The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ultimate budget build.. project black dog!

dr_jekyll

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so anyway , a big thank you to our own wallis who very kindly donated a set of gte pistons amd so phase 2begins . ive been through alot of supras over the last few years so this ones going to be a keeper. i had a test in david_Ps car with the hybrid box and ill deffo be going for that. the way it engages instanly fills you with confidence tha it will take what im going to throw at it .

Did the car reach 350+ bhp on the 2 and a half K budget mate? Great thread, and car btw!

yea was no challange reallly mate, spent under 2300 iirc so ive striped it to push on and build a car i can keep and love. i took a shine to that ugly damaged silver na. it must have thaught the scrapyard was looming , but it will shine again

Guest adamoakley
yea was no challange reallly mate, spent under 2300 iirc so ive striped it to push on and build a car i can keep and love. i took a shine to that ugly damaged silver na. it must have thaught the scrapyard was looming , but it will shine again

Yeah did a cracking job mate, just shows what a bit of hard work can do with little budget!

Who mapped it? any dyno sheet?

Sounds risky, fuel pressure would only have to be a little different for the map to be useless, not that it matters now its in bits, good luck with the new project.

true point , but the initial idea was to build it dyno it then strip for bits. but the chassis felt so solid and nice to drive once id tidyd it up i had other ideas. the new engine will have a one off map and new pumps, new injectors on a fresh motor. so itle be a good reliablity test as i intend to get alot of use from this one.