The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Smashed up supra on motorway cops BBC 1 NOW

Supra-Brett

The Police Officer - His mouth began talking. He seemed a nice guy, if a bit dim. Standard Policeman, doing a bit of Tyre checking for the camera and telling us the goings on.

IMO because the car wasn't suitable for the wife and kids to go shopping in, he didn't believe it to be suitable for the road.

It was so suitable for the road it seemed to want to spread itself all over the surface of it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MR2 will snap if you push it, there's no way it will let go like that during normal driving though. Never had the supra even think about twitching on me either, in all sorts of weather, other when I have been naughty with the loud pedal.

Having owned an MR2 turbo before I can vouch for this. The tail end just wants to break free at the very change it gets. As for the Supra, only one I nearly had the tail end sliding and that was on a very damp road. However, I must say I had plenty of feedback and was given ample chance to correct it. I've never driven a TT so can't comment there!

Ive never met Little Num, or the police officer, or the witness.

The witness - seemed rather angry at life, boo-hooing about his children in the car, and that the car had strange equipment in it.

IMO the witness wanted to sensationalize the whole incident and whip it up into something more extravagant than it actually was.

And you wouldn't boo-hoo if you were in your car with your wife and kids and all of a sudden a sports car comes hurtling off a slip road, spins and crashes and causes all kinds of mayhem? He didn't sensationalise at all, nor was he angry, in fact he was quite calm and rational.

The Police Officer - His mouth began talking. He seemed a nice guy, if a bit dim. Standard Policeman, doing a bit of Tyre checking for the camera and telling us the goings on.

IMO because the car wasn't suitable for the wife and kids to go shopping in, he didn't believe it to be suitable for the road.

Let's leave your opinion out of it, and stick to the facts. He actually said 'if it's modified for track use, keep it on the track. If you're going to take them on the road, then you've got to be watchful of how they're driven, there's no place on a public road for that manner of driving.' Fair enough I think, considering it was dark, icy and there was a lot of traffic about?

IMO, he made an error resulting in losing control, if he could go back in time he would have made adjustments accordingly.

He will be more careful next time i'm sure, a lot of us wish we could go back and change a few silly driving mistakes we have made.

Yes but we can't go back in time can we. He was lucky he didn't injure himself more severely, or anyone else for that matter.

It's all very well mocking this programme for ridiculing fast driving and modified cars, but when cars are driven badly and they crash and injure people, the only person to be mocked is the driver, although by then it's too late.

And you wouldn't boo-hoo if you were in your car with your wife and kids and all of a sudden a sports car comes hurtling off a slip road, spins and crashes and causes all kinds of mayhem? He didn't sensationalise at all, nor was he angry, in fact he was quite calm and rational.

Let's leave your opinion out of it, and stick to the facts. He actually said 'if it's modified for track use, keep it on the track. If you're going to take them on the road, then you've got to be watchful of how they're driven, there's no place on a public road for that manner of driving.' Fair enough I think, considering it was dark, icy and there was a lot of traffic about?

Yes but we can't go back in time can we. He was lucky he didn't injure himself more severely, or anyone else for that matter.

It's all very well mocking this programme for ridiculing fast driving and modified cars, but when cars are driven badly and they crash and injure people, the only person to be mocked is the driver, although by then it's too late.

:Popcorn:

I had a concern over the reliability of the witness.

He stated the car starting spinning, flew up into the air and then rolled up the bank.

How does a spinning car shoot up into the air without hitting anything???????????

Think he may have watched too much of the A Team and Dukes of Hazzard when he was younger!

I personally think its nothing to do with the car but several other factors.

Driver not allowing for poor rd conditions, ice, snow, standing water etc (usually all are fairly obvious and you should drive accordingly)

Driver being caught out by less obvious poor rd conditions, diesel, black ice etc (not so easy to deal with but if its cold expect black ice and if its a bus route or truck route expect diesel spills)

Driver ability (too many think they are driving gods)

Cheap tyres (too many running cars on too tight a budget)

Tyres that are on the wear limits (as above)

Incorrectly inflated tyres (simply lazy, when was the last time you checked yours ? )

Incorrect suspension geometry or seized worn out parts (poor maintainance by owner or again running a car on pennies rather than pounds)

Blaming the car in my opinion is a cop out as all of the above are the drivers responsibility

Most people prefer to spend their money in the way of power upgrades but forget about all of the above.

Everybody makes mistakes, just glad nobody was seriously injured.

Lol well at least most people will remember Little num but maybe for the wrong reasons.

Well lets get back to the witness who they interview, first off its a single lane entry to the M42 at that junction so no way of over taking any1 unless i was on the hard shoulder.

Then i turn into a stunt man and make cars fly without hitting anything ???? Then as i was stuck in the car that same guy came over to see if i was ok and tried dragging me out the car as i was paralised for about 10 mins, so i politely told him to F off and leave me alone.

Oh and it was totally my fault i didnt blame the car at all as it was setup perfect, i shouldnt have been using it with slush freesing weather but we live and learn so now my car dont come out even in the rain.

I dont really care if people slate me or my driving fact is i crashed and nobody was injured other then me, so serve's meself right.

And no doubt ill crash my new supra might be on the road or the track so wait for them pictures or video's to be uploaded.

lets hope the preachers of the forum never suffer the loss i did, i loved that red supra.

Lol well at least most people will remember Little num but maybe for the wrong reasons.

Well lets get back to the witness who they interview, first off its a single lane entry to the M42 at that junction so no way of over taking any1 unless i was on the hard shoulder.

Then i turn into a stunt man and make cars fly without hitting anything ???? Then as i was stuck in the car that same guy came over to see if i was ok and tried dragging me out the car as i was paralised for about 10 mins, so i politely told him to F off and leave me alone.

Oh and it was totally my fault i didnt blame the car at all as it was setup perfect, i shouldnt have been using it with slush freesing weather but we live and learn so now my car dont come out even in the rain.

I dont really care if people slate me or my driving fact is i crashed and nobody was injured other then me, so serve's meself right.

And no doubt ill crash my new supra might be on the road or the track so wait for them pictures or video's to be uploaded.

lets hope the preachers of the forum never suffer the loss i did, i loved that red supra.

im with you man,youve been on tv this means your a celeb....friend request sent :) a true hero

Unlucky mate.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I've tried to make my stock NA spin, I've challenged her to kill me on a deserted roundabout, I've teased her on wet road... Nothing.

My reason for this is I want to know what it feels like so I can compensate, before it happens to me and I'm not prepared. Also it seemed like fun when I got it.

Ive never met Little Num, or the police officer, or the witness.

The witness - seemed rather angry at life, boo-hooing about his children in the car, and that the car had strange equipment in it.

IMO the witness wanted to sensationalize the whole incident and whip it up into something more extravagant than it actually was.

IMO, littlenum made an error resulting in losing control, if he could go back in time he would have made adjustments accordingly.

He will be more careful next time i'm sure, a lot of us wish we could go back and change a few silly driving mistakes we have made.

Good summary, having just watched the clip myself.

All this "strange equipment", it's not of this world, I tell ya! He sounds like he's just seen an alien.