The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra club trackday?

downimpact

How much would you REALLY be willing to pay for a track day?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you REALLY be willing to pay for a track day?

• up to £80
    • up to £100
    • up to £130
    • up to £150
    • up to £200
    • Over £200

There have been numberous threads about track days a couple of which posted by myself, there never seems to be any intrest!?

Llandow is a good place to go for a first track day and great fun for hooning it about in a safe(ish) environment. However I have to agree with Paul its abit boring once you have turned a few laps as its so small.

Donnington would be a great circuit to have a track-day at as its central, easy to access and AFAIK no speed bumps on the way in :)

Noise should not really be an issue (except for the anyone with open screamers) and as people have mentioned can be checked before any monies are paid. If people express an intrest I am happy to look to get a few options together, im also not sure whats happening with Llandow this year -will go have a look now.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Llandow is very rare as pretty much every other circuit has noise limits.

Donington is 98 mostly but has a couple of days shown at 110 but these are very expensive.

Josh i doubt you'll do a trackday anywhere that wont cost you a minimum of £200 ( fuel getting there, fuel on circuit, track cost if its a very cheap day ! ) and thats before you factor in tyre wear.

Have a look here http://www.trackdays.co.uk and you'll see on the trackday calender costs and noise limits for just about everywhere in the country.

Track days are not cheap - its as simple as that. Even Llandow is quite expensive when you start taking into account fuel, tyres, staying somewhere over night. If your travelling from the NW or the South it easy gets into the £200 bracket.

Prices tend to get cheaper as we get to the end of the year, right now its stupidly expensive due to the peak season; I did Spa last year for cheaper than some of the UK trackdays which is massive and an awesome circuit.

Llandow is very rare as pretty much every other circuit has noise limits.

Donington is 98 mostly but has a couple of days shown at 110 but these are very expensive.

Josh i doubt you'll do a trackday anywhere that wont cost you a minimum of £200 ( fuel getting there, fuel on circuit, track cost if its a very cheap day ! ) and thats before you factor in tyre wear.

Have a look here http://www.trackdays.co.uk and you'll see on the trackday calender costs and noise limits for just about everywhere in the country.

Track days are not cheap - its as simple as that. Even Llandow is quite expensive when you start taking into account fuel, tyres, staying somewhere over night. If your travelling from the NW or the South it easy gets into the £200 bracket.

Prices tend to get cheaper as we get to the end of the year, right now its stupidly expensive due to the peak season; I did Spa last year for cheaper than some of the UK trackdays which is massive and an awesome circuit.

I've had a look at the trackdays website previously and I'd like to pay £100 or so for the track time then fuel and tyre wear on top is fine by me.

I just meant I wouldn't really want to do a day where it costs £3-400 just for the track.

As long as the noise limits allow the car onto the track then anywhere is fine by me :)

Is it worth contacting a track as the club and speaking to them regarding exclusive hire and increased noise limit due to exclusive hire?

Not really as it would just cost too much. Tracks are rediculously expensive to hire for example its over £5k to hire Anglesey for the day which is why its £3-400 for a slot on an open pit lane day at one of the big circuits. For a group of 10 supras it would make it unrealistic.

Northloop have a big track focus and have some great offers from time to time. I can speak to Gary and see if we could join one of their days if people were intrested.

I know for a fact Llandow is £2400 + medics and photographers this year so even that is not cheap.

On anything bigger than Llandow your going to be looking at over £200 im afraid unless we do it in Sept/Oct when the price starts to come down.

The other issue is the Calendar is very busy this time or year, there are at least 4/5 big events in the next 2 months.

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Here's a link to last year's track day. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?223247-Llandow-2010-The-club-s-very-own-track-day

Unfortunately for two years running we have lost the event organisers that used to deal with the track days. If any other event organisers want to step forward and try to give this one a go (for a track day later in the year) then it would be a massive help to us. :)

I know for a fact Llandow is £2400 + medics and photographers this year so even that is not cheap.

It was £2720 in total last year including medics and photographers. This worked out as the price per car £80ish (as per thread I linked to above). Obviously we'd need a certain amount of interest to make it worth while.

Let's start an interested list with a rough figure of cost in mind? You say roughly £200 then that's a figure to go with so any one interested in a track day with a guide price of £200 put there name down? Then one we get enough names down including possible 10% drop out we get the ball rolling!

Im more than happy to arrange a track day for later in the year Charlotte, there just never seems to be much intrest. I think as this thread shows people are not prepared to spend over £200 on a days fun :(

Thanks - I knew you'd be up for the challenge. :) But, like you say - it's a very hard one to organise, especially after all the other shows.

Let's start an interested list with a rough figure of cost in mind? You say roughly £200 then that's a figure to go with so any one interested in a track day with a guide price of £200 put there name down? Then one we get enough names down including possible 10% drop out we get the ball rolling!

It can be anywhere from £80 if we get enough people for somewhere like Llandow later in ther year but I very much doubt we will get enough people after all the shows in the year.

places like cadwell and brands do days for £150 or cheaper if you are prepared to run the risk of the weather in sept/oct.

Ill start an intrest thread later today :)

Have i missed the interest thread ;) If so I'm interested. Honestly think we'll struggle to get a track with low noise limits and reasonably priced enough or enought members actully participating to bring the costs down to a reasonable level. Most years we struggle to get to 40, I think we only had 30 on track last year.

Maybe we should have it open to members and friends from the off to increase numbers.

Hopefully we can do another track, but if not I can help out with llandow organisation as just down the road.

I am up for it if I can bring my Skyline? But not Llandow, too small and tight, needs to be somewhere I can get it in top gear ;) IMHO best to just pick a date at a track event run by Bookatrack, or Javelin or whatever that's open to all and tag on to that. You won't get anything like enough Supras to single book a proper circuit for reasonable cost.

i would love to do a track day but i've never done one before and if i'm honest i find the thought quite scary...

i also think that i would be a danger in my stock n/a auto as all you guys with at least double my power come flying past me... :(

http://www.trackdaylist.com/

Plug in Car, Donington (or wherever) and Track Day and it lists all upcoming events save some run by the circuits themselves. There's nothing scary about a track day, 95% of them are very well run and there will be plenty of other first timers. An N/A auto will be perfect, no worries there. It's NOT a race day, overtaking is by consent only, on the left only, and usually on the straights only. You are actively encouraged to go no faster than you fell comfortable with, and there are nearly always instructors available to sit in with you and give advice. Donington is a pretty safe circuit for beginners.