The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauging Interest on a potential GroupBuy- Carbon Fibre Exhaust surround

ripped_fear

mate , Doing an awesome job :)!, i read through but couldnt see how you are carbon-ing it?

Dipping or wrap?

Thanks bud and the orginal plan was to wrap it, and coat in a clear coat or resin, but am looking into actually laying real carbon onto it.

So still un-decided, got a few test to do, on some different products before I make the decision.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted it on behalf of Super Steveo as it ended up in another thread.

1.) Joiner91

2.) Bradleyh_15

3.) Suprad06

4.) Geo

5.) Supraman

6.) ajlittler

7.) tkddav3

8.) monkpower

9.) JakeG

10) Johnsupra1

11) pjavon

12) welsbuddy

13) lexmk4

14) Supra Gaz

15) dive_popo

16) mitchell9006

17) l.chris97

18) jake supra

19) Dan_Turism0

20) SupraDan24

21) supra steveo

the kit isnt very expensive and surely you should be able to get 3 out of 1 kit?

30cm x 100cm carbon

Maybe mate, but you have to remember in the £50 price tag I also have to cover, postage, fibre glass, resin, filler, etc etc. It soon mounts up.

I still havent disregarded it though.

Maybe mate, but you have to remember in the £50 price tag I also have to cover, postage, fibre glass, resin, filler, etc etc. It soon mounts up.

I still havent disregarded it though.

Yeah, it does soon mount up, and remember you need to put a price on your own time too obviously.

This method takes longer and although you're not doing this solely for profit, you need to get something out of it. Even minimum wage is £6 per hour!

Yeah, it does soon mount up, and remember you need to put a price on your own time too obviously.

This method takes longer and although you're not doing this solely for profit, you need to get something out of it. Even minimum wage is £6 per hour!

I have been working it out hour wise, and even to this point I have put over 4hour worth of work into it, and the hours wouldn't even be covered in the price :) TBH this doesn't concern me too much as this is just a one off thing to help some people out. Im hoping buying the products in fair size quantitys I will be able to get the price down my end. :)

Is there any chance i can get in on one of these when there ready i have been looking for one for ages :)

Yes mate, No worries. There will however be limited numbers made. I will keep this thread update on the final product and then i will make a new one with the actual group buy. Keep your eyes peeled for that :)

Nice work bud, I was having a think about this last night, iirc the times I have seen people testing clearcoat over carbon wrap it has been a spray can and didn't come out well, if you could get a hold of just the Resin that comes with the carbonmodz kit then I think it would work fine over the carbon wrap stuff :)

Nice work bud, I was having a think about this last night, iirc the times I have seen people testing clearcoat over carbon wrap it has been a spray can and didn't come out well, if you could get a hold of just the Resin that comes with the carbonmodz kit then I think it would work fine over the carbon wrap stuff :)

Thanks bud this is one option, and probably will be the option that is selected as it will give the best of both worlds, cheap price and nice result. But if I use clear coat it WILL NOT be a rattle can it will be done using top spec car clear coat. I have had clear coat used over the top of lots of things inthe past and all have turned out well, but this will be decided soon as to weather it will work on this or not.