "genuine" bomex spats wjhich i didn't get from Knight Racer (only as he doesn't do them)

Peter

Looks good! Still there's no way I'd pay good money for a bumper, a replica at that and have to do re moulding, shaping or filing it! Id you don't have the skills to do that stuff yourself it's not cost effective as the body shop will charge a fortune when you could have just bought a proper one.... Good on you though for having the skills!

The exhaust hasn't been trimmed. The cutout underneath the bumper has so the exhaust doesn't rub. All exhaust are different shapes and sizes so I fully expected the cutout where the exhaust sits to need altering. Nothing extreme about that, although I must admit, if this is their improved mould, the old ones must have been crap. Even my bomex front, that had already been fitted to another supra before needed modifying for a perfect fit. I would never expect a fiberglass body kit part to fit without any alterations at all.