The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MissBanzai charity tunnel run 2012

essexgt4

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awsome run had a real good night. Soz about jumping ahand a bit I like drifting and hand to go watch.

Think I saw you all entering the drift part as I was leaving.

Had a good night tho, looking forward to the videos :-)

Jason, your car sounds insane... hopefully we got some good footage!

Great night again! Thanks to Branners for sorting out the route, we did pretty well staying together as much as we could!

ScottC - Hope you are alright mate & get home safe

Jason, your car sounds insane... hopefully we got some good footage!

Great night again! Thanks to Branners for sorting out the route, we did pretty well staying together as much as we could!

Thanks ABZ :-) yeh everyone tells me it spits some nice size flames out the back too. Videos should be cool :-).

And yes big thanks to Branners, think we all just followed you, real glad you spotted the cams too. I seen so many people get flash larst night.

Thanks ABZ :-) yeh everyone tells me it spits some nice size flames out the back too. Videos should be cool :-).

And yes big thanks to Branners, think we all just followed you, real glad you spotted the cams too. I seen so many people get flash larst night.

Speaking of cameras.. I think I hit one on my way back.. Blackwall tunnel towards A13.. I think I was doing about 45mph or so in a 40.. does that mean 3 points on my licence or do they just fine you if the speed is low?

Now I'm sure if it was the blackwall tunnel.. It's a very long tunnel with a couple of S bends.. any idea? Is it the Limehouse tunnel? It was the second tunnel we hit I think..

Was a good night and a great turn out, I think me and Daniel Craig :) saw the last car come in with 432 stamped on it. Just want to say a big thanks the James for letting me ride shotgun in his Supra and dragging me around, first ride in a BPU TT6 and it was an aero :cool:

Secondly, A MASSIVE thanks to Branners for being kind enough to go out of his way and drop me off home, a true gent if there ever was one. If either of you two find my keys in your car I would be grateful if you could let me know, they were my last set :(

Hope everyone got home safely and Scott, I hope you're feeling better :)

I saw you guys at various points during the night but always going in the opposite direction so couldn't join you! :( thought I'd go along to the run as a last drive before the car goes but I have to say, I was a little disappointed. It's the 1st time I've been, the 1st 2 hours or so was literally bumper to bumper traffic until the London Eye, then after that when we got going there were speed cameras everywhere and in every tunnel. Most of them average cameras at 20mph. There are going tone a lot of tickets going out as there were so many people hooning though them! Got a bit bored after crawling through like 2 tunnels at 20mph/30mph in 1st gear!! Lol.

Still, the experience of being part of 400 odd Jap cars streaming through central London was worth it. Never again though.

Was a good night and a great turn out, I think me and Daniel Craig :) saw the last car come in with 432 stamped on it. Just want to say a big thanks the James for letting me ride shotgun in his Supra and dragging me around, first ride in a BPU TT6 and it was an aero :cool:

Secondly, A MASSIVE thanks to Branners for being kind enough to go out of his way and drop me off home, a true gent if there ever was one. If either of you two find my keys in your car I would be grateful if you could let me know, they were my last set :(

Cheecky... Don't make me give you the gold finger.. :p

Special thanks to Q for my rockets..

That was certainly a busy old evening. Next time I will go round Parliament square as that would have taken about 20 minutes off the queue time along Embankment.

Starting to find the sheer number of speed cameras on the routes annoying. There's just never enough space to open the car up. Can't help thinking a speed camera will appear in the Puddle Dock Blackfriars second tunnel some time, thats the one where the police were sitting and waiting.

Saw a lot of Supras while on the drive round, was an epic night and something really worth being part of. Cameras were annoying but the drift tunnel made up for all of that. :) got back to Yarmouth at 6:30am and up again at 9 for football. Loved it. Londong didnt know what hit it!

Guest Budz86

I must say it was a hectic evening! My better half spent most of it with her head in her hands as it was constant boot it, BRAKE! Think she almost had a number of heart attacks! Great evening to be part of and less than £60 in fuel, bonus!

