The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra club trackday?

downimpact

How much would you REALLY be willing to pay for a track day?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you REALLY be willing to pay for a track day?

• up to £80
    • up to £100
    • up to £130
    • up to £150
    • up to £200
    • Over £200

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the time yes, but they have the occasional noisy day with no limits at all. They are fairly dear though, from £295 to £445 depending on the organiser. Apart from there you don't have much choice other than running something pretty quiet, exhaust wise, with a proper wastegate set up.

why have noise restrictions at tracks , spoils everything , 80% of the spectical for me is hearing an engine screaming its nuts off as it flys past

damn locals, shouldn't move by a race track then. What suprises me is that being by a railway or airport is fine.

why have noise restrictions at tracks , spoils everything , 80% of the spectical for me is hearing an engine screaming its nuts off as it flys past

It annoys me that they have noise restrictions as the whole point of a track is to put any car to it's limits, not only road legal cars but full on track monsters! Virtually all racing formulas have a much louder decibel level than 90% of our cars so why make a restriction for jo public?!

They don't, most race series now run to the same noise limits as cars on track days. Blame the government, the EU `uman rights act, and circuit owners for not fighting noise restrictions by pooling resources and having a proper court case. Most objectors to noise from race circuits are "incomers" who chose to buy properties bordering circuits at their perceived market value, then decided to object about noise levels, possibly with compensation in mind... You can't beat them (at least not until we get a dictator in here to sort the stinking mess the country is in), so if you love driving cars fast, and value your licence, it's best to keep the blood pressure low with a decent exhaust and intake system ;)

Ah didn't know they have lowered the noise levels! Surely F1 and British touring car are much louder than us normals? But then I suppose they only go to specific tracks! Bloody nanny state!

We can all but dream of someone sorting this mess out but I don't see it happening any time soon and probably not in my life time! :(