The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trial rear from Ebay...... Yes i said it......... Ebay.

Neil1985

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought 1 of these from another seller on ebay and to be honest i lined it up and thought it was pretty good. however my mate bought the same 1 from the guy you mentioned and it was aweful.. pay a bit more on ebay and you can get a pretty good rear bumper. i paid 270 i think it was

In the ebay description though, it says they are in Partnership with Knight Racer, and the business details at the bottom show Knight Racer's address. I've just bought one from Nemo_arta, due to be test fitted this weekend, the quality doesn't look that bad. We'll see! Should be sprayed and fitted by next Saturday.

Just a heads up, I've emailed Knight Racer, the £219 Trial bumpers on ebay are theirs. He also said that he could price match if you email through their website.

I've had pretty good feedback from other members that have bought through them, JohnnyG included.

Just a heads up, I've emailed Knight Racer, the £219 Trial bumpers on ebay are theirs. He also said that he could price match if you email through their website.

I've had pretty good feedback from other members that have bought through them, JohnnyG included.

That is somewhat a surprise. Who else minus Johnny G has had them as I might have a peek in their garage... Guessing he had it fitted elsewhere??

Revolution imports and Knight Racer are one in the same. I wouldn't buy from them ever again. I have heard of people getting decent bits from them, but its few and far in between. The bumper i got from them was really bad condition, and they totally ignored my emails. It's their fault they have a bad reputation, no-one else's.

That is somewhat a surprise. Who else minus Johnny G has had them as I might have a peek in their garage... Guessing he had it fitted elsewhere??

Not sure Graham, johnny is happy with his I believe. I spoke to him about it before Xmas. The one I bought looks OK to be fair, but I'll find out this weekend when we trial fit it before painting

Cheeers for all your advice. I dont think i will buy from them though. Just as it would be my luck to get a poor fitting one and i just need the hassle. Id rather pay more and get a quality one and from a rep company or from the forum.

Sumopower, original kits are the best, I did not even test fit my kit, it was sprayed and straight fit no problems. Pay the price now rather then later ;).

You should always test fit... even if you are using OEM parts as unless you are the first owner you never know if an adjoining panel has been moved in the past. As thos of you who know me form Rexis know I have imported well over a thousand cars to the UK and fitted body kits in our workshop in Japan to probably 10-15% of them. In my experience a "perfect fit" bodykit is a bit of an urban legend!

• 1 month later...

Had my Ebay Trial rear test fitted today, actually a Knight Racer Supplied one, but the same as this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MOULD-JDM-TRIAL-Toyota-Supra-JZA80-NA-TURBO-2JZ-Rear-Bumper-/140736029135?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20c48561cf

Fit wasn't horrendous. Not perfect though, did need heating up to fit properly, and will require some areas filling and extra fibreglass adding, Plus a lot of smooting work. Also the hole for the exhaust had to be trimmed a bit. (Nur Spec R) On the whole quite pleased so far. Will update once painted etc next week. Apologies for the pic being so far away!

Jesus I think people hope for too much these days, I mean whats a bit of re sculpting and smoothing take? Just a bit of motivation and basic skills surely these bumpers cant be so bad that people should avoid them. Im sorry but I just think its pure lazyness if you cant be bothered to make a bumper fit nicely. No matter what company it comes from I would always want to rework it to make sure it looked completely perfect from all angles. I would start worrying if it was made from cheese not because a hole is in the wrong place or it smells a bit funny....

I would buy it.