The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car cover

drift_bear

this is the reply i got from mplavery regarding the halfords XL cover

I have the extra large car cover from halfords, very pleased with mine and there made well IMO. As most of you guys know that my car is kitted out and it fits fine, Also come with two straps which go underneath ( front and rear ) to stop the cover from blowing off..

Girlfriend has one for her 350Z too

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got a really good one for sale that was tailor made for a wingless supra from the states, its brand new and never used (just tried on once to see how it fitted and it fitted like a savile row suit!), red in colour, ill find out a few more details if anyone is intrested, its an outdoor cover btw, got it to cover the car when i was building my house but got a spot in a garage so never ended up needing it! cost me a forture from what i remember but have to say it is top quality tbh!

I might be interested for the right price. Mine has never had a spoiler fitted so yours would be better than one with a pocket for it and would be sold with the car. Post some decent pics if you can? :)

I have the extra large car cover from halfords, very pleased with mine and there made well IMO. As most of you guys know that my car is kitted out and it fits fine, Also come with two straps which go underneath ( front and rear ) to stop the cover from blowing off..

Girlfriend has one for her 350Z too

Is there much hanging down to the floor when it fits on yours, just wandering if there's any chance of it fitting on a Wide Arch, a couple of pics would be handy

I also have a Halfords XL all weather outdoor cover. The inside of the cover has a soft lint material & the outside is water proof. It also has elastic front & back which wrap nicely over the front & rear bumper, plus 2 straps which go across underneath. Mine will be back under its cover Sunday night so I'll take a photo.

Though if you want the ultimate cover, speak to DarronQ, his one is stunning :cool:

Is there much hanging down to the floor when it fits on yours, just wandering if there's any chance of it fitting on a Wide Arch, a couple of pics would be handy

I would say no mate, Think you would struggle covering the car with a wide arch, they also only go to a extra large

Take a pic of my car with the cover on ...... Mmmmmmm I will try buts it's a pain in the ass at the mo, Its all put away in the garage with the battery off on charge

Just found out that the cover from halfords fits the body style that have and also over the TRD spoiler.

/QUOTE]

It doesnt mate - i have stock bodied car, do luck front and trd spoiler - i have the XL halfords one and it leaves half the back wheels uncovered im afraid. still looking for a decent replacement myself :)

It doesnt mate - i have stock bodied car, do luck front and trd spoiler - i have the XL halfords one and it leaves half the back wheels uncovered im afraid. still looking for a decent replacement myself :)

Yeah dude I noticed that today lol, might just take the TRD off for winter

Halfords Advanced All Seasons Car Cover Extra Large Product Description

The Halfords Advanced All Seasons Car Cover helps to protect your vehicle and help keep it looking new. The cover can be used on your car if it is stored in the garage to prevent dust getting on to the paintwork. It can also be used to cover your car outside, helping to protect it from the elements that could be potentially damaging.

it is quick and easy to fit, with elasticated end panels that fit around the cars bumper and straps that secure underneath the car to ensure the cover remains safely fitted. It can be used in all weathers, prevents UV rays from damaging the car as well as having the ability to protect your car from snow and ice

This cover is clearly not "hurricane proof" as mine has just been wripped of the car!! if it wasnt thanks to the 2 slabs against the rear bumper and the rear elastic and strap it would of been gone! i wonder if they do hurricane damage returns/replacements :think: since the cover did cost me £84.99

DAMN YOU HURRICANE BAWBAG!! **shakes fist with anger and laughs at the name**

LOL

take it back if your not happy with it, Though im not sure there expecting the cover to stay on at 130mph winds which you have up there lol

You do have it on back to front though mate, Im really happy with mine

ill wait till this wind dies down, have a look at it and repair it (if i can) and then put it on the proper way :D haha.

I've got a couple of Tyvek ones, soft lining, waterproof outer. One is almost brand new, with a slight hole and some dirt marks, the other is well used but might do for a cheap stand in. £30 for one, £15 for t'other, plus a fiver for postage.

After hurricane bawbag yesterday i decided to to a "repair" on my car cover since it was ripped and blown half off. Heres it re-fitted again and round the right way this time (just for you mplavery :p )

the tyre on the roof is a hurricane prevention device, it should warn them to stay away :D