The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jamesy's 2011 Billet 6765H Project...!!

Jamesy

BACK ON THE ROAD!!!!!

Just a week after the Suprapod melted gearbox diaster, Lee has managed to get my car back on the road again as of last night :D

Massive thanks for the superbly quick turnaround as usual, and as previously mentioned to Mark Newman for the donar box (and Jamie n Ricky for the logistics!!)

Does feel wired driving with a stock TC for now, but great to be back behind the wheel again :)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BACK ON THE ROAD!!!!!

Just a week after the Suprapod melted gearbox diaster, Lee has managed to get my car back on the road again as of last night :D

Massive thanks for the superbly quick turnaround as usual, and as previously mentioned to Mark Newman for the donar box (and Jamie n Ricky for the logistics!!)

Does feel wired driving with a stock TC for now, but great to be back behind the wheel again :)

nice mate, so when is the new rebuilt stuff going in?

nice mate, so when is the new rebuilt stuff going in?

lol not for a while dude!! :D

To be honest i dont actually need the BL built box again til start of next summer and he shows/suprapod etc... i'll prob use this stock one over winter.

Going to send the BL box to Lee's autobox specialst and leave it with him to tinker with, and upgrade hopefully a few more of the weaker parts that BL dont do as standard so it will handle the power better.

one day ill match you bud lol, fair play as i know the stock box spits its dummy out if you hit it with too much.... shame

To be honest my mate its running 550ftlbs in his aristo for years with a stock box with no issues - they are pretty robust. Its not so much the bhp that kills them, more the torque!!

Nice one mate, you will love the BL, your neigbours will hate it though, Lee made me a bung for mine which helps on the early mornings.

Hell yes i will love it :D .... it was either that or your old 5" system off Dude.

And the neightbours havent complained for ages (mostly as the car been with Lee) so this will give them something to talk about again! :)

Hell yes i will love it :D .... it was either that or your old 5" system off Dude.

And the neightbours havent complained for ages (mostly as the car been with Lee) so this will give them something to talk about again! :)

nice one mate. i rememeber when i saw that 5" system in jamies shed ha ha its mental. glad you got the boost logic system mate, should sound great.

• 3 weeks later...

Spent some time on the car today, and concentrated on the headlights.

They were so badly yellow you could hardly see through them. Used a few coats of autosol metal polisher and loads of elbow grease. Well pleased with how they came out, only thing i could do with is the large chrome ring :)

• 3 weeks later...

Same tool as the inner lip roll, but then they change the angle mate so it pushes against the arch more. Then just keep pushing it more and more gradually and the arch starts to flare. Gotta be careful it dont dent above the arch though as the inner skin moves around so much