The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My facelift TT6 (Updates!)

Si_s Supe

Thanks for the link...that's £3 cheaper delivered than they are on eBay!:)

What about the CREE rear lights etc...same place!?

No worries! Lightec are a brilliant company to deal with too. Yes, same bulbs for the rear too. Just realised I may not have made it clear in my post, the CREEs at the rear are in the number plate lights, not tail lights. Don't think they do CREE tails. I'll edit that.

Finally got this all finished today and I am really chuffed with the results! So that's Eibach Pro's onto my yellow Bilstiens, all four UK calipers fully stripped / repainted / new vinyls, rebuilt with CW stainless brake pins / CW seal kits / CW stainless rear pistons / CW fast road pads all round and MR T. front discs. It's taken 3 weeks to do as I've only had time to bits here and there and had to wait for parts too so to finally drop it to the floor and drive it was bliss! While it was up, I decided to check the subframe bolt torque...glad I did! The 19mm rear bolts on the front subframe got between 1/4 and 1/2 turn on all of them (200nm) and the front 19mm's on the rear subframe were cracked up too (175nm) All the rest were OK, although when I removed the suspension a few weeks ago, the bolt that goes through the bottom of NSF leg was FINGER TIGHT! Moral to this story is CHECK THE TORQUE SETTINGS ON YOUR SUSPENSION / SUBFRAME!

Great work on the car.

Stock front really needs to look a bit more meatier, perhaps paint the rubber lip silver so that it gives it a deeper look and source an Active Spoiler to finish it off.

Did the car come with a stock sealed Air box, if so - why did you replace it with a filter that now sucks in all the hot air from the engine?

although when I removed the suspension a few weeks ago' date=' the bolt that goes through the bottom of NSF leg was FINGER TIGHT! [/quote']

opps if thats the bolt through the bottom of the shock (?) then that must have been me when I originally fitted the Bilsteins :innocent:

Great work on the car.

Stock front really needs to look a bit more meatier, perhaps paint the rubber lip silver so that it gives it a deeper look and source an Active Spoiler to finish it off.

Did the car come with a stock sealed Air box, if so - why did you replace it with a filter that now sucks in all the hot air from the engine?

I did buy a full active spoiler setup but then decided I wanted an aftermarket splitter, so sold it. Bought some OEM skirts and spats which are sat at work, but before buying the splitter...changed my mind again and am loving the stock look, as the vast majority of people also seem to.

Re the filter, why does anyone fit them!? We all know they have little effect on a stock car (either positive or negative) but they sound and look great. I still have the stock air box if I want to swap it back.

Those calipers look brand new now! Nice work!:)

They basically are! The only original parts are the front pistons as they're in perfect condition. Everything else was replaced! :)

opps if thats the bolt through the bottom of the shock (?) then that must have been me when I originally fitted the Bilsteins :innocent:

Tut tut!!! ;) I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and put it down some evil little gremlins!!

Yes, you have done a great job on those calipers, well done. A lovely looking car!

Thanks again Chris for your excellent service, help and advice. Diamond geezer!