The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newie from maidstone kent

Chris6t9

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris,

I'm over in Higham so not too far from you either mate.

Best of luck with the purchase, and let us know if you want a second pair of eyes to look things over.

The main difference between J-spec and UK is the blades in the UK turbo's are metal, unlike the J-spec that are ceramic. Does mean the J-spec can spool quicker, but also more prone to failure if they let go!! ;) The UK turbo's also handle more boost when you push to BPU.

As Robzki mentioned the J-spec came with less power through choice/the gentleman's agreement, they do have the same power levels as the UK/European models.

Hi Chris,

I'm over in Higham so not too far from you either mate.

Best of luck with the purchase, and let us know if you want a second pair of eyes to look things over.

The main difference between J-spec and UK is the blades in the UK turbo's are metal, unlike the J-spec that are ceramic. Does mean the J-spec can spool quicker, but also more prone to failure if they let go!! ;) The UK turbo's also handle more boost when you push to BPU.

As Robzki mentioned the J-spec came with less power through choice/the gentleman's agreement, they do have the same power levels as the UK/European models.

The uk models come with full leather and heated seats aswell which sounds pretty nice to me :p but i cant imagine there being many around!

The UK specs do tend to be harder to find than the jspec, as quite a few of them have gone to europe due to import laws i believe.

However, keep looking around and im sure you will find something you like. as i said previously, just take your time and dont rush into a buy.

If i was you, id also take up Peter P on his offer of a second set of eyes, as he will know what hes looking for.

Yea thanks, if anyone does see a nice white uk tt around please let me know. A uk one would probably be best as im sure the insurance would be cheaper aswell for me, but cant check that right now am at work.

Also it would make life easier aswell if they offer px. I can still buy it if not but would just make life a tiny bit easier lol.

No problem.......bored at work lol

Im sure there will be some on private sales too somewhere. UK TT6 are quite rare right now, and those that do have them dont tend to want to part with them, knowing it would be hard to get one again in the future. Also white is a very 'IN' colour right now, so again will be hard to find.

Just keep looking and im sure you will find something :)

No problem.......bored at work lol

Im sure there will be some on private sales too somewhere. UK TT6 are quite rare right now, and those that do have them dont tend to want to part with them, knowing it would be hard to get one again in the future. Also white is a very 'IN' colour right now, so again will be hard to find.

Just keep looking and im sure you will find something :)

Yea i know. Not many around right now in white. My mates gone and bought a toyota celica GT4 in white and is doing his wheels black. They will both look very nice together i think! :)

Found one but the wheels look aweful and the price is a bit too high.

http://www.paulbrowncars.co.uk/car_UK-SPEC-TT6-mint-car--with-genuine-low-miles-Toyota-_80_30_index.php

Those are stock wheels bud, it's strange that they are listing it as low miles without listing the miles though.

Paul is pretty fair to deal with from what I have noticed on the forum. The price is a little high IMO but it might reflect the mileage and condition.

Welcome to the club mate. another kent owner :-) should pop down to the next bluewater meet. first friday of every month. if you need anyone to view any supras let me know. i know these cars inside out and fix quite a few members cars.

Thanks mate! I have attended a few meets with my Honda civic Type R, with the Type R owners club, but i thought bluewaters meets were not allowed anymore due to some people messing about doing wheelspins ect...

I took this picure of one when i went, looks lovley. So whos is it? :p

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7122/19913411620187845674210.th.jpg

Thanks mate! I have attended a few meets with my Honda civic Type R, with the Type R owners club, but i thought bluewaters meets were not allowed anymore due to some people messing about doing wheelspins ect...

I took this picure of one when i went, looks lovley. So whos is it? :p

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7122/19913411620187845674210.th.jpg

That'd be Rob Mitchell who owns that beauty mate. ;)

He did pop a post up early on as he's a local who does superb bodywork, chroming, engine builds etc. Very impressed with Rob's high standards.

Going back to your UK vs J-spec saga, I'm lucky enough to say I've owned both so can comment on each ones merits.

UK spec is nice with the leather, bigger brakes, bonnet scoop (not sure on the bumper dildo's! Lol - they are washer jets for the headlights by the way, just look like dildo's! ;)), bigger injectors, clocks in MPH etc. Only thing is they are getting old now, with big mileage, worn seats and suspension etc. UK roads are also much harsher than the ones in Japan, so rust underneath and along the sills, wheel arches is quite common. Don't get me wrong, there are nice lower mileage cars out there, but they come at a price. My UK was lovely after I threw £10-15K at it! ;) Lol.

If you do need someone to look at a prospective purchase, let me or supraturbochris know fella.

Hope this helps.

:thumbs:

That'd be Rob Mitchell who owns that beauty mate. ;)

He did pop a post up early on as he's a local who does superb bodywork, chroming, engine builds etc. Very impressed with Rob's high standards.

Going back to your UK vs J-spec saga, I'm lucky enough to say I've owned both so can comment on each ones merits.

UK spec is nice with the leather, bigger brakes, bonnet scoop (not sure on the bumper dildo's! Lol - they are washer jets for the headlights by the way, just look like dildo's! ;)), bigger injectors, clocks in MPH etc. Only thing is they are getting old now, with big mileage, worn seats and suspension etc. UK roads are also much harsher than the ones in Japan, so rust underneath and along the sills, wheel arches is quite common. Don't get me wrong, there are nice lower mileage cars out there, but they come at a price. My UK was lovely after I threw £10-15K at it! ;) Lol.

If you do need someone to look at a prospective purchase, let me or supraturbochris know fella.

Hope this helps.

:thumbs:

Cheers pete, well ill be hanging around on this thread for quite a while till i find one posting up ones i like. Please let me know if any of them look a bit dodge and ill take your word for it and avoid! lol

But your basically saying to buy an import?

Cheers pete, well ill be hanging around on this thread for quite a while till i find one posting up ones i like. Please let me know if any of them look a bit dodge and ill take your word for it and avoid! lol

But your basically saying to buy an import?

No mate, if you can source the right UK car for a price you can afford, go for it mate. All I'm saying is you will normally find a better J-spec more frequently, and at a lower cost (normally I said! ;)). With the saving you make on a good condition J-spec over a rarer UK model, you can afford the difference in insurance between the two.

There's a good thread on the different insurance companies you can try mate. Worth shopping around as with the car fella! :)

Try being patient as well (I can't as I'm an impulsive sod! Lol), as others on here have bagged blinding deals most of us can only dream about! :rolleyes::D

You limit yourself wanting a manual though mate, as they are in shorter supply over the autos, and usually command higher prices £9-10K approx for a clean stock J-spec. UK TT 6-spd's in White are quite hard to come by, so if that's what you want, be prepared to wait a while! :)