The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jurgen in Hospital - small update

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't worry about that J, an ulcer will be limited to your cornea but won't affect the insides :)
fustrating at moment had to cancel my holiday.

eye still blurry been 2.5 weeks now.. still have a bit of the coloured part of eye cloudy..

am still light sensitive and mornings are not good.

am now on reduced steroid drops.

just hoping vision comes back now and soon

• 2 months later...

bit of an update on my eye- did not really want to put pics up but loads have asked and if you see me now it almost looks normal..

at the time my right eye was blind NO VISION for around 1 week.

each week it improved.

its been almost 4 months since the injury my eye is still no cured and am still on medication for the eye but i have some vision but its very blurred even at 1 foot away.

my left eye has improved that i can read all the letters on the board at the opticians (prior to injury it was only half the board).

at first my brain could not manage with one eye vision but gruadally after the 1-2 month my left eye and brain adpated so i could start doing things like picking things up properly and driving again.

right now i feel a little pain but forget that i cant see with my right eye (just blocked it out).

i have to wait till July 2012 to have any surgery to corrected or improve it.

anyway some pics.

the infection

the pain was unreal (i felt if i pulled my eye out it would of hurt less)

scarring and cloud over my eye which effects my vision

gradually getting better

close up of the scarring and the eye

me and my son on holiday (eye looks normal unless close up)

Ouch man! As said before, I had something just like this happen to me. I was on three different types of drops to attempt to clear it up. Thankfully, the scar didn't go into my pupil or I'd have permanent vision loss. Hopefully your situation ends just as lucky as mine did. Good luck and keep us posted!! :D

Ouch man! As said before, I had something just like this happen to me. I was on three different types of drops to attempt to clear it up. Thankfully, the scar didn't go into my pupil or I'd have permanent vision loss. Hopefully your situation ends just as lucky as mine did. Good luck and keep us posted!! :D
how long was your recovery ? am in 4 months have been told to wait upto 12 months first then we see what can happen.

the worst thing about it is i went to A&E to get treated and they told me i had conjunctivitus so i went home with some drops i could still see , but the next day infection got worse and woke up with no vision and went to different hospital. (were they kept me in for just over 1 week). first 4 days was drops every 30 mins for 24 hours (no sleep for arund 5 days) just to try and have the chance to save my sight.

bit annoyed at the NHS as they could of treated me on the sunday when i could still see before it detorieated..

sympathy with you Jurgen my wife has abrasions of the eye where the skin over the cornea tears at the slightest thing, last time she had it a few years ago NHS screwed up resulting in infection causing similar to what you,ve got abd still has a small cloudy patch barely visible though in the eye but full function of eye ok now. The pain was unbearable, and instead of admiting her told us to administer steroid drops on the hour every hour, which was hellish or the week we had to do it.

The best thing she has found for it as it was dry eye they think caused it was the Optrex Optimist eye spray keeps eyes lubricated and itch free and it does work

Good luck with the recovery

the worst thing about it is i went to A&E to get treated and they told me i had conjunctivitus so i went home with some drops i could still see , but the next day infection got worse and woke up with no vision and went to different hospital. (were they kept me in for just over 1 week). first 4 days was drops every 30 mins for 24 hours (no sleep for arund 5 days) just to try and have the chance to save my sight.

bit annoyed at the NHS as they could of treated me on the sunday when i could still see before it detorieated..

It's what happened to me Jurgen with left leg. Went in on a Friday with a lump on my knee that was stupidly painful. They sent me home with some pain killers and told me to come back on the Monday, by then the infection was out of control. Two weeks in Wigan Infirmary and two operations later I had a knee that looks like it's been set about with a knife and fork.

I never did sue. Although I was grateful that a Dr Raj saved my leg from amputation.

Hope you get a full recovery.

H.