The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Refurb Woes

Matt H

Good luck mate, just read this thread and I feel for you. Bad service seems run of the mill now-a-days unfortunately.

My mates thinking of getting some wheels re-furbed at a place in Saltney, not the same firm by any chance?

Cheers pjavon. No, it's not in Saltney. You'll have to let me know how he gets on with them :)

fingers crossed matt, them wheels are stunning be a shame to have them fooked up.

Aye, that's the fear. They weren't that bad to start with, but 3-4 years on I thought I get them done. I'd be gutted if they weren't spot on, not only are they v.expensive, they don't make them anymore either :(

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Matt - you never seem to get a fair crack do you! I hope you get it sorted soon.Tee

Cheers bud. No, nothing has ever been smooth sailing with my Supra ownership! Bit of a contrast with my last car, a Mitsubishi. That had a lot of modding done to it, even an engine transplant and nothing ever went wrong.

Cheers pjavon. No, it's not in Saltney. You'll have to let me know how he gets on with them(

OK mate, thanks for letting me know. I'll still have my fingers crossed for you tomorrow;)

Really hope it works out well bud, good luck

:ecstatic: Done!!

I went to see my car on Saturday and the wheels are finished! The work is really good so I'm happy even though it’s been such a long wait! They're not as shiny as they were brand new, but you can't expect that and they are now immaculate :D I'm really happy with the result, which is a relief considering the amount of time they've had my car. They've also given it a full valet inside and out.

Only thing they haven't completed is the silver AP Racing logo on the callipers. They've painted them black, but said that they couldn't get the logo to look right, which is fair enough – I’d prefer them not to do it rather than giving me a shoddy job back. I'll have to look into that myself, as I won't consider the callipers finished until the logo stands out in silver :cool:

I've got photos but I've left my camera at home so nothing until tonight or tomorrow.

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

:ecstatic: Done!!

I went to see my car on Saturday and the wheels are finished! The work is really good so I'm happy even though it’s been such a long wait! They're not as shiny as they were brand new, but you can't expect that and they are now immaculate :D I'm really happy with the result, which is a relief considering the amount of time they've had my car. They've also given it a full valet inside and out.

Only thing they haven't completed is the silver AP Racing logo on the callipers. They've painted them black, but said that they couldn't get the logo to look right, which is fair enough – I’d prefer them not to do it rather than giving me a shoddy job back. I'll have to look into that myself, as I won't consider the callipers finished until the logo stands out in silver :cool:

I've got photos but I've left my camera at home so nothing until tonight or tomorrow.

Did they give you a discount of any sort for messing you about?

Glad you're happy with the work :)

Pics?

I reckon the calipers will look fine as they are. IMO, logo'd calipers are a bit tacky these days, probably due to the fake covers and cheap calipers kits around. Big calipers in a plain, subtle shade are the way forward :cool:

Pics?

I reckon the calipers will look fine as they are. IMO, logo'd calipers are a bit tacky these days, probably due to the fake covers and cheap calipers kits around. Big calipers in a plain, subtle shade are the way forward :cool:

As said I've not got access to them to post up at the moment. The AP racing logo is etched into the calipers, so lend's itself for colouring separtely. At the moment it is a black caliper with the etched logo in black, which you can hardly see. 100% needs sorting out.

After a number of years, I thought it time to freshen up my Weds.

I took my car to a place in Chester to have all 4 wheels refurbed, and while I was at it, get the brake calipers done too. I was estimated about a month turn around as they were using a new company that had a machine that could polish the wheels back to bling. That was over 2 months ago now :(

The problem the refurbers have is with this polishing company they're using. They said they needed a new clamp to hold the rims into place as they're quite large. A few promises from this company later and the job isn't done yet. It's really frustrating as the weathers coming better now and I'm fed up of waiting and phoning up for updates :(

Be carefull matt as your wheels are amazing. Are you sure this company even knows what they're doing ! The last thing you need is them wheels looking like shit !

i have waited all day to see decent pics and you post that lol, have a virtual chinese burn from me to you.

car looks great as usual though.

I know! But i've just been sent it so thought I'd post up! :D I'll get the better one's on tonight. Cheers Bud