Gauging Interest on a potential GroupBuy- Carbon Fibre Exhaust surround

ripped_fear

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think you shud cull the number at 25. and aution the last remaining places that havent been filled up yet. i dont know why people are fighting for first place, the last few ones are going to be better with his improving skills :D

i think you shud cull the number at 25. and aution the last remaining places that havent been filled up yet. i dont know why people are fighting for first place, the last few ones are going to be better with his improving skills :D

I would love to mate but not sure I will have the time to do 25 lol we shall see. And the comment about improving skill is a very good point. :p

Major set back today, sent it off to be clear coated and for some reason the lacquer turned the wrap black despite the test being fine?? God knows why.

So spent ages stripping it back, think the next option is to carbon skim it which could cause problems for the GB as Im not sure I will be able to keep the price down. The other option is to carbon wrap it and just be happy without it being glossy although for me personally I'm not sure I would be happy.

Going to order a carbon skim kit and see how I get one. Im affraid guys the wait is going to be a bit longer.

I'm going to do my own in carbon skin I think, and this will tell me if its a fesable thing to do for around 15 items, As Stevo has stated it is going to take allot of time.(He should know)

I dont mind putting in the work, just not sure I actually have enough spare time with work and my own build, to do the quantity I hoped plus the price will go up. The original price does not cover my hours but if carbon skinning is the way this goes I will have to charge a bit.

• 3 weeks later...