Bn Sports Spoiler - Yes or No ?

_Shane_

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't even waste my time posting a pic of my car on SF lol. Very peculiar bunch over the pond. Remind me of the numerous "highschool" movies, you are either a jock or a nerd..... there is no inbetween.

yeah i think i was a nerd, bling pimp, mr.t, austin powers ect ect and jaws??

A carbon one i suppose will have to do then. Im not really a spoiler person but when you see the width of the kit front & back on the supra its just crying out for a spoiler

i knew i would get slated on here by asking but at the end of the day its better to get slated over the question then to actually do this to my supra

A carbon one i suppose will have to do then. Im not really a spoiler person but when you see the width of the kit front & back on the supra its just crying out for a spoiler

i knew i would get slated on here by asking but at the end of the day its better to get slated over the question then to actually do this to my supra

I don't see anyone slating *you* Shane, you asked for honest opinions on a spoiler your were thinking about fitting and you got some (some in-favour and some non-in-favour). Isn't that what you wanted?

Just out of interest, (I know, if you own sports car you shouldn't think of running costs etc ........but surely).

Has anyone ever worked out what the drag coefficient and difference in petrol costs actually are, of running a supra with a spolier like that, compared to standard one?

I would hazard a guess that it will cost you £'s extra in petrol, driving around with that spoiler attached to your car.

Looks great on the drift car as it goes with the theme.

Looks great on the drift car as it goes with the theme.

I'm in a different line of thought with a few on this. Even on drift cars these type of wings make a mockery of what a wing is supposed to do. Drift cars rarely get up to any speed where downforce is generated in enough quantity to make any difference. On top of that why are drift cars looking to generate downforce and extra grip on the rear tyres that they are looking to break traction with?

So for me at least they look silly. But as always people should not be put off what others think. :)

I'm in a different line of thought with a few on this. Even on drift cars these type of wings make a mockery of what a wing is supposed to do. Drift cars rarely get up to any speed where downforce is generated in enough quantity to make any difference. On top of that why are drift cars looking to generate downforce and extra grip on the rear tyres that they are looking to break traction with?

So for me at least they look silly. But as always people should not be put off what others think. :)

Drift wings have a high angle though, making it more of an air break and therefor making it easier to break traction at "drifting" speeds. This BN wing looks as if it would do that very effectively :)

Drift wings have a high angle though, making it more of an air break and therefor making it easier to break traction at "drifting" speeds. This BN wing looks as if it would do that very effectively :)

Are the spoilers really doing that much when at a 50 degree angle to the airflow? The end plates likely cause more resistance than the wing itself, can't see them adding downforce though

Are the spoilers really doing that much when at a 50 degree angle to the airflow? The end plates likely cause more drag than the wing itself, can't see them adding downforce though

I don't have the numbers but I do know the difference is mind boggling. A simple example is the veyron. At 90 degrees over 100 it gives more braking force than most cars total. Is the BN really only 50 degrees? It looks like a scoop getting closer to 70.

The more I look at the pic of your car with the wing the more I like it, a bgw carbon type would look brilliant though. At the end of the day do what makes you happy dude, you have a cool car there and its nice to see something a bit different from the usual, it looks like a real drift weapon which is brilliant in my books.

is that something you can ad and remove just for events ? or will it be a perminent fixture?

Its just sat there, i only bought it as it was very cheap, im not sure i will ever use it, may do if i ever do a track day in the car.

With the bn kit the car 100% needs a rear spoiler to finish it off in my opinion. The stock spoiler looks lost on the back. The bn spoiler is fairly big i must say and dont think i would be able to track that down even if i went to look at getting another one.

I have been looking at some drift style spoilers online but i want to measure the ass of the car first to make sure that the spoiler i pick will look well and not lost on the car lol