The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Scottish Car Show sunday 17th july

drift_bear

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the gods are working against me on this one, everyone that was coming with me has pulled out for other shows/meets, half the head is still missing on the Aerotop after a bolt snapped and I now have to work through the night every night to get it back together and running for it, I am determined to get the Aerotop there as I haven't driven it for 2 months now, but if the worst happens, I'll be in the N/A.

Sorry if I missed it...but what time do we have to be there for on Sunday morning!?

i have emailed the organisers just to confirm what time we have to be there for in order to get into the place and i have also chased up the packs aswell for this. should be getting a reply soon telling me all.

Done 3 spec sheets, link below, if any of you others want one too you'll need to PM me a link to a photo (or email it to jdoprentice(at)gmail.com) and your spec under the appropriate headings and I'll do them tomorrow morning. It will have to be right first time as I'm away and don't know if I'll have internet or time to adjust them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68378003@N00/tags/specsheet2011/

the pack with all he bands has come through today, so i will pass on. i got 8 bands for this instead of 7, so im in a 50/50 frame of mind to come along now. this year there is also a Fuel policy i will put below what it says in the letter just so everyone is aware.

Fuel Policy

All cars indoors MUST hold a minimum amount of fuel, any vehicle containing more than a quarter tank of fuel will without exepction be refused access to the indoor area.

the below list is who is coming to this event -

MarcAB10

Monsween +1

Westy882 +1

Marc_p

Bryson

Alex I'll be round at olleys after work tonight around 4:30 onwards so if your in town then you could maybe drop past with the passes ect?

Fuel thing is a bit annoying, will have to watch that.

What's the plans for meeting up before we go into the show? I'm sure we met at a petrol station last year then all headed along..

taken from last years thread is what we done below.

this is what I can imagine to happen:

Aberdeen folks meet - 5.00am

Xscape @ 7am leaving at 7.05 (edinburgh/south scottish lot)

convoy together to Edinburgh, Esso Petrol Station (next to mcdonalds, then 5mins drive to arena) - 7.45am

sounds reasonable?

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

Guest ScottishCarShow

Hey everyone,

Just a quick message to let you all know that its only a couple of days until The Scottish Car Show hits The Royal Highland Centre, Ingliston, Edinburgh.

This year we've got Terry Grants all new Xtreme Show, over 1,000 cars on display including car clubs, websites and forums like this, The Fuel Girls fire and air show, top drivers from the Drift Championships plus loads of family entertainment including go karting, hovercraft rides, driving lessons from On Board Training for kids aged 12 and above, passenger laps in the Drift Taxis, the army's shooting gallery and a whole lot more. Plus a crazy after show party for over 18's only!

Full details of the event are online at http://www.scottishcarshow.com and if you check our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/scottishcarshow we are running ticket giveaways up until the day of the show

Thanks for reading and hope to see you on Sunday!

Guys I got my project back this sunday cant wait to show yous all, It will be displayed this sunday Indoors going to be with a few friends I hope to see most of yous all there, and mustang you better be smelling of camping buddy hahah

Unfortunately my car is not going to be ready for the show tomorrow now as front bumper is still not complete and the old vs bumper is cracked down the middle. It don't think it would look good putting it on display the way it is at the moment. :-(

I will still be coming along and wondering if I can use my £10 I have paid already to get me in??

Crap, I am so sorry guys, I never usually pull out of anything, but I can't make it tomorrow, I've had a catastrophic overheating problem in the car today and were going to have to strip it all down today and tomorrow:(

If you can think of anyone who can have my ticket please give it to them.

Again, I'm really sorry, I feel like I have really let you guys down:(