The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ultimate budget build.. project black dog!

dr_jekyll

i had the garage gnomb with me so we both got stuck in. the wireing on this thing is horendus. ive cut 3 birds nest oput allready. there are miles of un used wires twisted and taped in with open live ends under the dash. its really terible , there is a good few houres of wire renewing to get it all back to a factory setup. but what must be done

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as im free from work mate, i will pop down and sort the wiring if you want. Its chaotic on the calsonic contract at the moment. Not too far from having the 14a on the road ready for a painting session with you.

got most of thw wireing done today so everything works as it should. also started on body reapir with my expensive lazer gudied jig. pics to come

Lazier guided jig! Where we're you hiding that one when me and Lewis came down :D

Well done on the wiring, does suck to have to spend time doing something just to put it to how it should be like but still has the same sense of satisfaction when you look at the completed article I think :D

b;3389071']Lazier guided jig! Where we're you hiding that one when me and Lewis came down :D

Well done on the wiring, does suck to have to spend time doing something just to put it to how it should be like but still has the same sense of satisfaction when you look at the completed article I think :D

it was outside wating :)

cheers mate ;),

stripped the suspension off the car today and found some rite horrors. its beond me how people can "repair" cars like this and not care abourt how many people they may kill.

so we had ;

brake lines from what looked like an old ldv van coupled on with a nut... yest a nut and batterd in mastic to slow the leak. (the brakes were terrible) this is part of the reason why.

cracked bleed nippl "filled" with what looked like epoxy resin. (this is not a jaoke}

rear springs on the front dampers. and to compensate for the shorter softer spring to get the ride height up thay had cut pipe as a spacer to go under the bottom suspension mount and used long bolts to bolt it down.

can wait to get into the rear suspension... oh and ther were no drop links lol.

it really feels like im saving this car from years of torture. like a rescue dog. i will make it beutifull again. it deservs it after the abuse and neglect its sufferd

cheers mate ;),

stripped the suspension off the car today and found some rite horrors. its beond me how people can "repair" cars like this and not care abourt how many people they may kill.

so we had ;

brake lines from what looked like an old ldv van coupled on with a nut... yest a nut and batterd in mastic to slow the leak. (the brakes were terrible) this is part of the reason why.

cracked bleed nippl "filled" with what looked like epoxy resin. (this is not a jaoke}

rear springs on the front dampers. and to compensate for the shorter softer spring to get the ride height up thay had cut pipe as a spacer to go under the bottom suspension mount and used long bolts to bolt it down.

can wait to get into the rear suspension... oh and ther were no drop links lol.

it really feels like im saving this car from years of torture. like a rescue dog. i will make it beutifull again. it deservs it after the abuse and neglect its sufferd

:blink::blink::blink: pictures ?

also made a start on the turbo ,

now i thaught id do things a bit differently for the oil return. because its an auto i dont need to change a clutch so pulling the engine just foe the oil returne is a bit too much effort for me. that coupled with the auto box cooler lines being in the way lead me to go down a different route.

so i decided to put the return in the steel lower sump . just by raising the engine a few cm i can unbolt the lower sump and slide it out.

the pics should tell a better story

attachment.php?attachmentid=151416&d=1336589990

attachment.php?attachmentid=151417&d=1336590074

attachment.php?attachmentid=151418&d=1336590200

this will now all be welded up when i get some gas

P090512_14.59.jpg

P090512_15.00.jpg

P090512_15.00_[01].jpg

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)