The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ultimate budget build.. project black dog!

dr_jekyll

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this approach to motoring, cheap and do-able it gives NA owners ideas and motivation to get stuck in and stop listening to "just sell and buy a TT". What power you aiming for Craig? Where do you find the time to do this? :thumbs:

cheers fellas the car does lookg good and impleased with it.in all honesty it wasnt much of a challange. the total cost was £2300 if id of done it with out the optional parts. skirts ,lips paint ect i could have done it for around 2k.

the car will not be at supra pod. as it was a basic build ive already pulled the motor :) the plan was to build the car to prove a point and then sell it on to recoupe the invested funds.... buuut it really grown on me this ugly duckling and ive decided im going to keep it as a my road car inplace of my xkr . soooo i have beagun building another engine to a similar spec to the one in me track car:) ill mate it up to one of david p's hybrid boxes and it will be a 500bhp car for less than 3k ;). ill be selling my black na auto tofree up some cash and space and then ill get back on this one. but its a nice car and in the 6-7 miles ive done in it it felt lovely and tight with a good turn of pace.

lol. dont think that would go down too well. so time to get things in order.

things to do

build engine;

acl race barings

tt pistons

oem head gaskett

550cc injectors

fresh seals/ gaskets ect

collect and fit hybrid box

upgrade fuel setup;

im going to run 2 oem pumps. on that note . if anybody has the correct way to wire twin pumps from the pump ecu they thet dont run when the motor stops that would be great

ive been having filthy perverted thaughts today.

if im going to build another engine , i might aswell make this the last one i build for myself and go nuts ( by my terms)

650 na-t horspower sounds tempting maybee toooo tempting.

hears what im thinking;

gte pistons

0.9mm steel gaskett

800cc injectors

gt4088 garrett (got one lieing around anyway)

k6 standalone

on plug coils

acl race barings

arp head bolts

im pretty sure this engine on 1.5 bar should surpass 600bhp with the static ratio of the tt pistons and the 0,9mm gasket but i would like it if someone could work the comp ratio out for me as im not sure if i have it rite ,

should make for a loovely responceive torqy motor with a good kick in the back