1999 VVTI SUPRA in RSP going via auction tonight 100km only wow

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am glad you said that as I hadn't been brave enough. Some interesting cars there but not the condition I was expecting in a museum.

H.

Interesting indeed, but like you said not to our standards... Then again we are both a little anal (you more than me!) :D

The chap who owns them was on site when we were there too.

Interesting indeed, but like you said not to our standards... Then again we are both a little anal (you more than me!) :D

The chap who owns them was on site when we were there too.

Ooh, I hope I didn't say anything offensive.

Yet surprisingly you have not once owned a black supra!

No but if one would have come available at the right spec and price I would have had it in a heartbeat..!!

Why would it be criminal to drive it? would be no different to spending 100k+ on a Porsche or what ever and not even use it. This would seem to be as new a Supra as you could get and cars are meant to be driven after all are they not? To be put in a museum or unused in a private collection would be the criminal thing surely?Best colour, in the right spec and probably the lowest mileage ever ! Someone will be a very happy bunny with it - I would

Car was ranked as condition 4 - same as mine when I bought it, mine had 110000kms...

If i remember correctly, 4 means good condition for the age, one would expect a car like this to be at least a 4.5..

Looking at the auction sheet, it has alot of scratches and a dent.. (FL fender has 4 big scratches)

For the price it will go for, I would not want to buy it and have to spend money on paintwork...

Starting bid is 1,350,000 yen...

Car was ranked as condition 4 - same as mine when I bought it, mine had 110000kms...

If i remember correctly, 4 means good condition for the age, one would expect a car like this to be at least a 4.5..

Looking at the auction sheet, it has alot of scratches and a dent.. (FL fender has 4 big scratches)

For the price it will go for, I would not want to buy it and have to spend money on paintwork...

Starting bid is 1,350,000 yen...

That's not very good it should be immaculate for the mileage that's if the mileage is genuine.

Somethings not tying up here lol, that mileage, that year, couple of small scratches and marks etc.

well I doubt it's been in a hermetically sealed garage for +10 yrs............things just sitting around will pick up the odd mark to two from moving stuff around/over it or repositioning it where it was stored..

Somethings not tying up here lol, that mileage, that year, couple of small scratches and marks etc.

well I doubt it's been in a hermetically sealed garage for +10 yrs............things just sitting around will pick up the odd mark to two from moving stuff around/over it or repositioning it where it was stored..

Yep, just as Scooter mentioned.

Mine was low mileage but you could tell it had been sitting there for some time, body work was fairly clean but the paint not very good.

Your dream car Scott!! Get your wallet out!! :)

Will be interested to know what this sold for. It's stunning! The few marks would pale into insignificance for a car of that stature!

How would the mechanical's of the car be afftected with this car being so old and unused?

Would there be a process to start using a car like this again?

I'd imagine change of fluids, and just a check to ensure all rubber parts etc are not shot, not sure by you can manually turn the engine over?

Then it should be all good! It is a Toyota at the end of the day ;)

I'd imagine change of fluids, and just a check to ensure all rubber parts etc are not shot, not sure by you can manually turn the engine over?

Then it should be all good! It is a Toyota at the end of the day ;)

Suppose you right, it should be ok with a bit of TLC...

I hope they at least changed the engine oil in the past 13 years..