Post JAE discussion thread.

Tom S

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JAE was awesome this year, Sorry for not saying hello to some of you as i was feeling a bit ill from the alcohol i had fri night ! lol

BIG well done to John for winning BEST Toyota on show n shine, it was well deserved mate...Your car is simply stunning !

Did you drive your car to JAE John ? im sure you did...Some people said to Kleers that you brought the car on a trailer ??

Here some pics me and John took of our cars together on show n shine... though they were taken on iphone

I also emailed John at Kleers to find out the notes on mine so i can improve the car next year :)

"Wow, what a motor and love the colour.

If it’s any consolation at all you came joint second in your class. Please find your scores below, all are out of 10.

Wheels = 5

The inside of the wheels were still fairly dirty plus I’m not sure if its where they have been painted or if it’s what’s been used to clean them but they seemed to have a very patchy finish to them, matt in places and satin in others

Body Work = 8

Marked down only due to dirty/tar spots in the wheel arches, paint was great.

Interior = 8

Just needed a sweep out and the mats banging off, fine apart from that.

Craftsmanship = 8

This judges the quality of what’s been done to the vehicle and how well its been cleaned.

Overall/Wow Factor = 9

Stunning vehicle that I’m sure looks just as good stationery as it would blasting past you on a motorway. You should be very please and proud to have such a great Supra.

The Toyota class was a tuff one to call and being first class to judge always causes some problems. Some people came up to me on the Sunday and said that the white one that won was brought to JAE on a trailer but there’s no point saying it after the event, he had already won on what I saw and knew on the day. "

oh and just to let you know Ibrar

Someone told me on Sunday that they saw a wide body red Supra turn up, as i thought it was you i told 5 other friends that we have to look at this Supra...So of we went and walked round the entire park and did not see your car, i managed to convinced them that we need to walk round again to see this Supra. After the second walk round in the heat round the whole park we gave up only to find out you was not there lol

Dame it lol

Hodge drove it down Thursday night, to be mapped at Ryan G's on Friday morning.

then him and I blasted past the 3 TT's from the NW on our way home, at about 100 leptons all the way, my little NA just sat behind, it was good moving everything out of the way :thumbs:

oh and just to let you know Ibrar

Someone told me on Sunday that they saw a wide body red Supra turn up, as i thought it was you i told 5 other friends that we have to look at this Supra...So of we went and walked round the entire park and did not see your car, i managed to convinced them that we need to walk round again to see this Supra. After the second walk round in the heat round the whole park we gave up only to find out you was not there lol

Dame it lol

LOL, at the hoax call :innocent:

Really sorry I couldn't make it, I was looking forward to this event aswell :( roll on next year.

The Supra section was fun and Tom did a great job of making sure it was all setup well so all the club members could enjoy themselves whatever the weather (or location for that matter!)

I was terribly disappointed with the show itself. The quality, diversity and number of cars wasn't a patch on the Billing/Peterborough days.

The 23:00 curfew was madness - although I can understand why in the grounds it was situated in. Did they hold you to this on Saturday night too? Speaking with a couple of other attending clubs they felt JAE has had its day.

I know I didn't get into the spirit of it with you guys as I had to drive back, but I came back thinking that we'd be better off trying to get the fun of the marquee and camping into the event of SupraPod which has greater club attendance.

The Supra section was fun and Tom did a great job of making sure it was all setup well so all the club members could enjoy themselves whatever the weather (or location for that matter!)

I was terribly disappointed with the show itself. The quality, diversity and number of cars wasn't a patch on the Billing/Peterborough days.

The 23:00 curfew was madness - although I can understand why in the grounds it was situated in. Did they hold you to this on Saturday night too? Speaking with a couple of other attending clubs they felt JAE has had its day.

I know I didn't get into the spirit of it with you guys as I had to drive back, but I came back thinking that we'd be better off trying to get the fun of the marquee and camping into the event of SupraPod which has greater club attendance.

I fear that you maybe right Pete. I spent all of about 20 minutes in two and a half days off the Supra stand and saw very little that was of interest. It's a shame after my first JAE in 2007 that the show has declined in such a way. We were all discussing this on Sunday morning and maybe there are too many shows in the calendar these days.

H.

I hear what people are saying about JAE and I don't know anything of the other national events but I think it would be a shame not to have an official MKIV presence at these kind of events. It raises the profile of the club and its cars which should bring new members and help keep the value of the cars up :D

I hope that the camping and marquee idea will be considered again for Suprapod but not at the loss of being at a national event like JAE or similar.

As far as promoting the club is concerned: how about a couple of screens/projectors - one showing selected club videos/dvds and the other hooked up to a games console racing a Supra?