Again massive thanks to JB for being our human sat nav, we had no chance of completing it otherwise! Hope everyone got back ok and no one got any tickets!

Had a fab night and soo good to be back in the supra well worth taking it out of hibernation. A big thanks to Branners for keeping us together and also for holding us back at the right points. Would def be up for the next one x

Had a fab night and soo good to be back in the supra well worth taking it out of hibernation. A big thanks to Branners for keeping us together and also for holding us back at the right points. Would def be up for the next one x

Your car looked stunning! Saw you at the beginning of the night at the services but lost you. I couldn't find the forum bunch. :o(

Such an epic night! Few points of note;

Nice to see everyone again and meet a few new faces :) I think it's much more fun to stay as a group!

Fitz, anytime mate, it was a pleasure to have you along, and thanks for mapreading :D Shame you fell prey to the classic supra seats key trap! They're on their way to you via 1st class post!

A big thankyou to Branners for leading the queue of grinning idiots in supra's around london! A sterling job, and nice to meet you. I was gutted when you got flashed by that camera in the limehouse link, bloody thing, I was flashing my lights at you like mad trying to get you to stop, but you were in full blown hooning mode :)

Speed camera's. It's absolutely appauling how many of them there are. It's just one big money spinner these days. Put them outside schools where they can do something worthwhile! And the only tunnel without camera's had the plod sitting in it! Obviously there was no other crime occuring in london on saturday night, as they managed to find the time to go and aggravate the participants of what is, let us not forget, a charity event!

Looking forward to the video :)

Yep, I finally saw a stretch of open tunnel and floored it, forgot they had a camera in the middle stretch of the tunnel now and the satnav didnt beep to warn me.

Hoping I dont receive anything in the post as I wasnt that close to 30mph when I went past it...

I can probably do that route now without a satnav, just the left turn at Blackfriars station caught me out this time. Next time i will take everybody up around London Wall and Barbican. No cameras and big tunnels.

Was certainly great to meet some new faces, fantastic we done it together as much as possible in a group.

Some serious flames indeed! Hopefully we got some of it on footage!

Speaking of cameras.. I think I hit one on my way back.. Blackwall tunnel towards A13.. I think I was doing about 45mph or so in a 40.. does that mean 3 points on my licence or do they just fine you if the speed is low?

Blackwall tunnel doesn't have any, well it has average speed ones which don't flash.

I think you might have gone through Limehouse Link tunnel which has the yellow boxes hanging at the top, one as you enter the tunnel, one in the middle and one at the end. If the speed is low enough then you can opt for a speed awareness course, but I wouldn't worry until something comes through the post! Lets hope enough people went through it so the film was finished!

Was a good night and a great turn out, I think me and Daniel Craig...

Chucky soooo looks like Daniel Craig! :D

Just texted Scott as I haven't heard from him yet.

When will we see the video? Abz didn't holdup the entire London for nothing..

Scott is our video guru, you should have seen the amount of kit he had on him when he turned up at my place!

He decided to use just the GoPro's and handheld recording device with mic.

when are we going to get some pics???? :)

Don't know if anyone took any pictures, I should have took my camera with me but I have been lazy & haven't really brought out for a few events. Infact I think the last time I used it was at Dragonball! Anyway video's will be better than pictures ;)

Looking forward to the go pro cams to be put up, can't wait to see if it got my mate in the back flashing her booblies lol

She did what?! Bet Scott is rewinding and going over and over the footage's :D

Yep, I finally saw a stretch of open tunnel and floored it, forgot they had a camera in the middle stretch of the tunnel now and the satnav didnt beep to warn me.

Hoping I dont receive anything in the post as I wasnt that close to 30mph when I went past it...

I can probably do that route now without a satnav, just the left turn at Blackfriars station caught me out this time. Next time i will take everybody up around London Wall and Barbican. No cameras and big tunnels.

Let's hope you was too quick for them!!

Thinking about it, is it worth us doing a club tunnel run? Less cars on the road then, we can dot down exactly where all the camera's are etc.

How fast do you think it was Banners? I know I was going around 45 now the problem is I can't remember if it was a 30 or 40 zone.. Crap..