Your Supra - ambitions before you die

hogmaw

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Japan

1. Finish BPU mods

2. Track days at SPA Nishura (Local track)

Then Ship the car to South Africa

1. Drag strip - Push for 12sec, hopefully late 11sec 1/4mile.

2. Track days - Durban, Johannesburg

3. Single turbo conversion (650 - 700hp) - hunt down the 10sec barrier

After that, not sure, maybe will sell, hopefully at a profit as Supras in SA are very rare...

I picked up on this, please don't take offence....

11s will be hard to hit in BPU mate. It takes a well setup car, specifically for drag racing, to get into the 11s. Just in case you were thinking that a street trim will do the trick. Fair enough if you're properly going for it though :D

Rip engine out

Uprate internals, big twins or single set up, clean polish all egine parts,

k sport brakes all round

Leather up Recaro seats and maybe flock the dash

Get a feature in Banzai mag

Take it round a track would be cool and to do loads of runs at Santa pod

Keep it till I'm old in as good condition as it is now lol

My ambitions before I die have absolutely sweet FA to do with the car, I think there's far more to life than that :)

I would like it finished before the end of the month though!

I picked up on this, please don't take offence....

11s will be hard to hit in BPU mate. It takes a well setup car, specifically for drag racing, to get into the 11s. Just in case you were thinking that a street trim will do the trick. Fair enough if you're properly going for it though :D

No offence taken at all mate.. Its good to be realistic abt this stuff...

On the drag scene at the moment in South Africa, the Merc C63 AMG's are running top times, consistent late to mid 11s (modded cars of course)...

Golf 5 GTi's with the KO4 turbos are running mid 12's...

I want to take my 17year old Toyota and definitely stick it to the Golfs, I realise the C63 will be difficult at the BPU power level.... I am hoping some decent traction, maybe

some mapping can sneak me in the 11's...But we will see how it goes, I dont intend on stripping the car out, so whatever the time is I am happy...

No offence taken at all mate.. Its good to be realistic abt this stuff...

On the drag scene at the moment in South Africa, the Merc C63 AMG's are running top times, consistent late to mid 11s (modded cars of course)...

Golf 5 GTi's with the KO4 turbos are running mid 12's...

I want to take my 17year old Toyota and definitely stick it to the Golfs, I realise the C63 will be difficult at the BPU power level.... I am hoping some decent traction, maybe

some mapping can sneak me in the 11's...But we will see how it goes, I dont intend on stripping the car out, so whatever the time is I am happy...

You won't need to strip the car mate. You will definitely need som road going slicks at a minimum. Decent rear suspension will make a massive difference also.

Above all the most important thing is practice.

Main things I want to do are:

Master the suspension.

Improve and refine aerodynamics.

Get the weight down to around 1350KG.

Twin side mount IC's

DBW ITB's

Build a unique long rod/revy and responsive engine using the lightest parts available.

Get it round the ring in under 8 minutes.

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

You won't need to strip the car mate. You will definitely need som road going slicks at a minimum. Decent rear suspension will make a massive difference also.

Above all the most important thing is practice.

I am looking for a set of Direzza 03G for now, I may decide on BF or Hoosier DR's later, lets see what the times are... I also want to get rid of my OEM 17's and get some TE37's for track and drag use..

I have the Tein Flex, I hope it suffices.

Before I leave Japan I want to get the sus checked out completely and replace what needs to be replaced...

As for the practice, street racing is huge in South Africa so plenty of opportunities!! :D

Edited by Samurai 20V (see edit history)

Main things I want to do are:

Master the suspension.

Improve and refine aerodynamics.

Get the weight down to around 1350KG.

Twin side mount IC's

DBW ITB's

Build a unique long rod/revy and responsive engine using the lightest parts available.

Get it round the ring in under 8 minutes.

On the last 1 bud you might die attempting it:p

would love to have a single with similar drivability as full bpu that will do a genuine 200mph when asked of, a really nice 2nd set of wheels bbs or those lovely 18 inch tte lexus gs 300 sport wheels 10 inch rears. and replace the crapy original leather seats for something reall comfortable and suportive rs4 similar, thats it really everything else bout the car is perfect.