The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 2012 - Who is coming

Tom S

I was going to post up last night but went to bed knackered instead.

Well, what a great weekend. I have had mixed feelings on the run up to this as one minute I was going, next I wasn't. The main reasons I kept changing my mind were due to the uncertainty of other members who may/may not have attended. In the end we ended up with a relatively small group but what a group it was..!!

The banter and feeling of being in such a tight knit group was wonderful. People helping out with cooking, tidying up, others helping with cleaning and fixing other members cars and Ady pretty much pulling everything out of his "Sport Billy" bag. How you seem to have everthing everybody needs on your person is beyond me, I imagine your pockets are like a Tardis. Dave (Supraloopy) got a fair bit of stick for his knew "gym buddah" body and although I was impressed with how he has sorted himself out physically, I found it a lot easier to take the pi$$ than compliment him. With comments like "Sh!t, it's Shrek" and "Here comes ED 209" Burna and I were on form. Burna was his usual self which is a little bit worring at times...:D

The point of my post is that an event like JAE is only as good as the people that come and the efforts they make to integrate themselves into the group. Some old members know each other but everybody, old and new to me were pleasant it made things much more enjoyable. I am hoping that next year with Tom, Wile. Lui etc organising and drumming up interest we can make next years event even better. The Playstation and videos outside were a master stroke and there are already other ideas being banded around. I actually thought that this JAE would be my last as I feel the event isn't really taken seriously by a large number of members and that disappoints me.

Now a day after getting home I hope we can make this a slightly bigger and if possible, better event for all who attend. My suggestion was to make the list of attendees more exclusive in the short term and maybe offer tickets for around 20 cars maximum. There were a lot of people who put their names on the list and in the end didn't attend for whatever reason.

Thanks to everyone who made my weekend a joy and special thanks to Tom, Wile and Amanda who ensured that things were catered for giving me a relaxing time.

H.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I would just like to thank you all for a great weekend. Another Great JAE the best yet! Special thanks to Darren (Wile e coyote) and his partner Amanda for all there efforts. It was great to see some old faces Dave (Supraloppy) and Tom with his megaphone! And to meet new people. I hope the club will attend next year as there was talk of this JAE being the last one. The weather was amazing which added to the altogether brilliant weekend. I think the club defiantly needs to invest in a fire pit as this was a great success creating a focal point for everyone. Not to mention some warmth as it got bl**dy cold in the evening. Lets hope the pictures whet the appetite for members to attend next year.

Now I’ve had a good night’s sleep in my own bed and have recovered, just want to reiterate what everyone else has said. HUGE thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make this week-end so fab. Never laughed so much in ages so many characters and everyone got on like a house on fire!

Amanda you little lumberjack!

Vicki x

Dave (Supraloopy) got a fair bit of stick for his knew "gym buddah" body and although I was impressed with how he has sorted himself out physically, I found it a lot easier to take the pi$$ than compliment him. With comments like "Sh!t, it's Shrek" and "Here comes ED 209" Burna and I were on form.

A bit of stick!!!! But tbh I have not laughed so hard and for so long in years. It was a great weekend Thanks again to all who made it that way :-)

Just wanted to say I had a great weekend with you guys :) So glad I made the last minute descision to come. I will definetely be there next year, can I have a ready made tent again please :D

Adi, or my nanny as I call him, looked after me the minute I arrived! Thanks mate, the beer tasted so much better knowing you were making my bed for me lol Also thanks Havard for tucking me up in bed, glad you didn't use your Mrs inflatable butt plug on me! ;) Can we have ED209 as security again next year please? We all need to get in training so we can all 'Do a Dave'

It really felt like a family with the group we had, loved every minute of it :)

Hi we have just found the thread to the JAE weekend, sorry for not saying earlier what a great time we had, and to thank everyone involved in the organisation of the weekend.

Especially Darren Mandy and Tom what stars you were. Look forward to next year and hope to see some of you before next year at other events.

Fond Regards Dave and Jen West.